[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
2498billb

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by 2498billb »

ene wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:43 pm
Banaora wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:08 pm Just to be sure you tried with the letter marked as a quest item, right?
That's what i was wondering actually. I found only 2 letters, but none is marked as quest items.. I was thinking something about that, theory confirmed (sorry bg, i swear at you the whole day :? :lol: you're the boss, i'll be forever just an apprentice). Thanks for the input, Banaora. Now i'm wondering where did i miss that infomous 'quest letter' ?? Is it in the sewers?

bwt Banaora, have you finished the mod? you seem to have the answers for everything (almost)

Banaora wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:08 pm
2498billb wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:27 pm Help needed again, I'm in the Styr Jungle and cannot find 'Air', I have got Fire, Water, & Earth
Any hint or spoiler welcome, also stuck at spear gate near north at some stairs going down, how do I open the gate?
You open the spear gate by coming from the stairs if I remember that correctly. Have you found the trap door in the very south-east corner of the map? Can't say for sure but I think the last essence you're missing is down there somewhere as well.
confirmed, the eesence of air is in the groove caves, there's a pit in the south-east part of styr jungle
Wow thx for that, I thought I covered all that area! :?
fairydude

Post by fairydude »

Kinda too scared to use the "rites of the moon" book, since I dunno what it does and if I need it for a later secret (as far as I can tell, it simply gives more HP for now?). Same with potentially attacking guards, since I don't wanna miss out on potential hints or different quests later.

E: Also broken levers have got to be the worst part of this mod so far, even in rocky canyon you need one. Keys glow a little in the dark, levers don't have that hint.
knr

Post by knr »

fairydude wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:09 pm Kinda too scared to use the "rites of the moon" book, since I dunno what it does and if I need it for a later secret (as far as I can tell, it simply gives more HP for now?).
The rites are a base game item that gives +5 vitality at night and -5 at day, and I think haven't changed here. No use for it so far in the first 2 chapters.
Banaora wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:27 am 3. I'm not sure what you mean here. I'm sure you know the academy is reached from the palace.
The archives mention that the academy has a secret only reachable from housing.

Some new questions:
1. The apparatus detects a secret north of the king in urutsuku camp, no clue how to access it.

2. In general, is it safe to give away/sell epic items if they are accepted? In particular,
SpoilerShow
the tome of wonder and the relicary just sell for some gold, and the collector accepts the xarasa shield, which was a disappointing waste of a power gem.
fairydude

Post by fairydude »

knr wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:23 pm The rites are a base game item that gives +5 vitality at night and -5 at day...
...I feel stupid now. I guess I simply used it back then (if I even found it) and just forgot about its existence. Since I never manually checked the wiki on what it does.

Also I wonder if I made the mod abit easier for myself by picking 3 alchemists and 1 mino-barb.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

fairydude wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:47 pm Also I wonder if I made the mod abit easier for myself by picking 3 alchemists and 1 mino-barb.
Depends on what difficulty you play. If on Hard, you will be in surprise )
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

knr wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:23 pm
Banaora wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:27 am 3. I'm not sure what you mean here. I'm sure you know the academy is reached from the palace.
The archives mention that the academy has a secret only reachable from housing.
Alright, this refers to the
SpoilerShow
gem of the moon secret.
knr wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:23 pm 1. The apparatus detects a secret north of the king in urutsuku camp, no clue how to access it.
There are only 2 secrets in this level and both are activated with
SpoilerShow
hidden buttons. Have you spoken to every "murloc" in the camp? Because one gives a hint for one of the secrets. And for the other [Edit: I think this is the one you mean] you need to check the wooden fence in this level.
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

thx for the hint on the pirate flag !
I am still not able to power on the dwarven forge, need a key and I think that key repair tool is probably connected to it but unfortunately I misplaced it somewhere :mrgreen:
one more... the Xarasa shield must probably be recharged somewhere in the Xarasa Grotto !?
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

fairydude wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:09 pm Kinda too scared to use the "rites of the moon" book, since I dunno what it does and if I need it for a later secret (as far as I can tell, it simply gives more HP for now?). Same with potentially attacking guards, since I don't wanna miss out on potential hints or different quests later.

E: Also broken levers have got to be the worst part of this mod so far, even in rocky canyon you need one. Keys glow a little in the dark, levers don't have that hint.
I thought the book give increased damage at night too, but I never searched what it does really. Anyway, you can use that item on one of your champion or just sell it.
knr wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:54 am Got back into this and finished chapter 2, a new batch of questions.

1. I think I got 7 secrets in the planetarium unless I miscounted and got that extra secret from somewhere else.

2. The archives note is unclear on this, does palace+skyreach together have 10 or 11 secrets?

3. Feel like I've cleaned out the city now, and didn't find a way to reach the academy from housing. Does this come later?

4. I can't see any way to use the gem of the moon in the appropriate npc's house.

5. No clue what the fallen puzzle in the jungle is about.
1. the "secret" behind the blag flag, is not a secret.
2. there is 2 secrets in the skyreach and 9 in the palace. But 1 secret of the skyreach began in the palace, just after you came in front of the stairs.
3. That's a secret you can't acces yet, and is related to the
SpoilerShow
gems of the moon
4. Banaora answered to that.
5. Same.

Tirsk wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:30 am There are 7 secrets in the planetarium. Although the scroll says about 6.
https://ibb.co/TBCSrBm

And please tell me the secrets in Malan Tael Plaza. Found 2, and don't know how to get to 1 (above the canal).
https://ibb.co/MkqrBBD
The "secret" behind the blag in the library is not counted as a secret.

