[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Whisper

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by Whisper »

Fimir wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:41 pm Alchemist cannot cast light spells.
What?!

Why alchemist cant cast light spells? What about dark spell, alchemist cant cast too?
What exactly prevents from casting?

2 bongobeat: can you explain please? There is restriction on classes that can cast spells?
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Whisper wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:03 pm
Fimir wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:41 pm Alchemist cannot cast light spells.
What?!

Why alchemist cant cast light spells? What about dark spell, alchemist cant cast too?
What exactly prevents from casting?

2 bongobeat: can you explain please? There is restriction on classes that can cast spells?
Of course, only wizard or battlemage can cast spells (these are classes who go different hands than other classes) of any magic school.
Alchemist, I think, only got a special feature for growing herbs when you put it in its inventory, or was it the ratling? Anyway, putting skillpoints in light magic, dark magic, fire magic or any other magic is useless if you're not a wizard or a battlemage.

The only thing you may gain by this, is having the few bonus of the skills, don't have them in memory now, but something like healthregen or energy regen bonus, etc...
In fact you can even spend 5 skill points in fire magic, air magic, etc..., you will get +50 magic ressistances, but that's a lot of skillpoints, which could be usefull in other skill tree.

I can only recommend, if you have not a savegame before using those points, to spawn as many wisdom tome as needed, in the console, to re allocate those "lost" skill points.
Personnaly I would not hesitate, and use the spawn("tome_wisdom"), to put things in order.
marten_1992 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:30 pm thx bongo !
it might simply be that the green gem is just not visible any more and still lies on the floor ...
about the changed stats, not 100% sure about that but to me it seems that a few items have changed slightly, but I might not have inspected them carefully enough before
Yes, I specified them in the change notes, on nexus. There is at least a long sword +3 or +5, not sure haha, a two handed sword. well, you better read the change notes.
Ok, I understood now, so it didn't fall of the platform, it is just hidden in the 3d model. At least I will use an offset to lower the model in the object definition.
These rock model are not supposed to be used to walk on them, those are the forest island from the asset pack, only there to put tree on them, I think. :lol:
Whisper wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:12 am
bongobeat wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:47 pm It was a modification that I never finished, and someone pointed that to me, so I finally modified it.
Are there items that should not be solved because they are needed for quests or to open secrets?
What items are safe to sell?
There are some items used for riddles, but normally, I always put one of them near/almost near the alcove for the riddle (Normally), or it is possible to buy it in the shop. I have only one item in mind that is not close.

I made a modification about that, that is now possible to buy in malan tael's general shop. Because the player can sold the item that is on the map, before using it in a riddle.

The items for quest are mentionned as "QUEST ITEM" in their description.

Otherwise, every items, like arrow, ammunition, potion, herbs, weapon and armor (non epic ), sack, wooden box, clothes (non epic), special gold coins, precious stones, tomes, can be sold. There is certainly more items to add to that list, but right now I can't think of one more.

There is a trick to reduce (a little) the savetime, by selling old notes, treasure maps, quest note, that are completed, simple notes like those put in the library of malan tael (which are for lore/decoration). But those are un-sellable items, the trick is to place them in a sack, and to sell the sack. This can remove the items from the game, but you will loose them forever. However this is good optimisation, to improve saving time. It will not be wonderful about the time gain, but it is better than to let those item in your inventory, or even on the ground. The more there is, the more the saving time is increasing.
poqwer11 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:47 pm Something is wrong with my initials in Tannhauser Stronghold Basement!
My English is bad, I'm probably missing something!
Friends help!! :)
Well, you have to find the initial of the tower's owner, it is a little more harder now, because that level has been displaced in the playable version and it has a name of its own. But the tower got only one owner, and his name was mentionned in the dialogues, or even you have to ask yourself, which fortress it belongs to.

Once you got the initial, you'll have to "trace" it on the magic bridges. By taking in account, the wall texts, darkness here, is not about a spell. It is just that the initial must remains in a certain state .. I don't say more.

Finally, the "trace" or path you have to make, is unique, and there is a few possibilities, but you should never walk on the same tile (magic bridges) again, or you are wrong.

The "trace" should represent the initial, it is easier if you represent it on a paper, or in a notepad, by drawing tiles.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
poqwer11

Post by poqwer11 »

bongobeat wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:04 pm The "trace" should represent the initial, it is easier if you represent it on a paper, or in a notepad, by drawing tiles.
Yes, thank you, I've already figured it out! I looked at the combination from the "other side"! ;) Fimir made me think differently! :D Thanks to him too!
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

bongobeat wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:04 pm
Of course, only wizard or battlemage can cast spells (these are classes who go different hands than other classes) of any magic school.
Alchemist, I think, only got a special feature for growing herbs when you put it in its inventory, or was it the ratling? Anyway, putting skillpoints in light magic, dark magic, fire magic or any other magic is useless if you're not a wizard or a battlemage.

What?
My alchemist can cast some spells for sure. Lighting bolt and firewall, etc. Fire and Air spells work, for sure. What do you mean by "putting skillpoints in light magic, dark magic, FIRE MAGIC or any other magic is useless if you're not a wizard or a battlemage"? There is no limit to use Fire/Air spells for alchemist. At least for starting spells.

