[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
marten_1992

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by marten_1992 »

hey, I finally reached the obanyon but cannot open it, nothing that resembles a thunderstorm, my last hope was a waterskin but did not work at all...
gem of the architect - got the dialogue from the smith only once but after reloading I cannot provoke it any more, the hint with going back and forth does not work, do I have to have all gems in my inventory ?
not sure about this one but that planetarium puzzle problem could be related to the order in which the spheres are moved, each time I finished with ne sphere it did work for me ...
the shooting range - is there any way to increase the chance for hitting the target ? is it possible at all ?
and I am still looking for that battlehammer to get second Tannhäuser key, even cleared kelem zem but that hammer was not the correct one
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

marten_1992 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:11 am hey, I finally reached the obanyon but cannot open it, nothing that resembles a thunderstorm, my last hope was a waterskin but did not work at all...
Can't remember the puzzle but I remember the solution has to be given in weight. Where each letter weighs its number in the alphabet. (A=1,...,Z=26)
marten_1992 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:11 am gem of the architect - got the dialogue from the smith only once but after reloading I cannot provoke it any more, the hint with going back and forth does not work, do I have to have all gems in my inventory ?
No, you only need one. Try to move sideways in front of the dwarf. That's what worked for me.
marten_1992 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:11 am the shooting range - is there any way to increase the chance for hitting the target ? is it possible at all ?
Keep trying :o
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

@ banaora, thx very much :D
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
ene

Post by ene »

Banaora wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:02 am If you did not make any mistake yourself this could happen because of the script used by Bongobeat to check the sequence. In the current version of the mod there could also be a problem with activating the mithril forge in the dwarven city because of the same reason.

My advice is to press the red button twice (to reset the puzzle for sure) and then try the correct sequence.
if the script hasn't changed since the version made in january, that shoud work in any case.. i've just cheked with an old save, clicked randomly the 3 buttons at first, then stricty followed the combination - forcefield disabled. So - it seems that it works flawlessly, at least for me (in contrast to madonite level where it's indeed a bit buggy)

btw what's jailed inside the forcefield is an agranite gem; it's for the lake rhun level and is not needed in xaffi temple

speaking of which.. :D

In lake rhun, a wooden door with something mentionning a dragon tooth, and also a samurai.. there's no alcove.. I'm wondering how to proceed here? dropping an item on the floor, showing it before the door ?
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

ene wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:45 am [In lake rhun, a wooden door with something mentionning a dragon tooth, and also a samurai.. there's no alcove.. I'm wondering how to proceed here? dropping an item on the floor, showing it before the door ?
There is an alcove but it's a new design. So don't drop stuff on the floor but try to find the alcove that is nearby.
ene

Post by ene »

Thanks a lot! I didn't notice it the first time i went there (haven't played the game since then), must be well hidden somehow.. have to check that :)

hm.. out of curiosity.. did you find all the secrets of the mod?
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

ene wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:45 am if the script hasn't changed since the version made in january, that shoud work in any case.. i've just cheked with an old save, clicked randomly the 3 buttons at first, then stricty followed the combination - forcefield disabled. So - it seems that it works flawlessly, at least for me (in contrast to madonite level where it's indeed a bit buggy)
I'm pretty sure Bongobeat uses the same script in both cases. Have a look at the "Ask a simple question, get a simple answer" thread in mod creation.

So when you first get to this riddle try and press the green button and then enter the sequence. It will not work.
ene wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:08 am hm.. out of curiosity.. did you find all the secrets of the mod?
No, I'm missing 2 and wonder where they are :lol:
2498billb

Post by 2498billb »

ene wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:33 am
2498billb wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:37 pm Hi ene Question 1 is the message on the wall related to 'The Black Peak' letters at end of message? I have tried putting them at the coloured buttons sequence but nothing happens?
Yes, that's the one.

I don't get it? There's something like: GGYR...... at the end of the message, I mean you cannot miss it.

Maybe the combination has been removed since some more recent versions (updates) ? I still playing withe version from january, with plenty bugs & crashes :mrgreen: since i didn't want to start a new game (just want to finish this damn thing once for all)

Since Bongobeat doesn't seem vacant these days, sould i put the answer? I don't see the point you're still getting stucked because of 1 riddle, i know how it feels..

hmm
SpoilerShow
Should be pretty clear (G=green, R=red..), if it doesn't work, then i'm afraid the combination has changed

Adn to avoid any misunderstanding, where the message is found (n-e as already stated)..
SpoilerShow
I cannot do more!
Hi ene I saw the message and used the letters on the 3 colored buttons but it failed to work, then someone advised to press the red button twice to reset the puzzle, this then worked OK
2498billb

Post by 2498billb »

1. In Lake Rhun found a message:
The First Letters Are The Hint
The First Letters Are Four
The First Letters Are Overwater
The First Letters Are For The Fallen Warrior
No idea what this puzzle is and also where to use it?
2. Found the Tomb of the Fallen Warrior, but the entrance has a forcefield, and the clue leaves me clueless? Hint please.
3. What item do I need at the wooden door to place in the redesigned alcove, a dragon tooth in a samurai's hand
Some of these hints/clues are so ambiguous!
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

ene wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:43 pm
I'd basically agree with what knr said, about the music, nice texture in some maps (but now i play in low settings), but.. we are overpowerd, it's true, with all the secrets and the insane stuff you put in (+100heath, +150 energy, +100 protection..). The fact that in most of case, you can get them too easily as the puzzles are really not complicated. Almost a gift.
New version is up:
Full change details is on the nexus.

