Exiles' Quest - mod RELEASED!

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Isaac

Re: Exiles' Quest - mod RELEASED!

Post by Isaac »

Good luck with it. :)

(But do plan on a patch... it took us months to test the 9 level ORRR2 map—three patches made for it; and it still has bugs.)
After the patch you might post it on Nexusmods (or Dropbox/GoogleDrive/SpiderOak etc...), as you have to have the Steam version to get the mod from Steam.
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

My stuff is pretty simplistic, shouldn't be too buggy.

I already put it up on Nexus for GOG players.
someshiftyboi

Post by someshiftyboi »

I'm stuck on pilgrim's puzzle. Can you give any hint or solution plz?
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

SpoilerShow
Think of the plates as a literal digital phone dial.
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

For further reference, if you're playing on Steam, comment under the mod, this way I get certain pings in the Steam client and I can respond MUCH faster than I can here.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

i finished this game last night in 13 houts i had to look often for info on the steam page reactions (i have a account there but i cannot react ..on the messages.. very strange.)for the lot of bugs where i must edit lines in the console the most errors where before or leave a boss area !! but the game, the combats , puzzles are very good!!! and some little things as the gold keys who never fits on. i visit 16/18 levels, 8/10 secrets found, 2/3 treasures 14/15 epic items.. the gold miniatures are useles further, i loking out for the bugless version with 5 or 10 more levels ( very funny to see the first puzzle from dungeon master again the one with the 9 pressure plates and the 2 doors who must both opened to step on the right plates.. i break my mind on that puzzle, in 1991 when i played dm as my first official computergame.. and there was no internet to get clues os hints.
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

Just for future reference - the Steam Workshop version of the mod has been updated multiple times since release and all bugs reported by players have been fixed.
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

Finished "Exiles Quest" (Steam version). I had to resort once to the Steam forums (I'll have to live with that shame xD) for the puzzle of the 3 buttons called “1, 2 and 3” in “Dragonspare Castle” and I discovered that it has a bug, even if you do the sequence correctly and fast it doesn't come out the first time. I recorded a video to show it.

FINAL STATS:

Secrets: 8/10
Epic items: 14/15
Levels visited: 16/18
Skulls: 10
Buried treasures: 2/3
Golden treasures: 4 (all)
Gold keys used: 2

My MAPS of "Exiles Quest": https://postimg.cc/gallery/zfbtPHT

I have put question marks on the maps for everything that I think is unresolved or “might” be unresolved.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUGS:

There are some minor visual bugs throughout the game (it has little importance) and a bug in which in some level (Cragsclefs Depths) you fall into a hole that you should not be able to fall and you are locked without solution (once you know it, it doesn't matter too much).

I also have a “complaint” regarding the secrets: Supposedly there are only 10 secrets, but in reality there are many more, many secret buttons that open walls to rooms with good items (even weapons like "ancient claymore") and yet they don't count as secrets. I also think that when you press a secret button the secret should not be triggered by pressing the button but when you enter the room it opened.

Bug 3 buttons puzzle “Dragonspare Castle”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSd0XPVd0ZY

In the video you can see that the speed of hitting the buttons is perfect, in fact, the only time it worked I hit it slower than others.

My goal is that Grimrock mods do not fall into oblivion or get lost as time goes by, that's why I do all this, I would like the creator to give me permission to post it somewhere, it's not easy for some people to download it from Steam and the Nexusmods version has a big bug where you get stuck in “Timbermist Sepulchre”.

UNSOLVED MYSTERIES:

SACRIFICIAL HALLS:

In the center-west of the map there is a secret button that opens a wall and a small room with an empty alcove, is there anything to do here?

In the northwest area there is a stone face and in front of it a ghost shots or magic receiver, I haven't found any way to make that face shoot at that receiver.

TIMBERMIST SEPULCHRE:

1 lever and 2 buttons and a text: "Ouroboros, king of worms. Devours its tail, knowledge in his belly. Count how many turns he makes. North is up and down is south." No idea what to do with this.

FANE OF THE DEEP ONES:

To the southwest of everything there are two small rooms with items closed with a gate, I have no idea how to open them, I have found all the secret buttons of that level and nothing opens them.

Discovered: You have to step on the boxes on the floor in a specific order, you are warned by a little noise that you can hardly hear.

DRAGONSPEAR CASTLE:

To the south is a ladder where you climb up and pick up a note that says NOTHING. There is also a room in front of this ladder in which there is an empty alcove and apparently there is nothing to do there (I have searched everything thoroughly).

PIT OF THE FAITHLESS:

In the northeast area there is a lever and two buttons and a sign that reads: "I am a product of the south-west. Find me out and punch me in. Pull the lever when you're done."

Solved by testing combinations (I think I was lucky): Left button 1 time, right button 2 times, left button 2 times and press the lever, the wall opens and you get a poor reward. I don't understand the logic that relates those buttons and lever with the text.

GOLDEN TREASURES:

Are the four golden treasures of any use? Goromorg, Crown, Chalice, Deity.

LEVELS VISITED:

16/18 - Are there really 2 more unvisited levels? Maybe one of them managed to fall down a Pit of Faithless hole?

BURIED TREASURES:

I found 2, in the stats it says “2/3”, is there really a third one? Where is it?

Overall I liked the mod, except for the infamous “Dragonspear Castle” puzzle.

Greetings and thank you!