LoG 2 Starting Attributes?

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
kyleighterry

LoG 2 Starting Attributes?

Post by kyleighterry »

Hi guys! In the first game I didn't make my own party but for my LoG2 playthrough I decided to customize my own party. I went with a minotaur barbarian, minotaur fighter, insectoid wizard and lizardman alchemist.

My question is how should I distribute the 10 starting attribute points? Am I screwed if I don't divide them up properly? For the fighter and barbarian I gave them each 5 more str and divided the rest up between vitality and dex. The wizard I gave 5 willpower, the rest in vitality and dex. The alchemist I forget what I didn't exactly. Does that sound OK for a normal difficulty playthrough?
DaggorathMaster

Re: LoG 2 Starting Attributes?

Post by DaggorathMaster »

Yes that seems reasonable.

When in doubt:
Strength increases load. The whole party benefits, if you have a lot of items.
- Being slow (or immobile) is worse than having any other low stat.
Willpower should be maxed for wizards, but also other high-energy builds can benefit.
- e.g., if you find that Bear Form is a way you like to play, high max energy (from high willpower) helps make it last "forever".
- I am no big fan of power attacks (which cost energy) in this game, in general. Slow, not powerful enough, and sometimes silly requirements.

I have not found Dexterity or Vitality to be as useful as Strength and Willpower,
but some weapons do get damage bonuses from Dexterity rather than from Strength.
- Those tend to be some of my least-favorite weapons, though.
- There is an Accuracy skill, which helps much more than a few points of Dexterity will.