I've slightly reduced bonus of most mid and ending item.
2498billb wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:44 pm 1. In Lake Rhun found a message:
The First Letters Are The Hint
The First Letters Are Four
The First Letters Are Overwater
The First Letters Are For The Fallen Warrior
No idea what this puzzle is and also where to use it?
2. Found the Tomb of the Fallen Warrior, but the entrance has a forcefield, and the clue leaves me clueless? Hint please.
3. What item do I need at the wooden door to place in the redesigned alcove, a dragon tooth in a samurai's hand
Some of these hints/clues are so ambiguous!
1. You have to use the first letter of each line of the wall text (not that one who said about first letters etc.., but the other walltext, then it will tell you when the door will be opened. You can also have some luck to come in that area on the right time.
2. Hmm? Means you have passed the "The First letters thing"
That forcefield is disabled with a gem that you put on the nearby socket. The gem is somewhere in the level.
3. An item related which is used in a samurai's hands, which is in
SpoilerShow
xaafi temple
4. Wait, there is no 4!
marten_1992 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:11 am hey, I finally reached the obanyon but cannot open it, nothing that resembles a thunderstorm, my last hope was a waterskin but did not work at all...
gem of the architect - got the dialogue from the smith only once but after reloading I cannot provoke it any more, the hint with going back and forth does not work, do I have to have all gems in my inventory ?
not sure about this one but that planetarium puzzle problem could be related to the order in which the spheres are moved, each time I finished with ne sphere it did work for me ...
the shooting range - is there any way to increase the chance for hitting the target ? is it possible at all ?
and I am still looking for that battlehammer to get second Tannhäuser key, even cleared kelem zem but that hammer was not the correct one
The answer is (in the sky, moving) a
SpoilerShow
cloud
Dialogue of the smith seems to be buggy, I don't understand why, It is now changed in the next version.
But try to walk on adjacent tile then come back, it should come again, unless.
But, if you have choosen the wrong answer, you have definetely lost that dialogue.
Did you save after or before the dialogue, so maybe that's why you cannot have it back, you choose the wrong answer. (There is the possibility that the forgemaster don't want to help you in that case)

If not, you can try in the console:
SpoilerShow
aegis1.script:showDemoDialogue()
And no, you don't have to have all or any gem in the inventory, the thing was triggered once you found one gem, even if you don't keep it in the inventory. (As for the new version of the mod, you will need to give it to the forgemaster.)

Shooting range: no, give it a little more try.

Battlehammer: it is in a chest in deadmarch west: you may have already found a treasure map about that, if not, well keep searching.

Here is what is shown on that treasure map:
SpoilerShow
ene wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:43 am Since all secrets were found :mrgreen: (but i won't survive it), anyway, a little error here i guess:

in the 1st level (SE), a fake wall, then a switch on a wall but it doesn't seem to make any change (i checked afterwards so i'm pretty sure).

Actually it adds some kind of forcefield at the top of the ladder, but i don't see what would be its purpose?
it is meant to block the way when you want to climb the ladder to get out. If you don't found the walkable wall.

2498billb wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:52 pm Hi Stuck in Xaafi Temple,
1. The green, red, yellow buttons, I see someone else had same problem - what flooded area is a clue?
2. There are gold locks what do not seem to click when trying any key, what do I need?
these are near/in the endless corridor.
3. What does the message mean about 'and when the light shines in the dark, Hope suddenly raises.'
Ignore question 2 I found master key.
1. There is a walltext on the other part of the temple (when you pass the warning), which gives a hint for that.
2. You need the xaafi master key.
3 That message means that you have to search in the nearby light to get that key.
poqwer11 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:51 pm bongobeat hello!!!
Might come in handy for another update!!
I was reminded here by my compatriots:
In the mine, the weight of the stones (with letters) does not correspond to the actual weight, it can be seen by the total load, if you place the stone in the inventory! The one that 10.0 actually weighs 9.9 and another (I do not remember which one) only 0.1 more! Not everyone will notice this when using the stones in the puzzle niches with different weights!!!
Hey, the new version is up, many changes, removed a level to remove a few objects (in fact the way is now as it was in previous version, when that level wans't there), also reduced stats on some items.

Well about that stone, that is normal, the game gives an appoximation of the weight, and don't show the real weight in certain cases. That stone was meant to be 9.9, you can only see that it "weights" 10 once you cleared the puzzle, but that's an appoximation. Don't know why the game did not put the real weight, with one or more decimal, but that's how it is.
I cannot put that stone to 10kg, or it would be easy to deactivate the forcefield, by just placing other items.
That way, with the rock with letter, you'll have the correct weight once you got the solution of the hint.

For the other stone, well, I don't see what do you mean, sorry.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505