[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Whisper

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by Whisper »

Also there is a bug. Game show that there is 5 treasures total. But in fact at least 9 treasures were already found and there is more. It shows as 9/5 treasures now.
Tirsk

Post by Tirsk »

bongobeat wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:41 pm
1. Try to look in the level underground tombs.
2. Try what Banaora said, you're close.
3. You'll have to find a way, where it is not dry.
Thank you, I found everything. Damn, and in those places I examined already.
2498billb

Post by 2498billb »

Hi all
Stuck in the Tibianic Mines, sign says Floorlights need offerands (i think it means 'offerings' I believe
they will open the forcefield to an alcove, also cannot open door to 'Mithril Excavation Site' any help appreciated.
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

2498billb wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:43 pm Hi all
Stuck in the Tibianic Mines, sign says Floorlights need offerands (i think it means 'offerings' I believe
they will open the forcefield to an alcove, also cannot open door to 'Mithril Excavation Site' any help appreciated.
Floorlights:
SpoilerShow
If I remember that correctly you just need to put an item on every floorlight there is.
Fimir

Post by Fimir »

2498billb wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:43 pm cannot open door to 'Mithril Excavation Site' any help appreciated.
There is note near one of the closed doors "follow the way and you will pass". Look at the ground and you will figure it I think.
Last edited by Fimir on Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fimir

Post by Fimir »

A few of my unsolved mysteries:
1. Zo temple - still not finished with this one. I have got behind archpriests room, finished ritual and cleared all (i think) of the western part of map.
- I´m unable to figure out how to get behind golden bars door in the library.
- I´m unable to clear secret north from meteor shrine

2. Pirate hideout
Epic item collector
- i have all except for Crown of power. Anyone knows where it is? I went through my inventory/stashes and did not find it - currently clearing dwarven mines.
- is it safe to give all epic items i do not use to collector? Or is there possibility that some of epic items will be/are used for some quests/secrets (for example still did not cracked riddle in one of the shops regarding barbarian - but conans hose did not work)?

3. Pirate hideout stoneface secret - "It engulfs all...." Have no clue here. Fire? Darkness?

4. Pirate hideout - How to get in the room of Captain red/Munitions storage/and closed door near to automaton forge? Later in the game?
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

I can answer some of these questions:
Fimir wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:10 pm A few of my unsolved mysteries:
1. Zo temple - still not finished with this one. I have got behind archpriests room, finished ritual and cleared all (i think) of the western part of map.

2. Pirate hideout
Epic item collector
- i have all except for Crown of power. Anyone knows where it is? I went through my inventory/stashes and did not find it - currently clearing dwarven mines.
- is it safe to give all epic items i do not use to collector? Or is there possibility that some of epic items will be/are used for some quests/secrets (for example still did not cracked riddle in one of the shops regarding barbarian - but conans hose did not work)?

3. Pirate hideout stoneface secret - "It engulfs all...." Have no clue here. Fire? Darkness?

4. Pirate hideout - How to get in the room of Captain red/Munitions storage/and closed door near to automaton forge? Later in the game?
You get the crown of power either in the dwarven mines or shortly after (cannot remember)
For the barbarian secret
SpoilerShow
look through the shops on the floor - can't remember where exactly you will find the item but you will see the connection now, if you haven't sold it before.
Stoneface secret
SpoilerShow
the answer is a specific book. You will know which one once you see it.
Last question
SpoilerShow
There is a secret in captain red's room for the ammunition storage and you will get a hint in the hideout level how to enter captain red's room. I think it is something about pirate flags.
I've got a few questions myself:
How do you enter Obanyon?
SpoilerShow
I'm guessing the solution to the riddle is cloud, but I've tried so many items on the alcove and the door is still shut.
What is the riddle relic?
SpoilerShow
1. Item in the riddle scroll. I've got the 2nd and 3rd one.
And what to do with the Aldon Maric chest key?
SpoilerShow
It's not to save a lockpick on the chest close by or is it?
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Whisper wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:15 am
bongobeat wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:41 pm About the nyx warrior skill:
It is intended to be used for melee weapon STR only.
I wanted to be of use with any kind of weapon, but the thing wouldn't work, so originally, I put the same type of script in the skill "ninja warrior", to be used with all kind of DEX weapon. But that wouldn't work too.
Finally, I've removed that from the skill, and give DEX points instead, with a small cooldown bonus.
But, you can still have a bonus damage with DEX weapons, but with an item. Don't ask me where that item is, you'll find it or not.
Yes, that skill Ninja Warrior gives cooldown bonus for "Throwing weapons" (probably shurikens, since i cant find throwing axes yet).

Your mod is great. Best i've played. Thank you, friend!

1. You made it for 6 years? Also, how long did you make Toorum's Manor mod for LoG1?
2. Also are there unlimited respawns in some levels (which is only problem i had with Toorum's Manor)?
3. Is there secret list for Toorum's Manor? Secrets per level?
I think in a next version, I will give same bonus for dagger and also missile weapons.
1. well, yes, but with very long pause within. That mod was too much big to be done with one person. This should have be done with 2 or 3 peoples. So, that's why I got long pause, because I was kinda discouraged. And I was even more and more discouraged, because of lots of modifications to be done after various tests.

As for torum manor, I'm not sure, maybe between one and tow year. Cannot remember.