So only Light magic and Dark magic not possible? Or you think that Alchemist cant cast spells because he cant cast spells with "hand"? Alchemist cast spells with Staff/Orb.

On scroll requirements for Lighting bolt, for example, there is Air 4, Alchemist with Air 4 can cast spell, just fine.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

2 bongobeat, I found bug or feature in this mod.

"Nix Warrior" skill do not add +20 (or +40 at level 5 of skill) to Dexterity light weapons. They add +crit chance though. Tested with all daggers (they use +Dex for damage).

"Nix Warrior" only add damage to Strenght weapons.

Is this intended? Or bug?
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Whisper wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:10 am
bongobeat wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:04 pm

What?
My alchemist can cast some spells for sure. Lighting bolt and firewall, etc. Fire and Air spells work, for sure. What do you mean by "putting skillpoints in light magic, dark magic, FIRE MAGIC or any other magic is useless if you're not a wizard or a battlemage"? There is no limit to use Fire/Air spells for alchemist. At least for starting spells.

So only Light magic and Dark magic not possible? Or you think that Alchemist cant cast spells because he cant cast spells with "hand"? Alchemist cast spells with Staff/Orb.

On scroll requirements for Lighting bolt, for example, there is Air 4, Alchemist with Air 4 can cast spell, just fine.
My alchemist cannot cast any spell. How can you cast a lightning bolt? That's not possible.

If you mean, by casting spell, a spell from an orb or staff, which don't require runes gestures, then yes he can cast that kind of spell.

But if you need rune gestures to cast a particular spell, then no, alchemist cannot do that, only wizards and battlemage can.
Every spell that are casted from a scroll, like fireburst, light, invisibility, etc, etc... an alchemist cannot use that. He doesn't have the runepanel hands.
Whisper wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:17 pm 2 bongobeat, I found bug or feature in this mod.

"Nix Warrior" skill do not add +20 (or +40 at level 5 of skill) to Dexterity light weapons. They add +crit chance though. Tested with all daggers (they use +Dex for damage).

"Nix Warrior" only add damage to Strenght weapons.

Is this intended? Or bug?
Normally it should add a bonus damage to every melee weapons. That script is old, and was not my doing.
I never noticed a bug here, and the bonus was applied correctly during my test. But maybe it doesn't give +20 directly.
I'm not sure anymore about that script, have to check it with dagger or bow. I don't have much time right now. Will check tomorrow or after tomorrow.
Thank you for the report.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

Try with orb of radiance for example. If you just rightclick (instead of rightclick and hold for the special) you get the runes to cast spells and you can put spellscrolls in the other hand to learn them.
Tirsk

Post by Tirsk »

I want to thank you for the great mod.

I have a small request about the riddles related to sounds \ music. I have a friend, he is also delighted with mod, but he is deaf and such riddles are impassable for him. Maybe for such riddles to make separate spoilers or more hints in the game?

There are also a few questions about secrets:
1. Where is the scroll Archives part II, can't find it? I already have I, III, IV.
2. How to get to the secret with the bag in the Castle Hardabar 2nd stair https://ibb.co/2gpDSqC
3. How to get to this place in the Redwood Mine Level 2 https://ibb.co/4286fqS.

I got to Malan Tael, if access to these secrets will be further along the plot, then everything is OK.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

bongobeat wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:06 pm But if you need rune gestures to cast a particular spell, then no, alchemist cannot do that, only wizards and battlemage can.
Every spell that are casted from a scroll, like fireburst, light, invisibility, etc, etc... an alchemist cannot use that. He doesn't have the runepanel hands.
Wizard and Battlemage can cast with "bare hands", just hands.

All other classes can cast with any staff or orb. You put staff (Orb of radiance, for example) and you get rune-panel. This way you can cast spells with Barbarians also. They just to have staff or orb in hands.

More info.
https://grimrock.fandom.com/wiki/Magic

"Legend of Grimrock 2
The magic system is very different between games. Notably, any class is now capable of casting spells; only a Battle Mage or Wizard can cast with their bare hands, but other classes may use magic if they are equipped with a Staff".
bongobeat wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:06 pm Normally it should add a bonus damage to every melee weapons. That script is old, and was not my doing.
I never noticed a bug here, and the bonus was applied correctly during my test. But maybe it doesn't give +20 directly.
I'm not sure anymore about that script, have to check it with dagger or bow. I don't have much time right now. Will check tomorrow or after tomorrow.
Thank you for the report.
With bow it should not work. It works with melee weapons, bow is missile weapon.
poqwer11

Post by poqwer11 »

Tirsk wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:33 pm 2. How to get to the secret with the bag in the Castle Hardabar 2nd stair https://ibb.co/2gpDSqC
Press the button and look around
SpoilerShow
but just quickly
Tirsk wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:33 pm 3. How to get to this place in the Redwood Mine Level 2 https://ibb.co/4286fqS.
try to test the heads for strength)))