Change levels table and so on

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Hiker

Change levels table and so on

Post by Hiker »

I don’t see a Q&A here, so I’ll ask here: is it possible to change the table of experience levels, how many points to give out when you gain a level and the like? If not, is it possible to add a script that changes what is needed when each character gains a level?
AkiMatti

Re: Change levels table and so on

Post by AkiMatti »

I have to say I don't know but I would be interested to know the answer also.
Hiker

Post by Hiker »

AkiMatti wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:09 pm I have to say I don't know but I would be interested to know the answer also.
I looked at the Dungeon Master remake and I think that most likely this is impossible - it was left there as is, but it does not correspond to the requirements of the original game, they would definitely redo it.

But maybe it would be possible to attach a script to the character gaining a level?
minmay

Post by minmay »

The Party.onLevelUp hook is called whenever a champion levels up, and is a convenient way to give them more or fewer skill points or health or energy or whatever else you want.

Changing the amount of experience required for a level up isn't supported, but can be accomplished anyway with some hacks, involving changing math.pow and carefully detecting when the player loads a different dungeon. Consider whether you really need this.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Hiker

Post by Hiker »

minmay wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:07 am The Party.onLevelUp hook is called whenever a champion levels up, and is a convenient way to give them more or fewer skill points or health or energy or whatever else you want.
Thank you!

Where can I read about the use of hooks?
And one more thing: is it possible to change the image size of an item in the inventory(inside the cell) by changing something in its description or do you need to change the texture?