Level Seven Iron Gate

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
kaiman

Level Seven Iron Gate

Post by kaiman »

Holy crap this puzzle is impossible. I can't move fast enough to block all the bolts later on, is there some trick to this?
kaiman

Re: Level Seven Iron Gate

Post by kaiman »

It's the room where you have to stop the bolts from hitting the activation switches otherwise you get ported out btw
Stalkingwolf

Post by Stalkingwolf »

simple. like you playing tennis, always go back to the middle.
And the sequence is always the same.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster
killington

Post by killington »

People with slower computers have issues with speed based puzzles. Try lowering all settings and resolution and see if it works out. There's no trick to it.
kaiman

Post by kaiman »

Yeah i just turned down my settings and i got it first try
DaveI

Post by DaveI »

Now this is something my old Macbook is definitely not up to even with lowest graphics settings. Will have to wait for another party whenever I get a newer machine.
Ugm

Post by Ugm »

That puzzle was nice! I really enjoyed "solving" it ;) Devs have surely nice sense of humour :)
nychilly

Post by nychilly »

Make sure you're not encumbered either. I tried 4 or 5 times and then realized 1 of my party members was sporting a snail in the upper left of his portrait. After I evened out the loads, I got it first time no problem.
CV77

Post by CV77 »

That was honestly one of the most enjoyable puzzles in a game filled with very enjoyable puzzles :)
killington

Post by killington »

DaveI wrote:Now this is something my old Macbook is definitely not up to even with lowest graphics settings. Will have to wait for another party whenever I get a newer machine.
Not to sound inflammatory, but since when are Macbooks looked at as gaming rigs?