2. There is almost unlimited spawn in the level deadmarch east (there is a number of waves to be killed then no more spawning), and in gaugamela fields, don't remember is there is wave too here, or if it is unlimited.
In 2 other levels it is unlimited, if you're in the levels, and in a certain area. I won't mention the name of the level to avoid spoilers.
3. There is a secret list in the mod desciption file if I am not mistaken.
Whisper wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:26 am Also there is a bug. Game show that there is 5 treasures total. But in fact at least 9 treasures were already found and there is more. It shows as 9/5 treasures now.
This is not particulary a bug, I suppose the game counts the number of golden goblets in the game, as they were counted as a treasure in LOG1. But my intention wasn't to add treasures. I put the golden goblet to add a little money in reward after selling it.
So picking it up , selling it, is maybe the thing that broke this statistic.
Anyway, I didn't even notice this statistic in early time and I did not take the time to resolve this, if it can be done.

2. Pirate hideout
Epic item collector

1. Golden bars cannot be opened from zo temple level, you'll have to find another way. And this is related to:
SpoilerShow
"rites of the moon"
That secret require 2 items (one for each pedestal), that are in the temple area.
SpoilerShow
One is underwater and the other one is accessible after the ritual, but near the tomb of thousand faces.
2. Crown of power is later in the game, in the level next to the dwarf mines.

The sacifice alcove is intended to give epic items for xp and bonus. It is up to you if you want to sacrifice every epic items you found.
You can sacrifice every item you found in the 1st part of the mod, without fear, because you will find better later if not already. But everything found in the 2nd and 3rd part should be sacrified with caution, and only if you find something better.

But note that armors cannot be sacrificed. A few weapon too (normally, if there is no mistake from me), those are generally the best items in the mod, they maybe do not look like it when you found them, as other item can be more powerfull, but I assure you, once you find everything to upgrade them, you will drop the other crap :D

Also a few specific items cannot be sacrified (normally), they are used to counteract a certain debuf. But I'm not sure yet about the possible sacrifice or not.

3. As Banaora said, you need to find an item related to your guess.
SpoilerShow
And you have already found the answer, just find the item now.
4. There is a secret button within the room of captain red.
SpoilerShow
"a shiny button"
Also captain red's room is restricted until you have taken a quest in malan tael from a npc that asked you to kill someone in pirate bastion level. If you didn't have that quest, and if you do something wrong during the time you found the guy to kill, you will never go in captain red's room, and so on in the gunpowder room.
Banaora wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:49 pm I can answer some of these questions:

2. Pirate hideout
Epic item collector

You get the crown of power either in the dwarven mines or shortly after (cannot remember)
For the barbarian secret
SpoilerShow
look through the shops on the floor - can't remember where exactly you will find the item but you will see the connection now, if you haven't sold it before.
Stoneface secret
SpoilerShow
the answer is a specific book. You will know which one once you see it.
Last question
SpoilerShow
There is a secret in captain red's room for the ammunition storage and you will get a hint in the hideout level how to enter captain red's room. I think it is something about pirate flags.
I've got a few questions myself:
How do you enter Obanyon?
SpoilerShow
I'm guessing the solution to the riddle is cloud, but I've tried so many items on the alcove and the door is still shut.
What is the riddle relic?
SpoilerShow
1. Item in the riddle scroll. I've got the 2nd and 3rd one.
And what to do with the Aldon Maric chest key?
SpoilerShow
It's not to save a lockpick on the chest close by or is it?
You have to solve the riddle, and once you got the right word you'll have to "transform" that word into "weight", by adding each letters which will give the final weight to put in the alcove.
And the weight of a letter is equal to each alphabet letters like A = 1, B = 2, C = 3, etc, etc...

As for the word that you think, you 're good.

Hmm, for the riddle relic, I don't know what u mean, where is that exactly?
Edit: ok, sorry didn't see the spoiler.
There is 3 items to be found later (after the styr jungle), and according to the description of the text that the npc gave you.
SpoilerShow
One is a white branch
One is a golden globe
The last one is a golden book
All thre items are "epic"
Then you must be missing the item which is
SpoilerShow
in Xaafi temple.
Aldon maric key is used to open its chest, hidden somewhere in the mod, but if you haven't found the map related to it, look closer in his room.
This has nothing to do, with the chest around its room.
Anyway that chest is in
SpoilerShow
a "dangerous" level.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

Thanks for your answer Bongobeat, I had the globe all along
SpoilerShow
and I also had tried it, but (can you guess where?) on the bookstand...
I have solved this now 8-)
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

bongobeat wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:34 pm I think in a next version, I will give same bonus for dagger and also missile weapons.
1. well, yes, but with very long pause within. That mod was too much big to be done with one person. This should have be done with 2 or 3 peoples. So, that's why I got long pause, because I was kinda discouraged. And I was even more and more discouraged, because of lots of modifications to be done after various tests.
I asked about time to make Toorum's mansion and this mod just to compare how long it took for first mod compared to this one, second mod.

All people who play this mod realise how much time and effort and interest you did to make such big and such high quality and polished mod.

This mod has content like 5+ times more than original LOG2 game. And it is very high quality. You may work as game designer, you make good games.
Thank you for finishing it to end.

I may ask, why you do not make any changes to classes and races? Only to traits and skills?

This is like Legend of Grimrock 3 for me. Thank you again, best game experience i had in long time.

p.s. I make guide with all secret locations and items in future for this mod.