The last secret in the plaza seems to be the one with saint rhenan set, that happens in the chappel of saint rhenan.
You need to put on the altar:
SpoilerShow
the gloves, the cuirass and the sword (rapier). Those are all epic items and name st rhenan something.
The real object secret, is undetectable for that last one. Or at least no detectable within the normal tiles.
knr wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:23 pm The archives mention that the academy has a secret only reachable from housing.

Some new questions:
1. The apparatus detects a secret north of the king in urutsuku camp, no clue how to access it.

2. In general, is it safe to give away/sell epic items if they are accepted? In particular,
SpoilerShow
the tome of wonder and the relicary just sell for some gold, and the collector accepts the xarasa shield, which was a disappointing waste of a power gem.
That's a secret you can't acces yet, and is related to the
SpoilerShow
gems of the moon
1. Try to force your way in.

2. Yes, if you want extra xp and some additionnal items, no if you intend to use those epic item later.
Also, some of the items can give you a power gem if needed.

Those tome are intended to be sold.
Well, depends if you use or not that shield, or any particular shield. If not, then its a waste of a power gem.
marten_1992 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:48 am thx for the hint on the pirate flag !
I am still not able to power on the dwarven forge, need a key and I think that key repair tool is probably connected to it but unfortunately I misplaced it somewhere :mrgreen:
one more... the Xarasa shield must probably be recharged somewhere in the Xarasa Grotto !?
The key is hidden somewhere near a crystal, in the forge, not far from the stairs.

That repair tool has nothing to do with the forge, and is only used with a broken key, given at the end of the "underground" quest chain, starting from the archery range in the plaza.

That shield has to be recharged with a power gem, on the table of the enchanter, in malan tael's skyreach.

About that secret in the blag flag, I think I will add it as a secret in the next version, which will be coming soon.

I will put a shining on the lever arm, that they can be seen more easyly.

Also that version fixed a bug spawn from monsters that use fireballs and poison bolt, this can make the save game very long, depending on how many spells those monster have casted.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

bongobeat wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:25 am
fairydude wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:09 pm Kinda too scared to use the "rites of the moon" book, since I dunno what it does and if I need it for a later secret (as far as I can tell, it simply gives more HP for now?). Same with potentially attacking guards, since I don't wanna miss out on potential hints or different quests later.

I thought the book give increased damage at night too, but I never searched what it does really. Anyway, you can use that item on one of your champion or just sell it.
knr wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:54 am Got back into this and finished chapter 2, a new batch of questions.

1. I think I got 7 secrets in the planetarium unless I miscounted and got that extra secret from somewhere else.

2. The archives note is unclear on this, does palace+skyreach together have 10 or 11 secrets?

3. Feel like I've cleaned out the city now, and didn't find a way to reach the academy from housing. Does this come later?

4. I can't see any way to use the gem of the moon in the appropriate npc's house.

5. No clue what the fallen puzzle in the jungle is about.
1. the "secret" behind the blag in the library is not counted as a secret. And unfortunately is activating another secret, a mistake from myself, just seen that while checking.
2. there is 2 secrets in the skyreach and 9 in the palace. But 1 secret of the skyreach began in the palace, just after you came in front of the stairs.
3. That's a secret you can't acces yet, and is related to the
SpoilerShow
gems of the moon
4. Banaora answered to that.
5. Same.

Tirsk wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:30 am There are 7 secrets in the planetarium. Although the scroll says about 6.
https://ibb.co/TBCSrBm

And please tell me the secrets in Malan Tael Plaza. Found 2, and don't know how to get to 1 (above the canal).
https://ibb.co/MkqrBBD
The "secret" behind the blag in the library is not counted as a secret. And unfortunately is activating another secret, a mistake from myself, just seen that while checking.

The last secret in the plaza seems to be the one with saint rhenan set, that happens in the chappel of saint rhenan.
You need to put on the altar:
SpoilerShow
the gloves, the cuirass and the sword (rapier). Those are all epic items and name st rhenan something.
The real object secret, is undetectable for that last one. Or at least no detectable within the normal tiles.
knr wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:23 pm The archives mention that the academy has a secret only reachable from housing.

Some new questions:

SpoilerShow
That's a secret you can't acces yet, and is related to the
SpoilerShow
gems of the moon
1. Try to force your way in.

2. Yes, if you want extra xp and some additionnal items, no if you intend to use those epic item later.
Also, some of the items can give you a power gem if needed.

Those tome are intended to be sold.
Well, depends if you use or not that shield, or any particular shield. If not, then its a waste of a power gem.
marten_1992 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:48 am thx for the hint on the pirate flag !
The key is hidden somewhere near a crystal, in the forge, not far from the stairs.

That repair tool has nothing to do with the forge, and is only used with a broken key, given at the end of the "underground" quest chain, starting from the archery range in the plaza.

That shield has to be recharged with a power gem, on the table of the enchanter, in malan tael's skyreach.

About that secret in the blag flag, I think I will add it as a secret in the next version, which will be coming soon.

I will put a shining on the lever arm, that they can be seen more easyly.

Also that version fixed a "bug" spawn from monsters that use fireballs and poison bolt (Thanks to Banaora. Those are unmodifed spell and from the asset pack), this can make the save game very long, depending on how many spells those monster have casted.

Edit about the xarasa shield: to knr , If I am not mistaken, the uncharged shield is not marked as epic, so you will miss an epic item if you don't recharge it.
But that isn't really important I suppose.
Last edited by bongobeat on Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

thx for that hint on the shield, will look for skyreach now before entering the desert ;)
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...