[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Fimir

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by Fimir »

Hello bongobeat, really impressive mod!

I´m currently stuck in mines, if anyone can help:
SpoilerShow
i am not able to open any doors of the 4 doors i have acces to.
- i have permission from sky city
- met the dwarf in the mines but i am not able to open any of the 4 doors i have acces to (from different mine entrances).
- i have not found his toolbox to repair closed pipes
Some skycity riddles also eludes me:
SpoilerShow
- three alcoves in skycity enrance - Small point of view and so - magnifiing glass, clock and?
- skycity small statues in alcoves - where to get the last one?
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

In the mines there is one door where you have to push the handle (click on the right spot) and it will open.

You did not write which statues you already have so I'm guessing: Have you been to the skycity prison?

For the alcoves riddle: Your first two guesses are correct. For the third, read the hint again and look through your inventory.
SpoilerShow
You find the item in water.
@Bongobeat: There is a small bug with the secrets on Castle Hardabar West Gate at position 20,25. It seems there are two overlapping secrets at this spot though there should only be one secret there.
poqwer11

Post by poqwer11 »

Fimir wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:50 pm I´m currently stuck in mines, if anyone can help:
SpoilerShow
Hello! You need an entrance with a head, and there, as they say in a note - play music!
poqwer11

Post by poqwer11 »

bongobeat! In the riddle "What has a head and a tail but no body?" the sound signal is amplified each time if the desired item is placed one at a time! What should this tell me???
Fimir

Post by Fimir »

Thanks Banaora,
Handle on the door? Eh...been looking for the hidden switch all around the mines:).

Have not been to prison yet, will pay it a visit.

Still no luck with three alcoves, will get back to it later
SpoilerShow
Does not work: turtle steak/turtle egg nor wather breathing potion
Fimir

Post by Fimir »

poqwer11 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:19 pm bongobeat! In the riddle "What has a head and a tail but no body?" the sound signal is amplified each time if the desired item is placed one at a time! What should this tell me???
All riddless that have sound when you place right item are repeating the sound if you take it and place again...
poqwer11

Post by poqwer11 »

Fimir wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:10 pm All riddless that have sound when you place right item are repeating the sound if you take it and place again...
You misunderstood me! If you put the desired item a second time, and then a third, and so on, while not removing the previous ones, then the sound signal becomes louder and louder and louder each time!
And whoever figured out why you need to start (charge) the clock ??? :roll:
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

alois wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:23 am
bongobeat wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:51 pm A very special item weights 3.14159265359, hopefully you didn't use this one :lol:
Is this item... a pie? :)

alois :)
Well, no, it was meant to be something about the number pi, you will discover that item later, or not.
Fimir wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:50 pm Hello bongobeat, really impressive mod!

I´m currently stuck in mines, if anyone can help:
SpoilerShow
i am not able to open any doors of the 4 doors i have acces to.
- i have permission from sky city
- met the dwarf in the mines but i am not able to open any of the 4 doors i have acces to (from different mine entrances).
- i have not found his toolbox to repair closed pipes
Well, that's kinda hard to explain, but you'll first need to explore the southern part of the mine, where you meet the trickster-foreman. You will find everything needed in that area.

About the statues, as Banaora said, have you been to the prison?
SpoilerShow
The 3 other statues, if I make no mistake, are in the first levels (skycity entrance and skycity)
About that riddle with the statues and to what it leads:
SpoilerShow
do not enter there unprepared, because there is no turn back.
For the three riddles: You have guessed correctly for the first and the second riddle, and for the third the answer of that is that it can be found in water.
Banaora wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:38 pm
@Bongobeat: There is a small bug with the secrets on Castle Hardabar West Gate at position 20,25. It seems there are two overlapping secrets at this spot though there should only be one secret there.
Ok, thanks for your report, poqwer11 sent me a pm about that too, but I did not understand it first.

It is fixed now, while I've removed every item of the level, and added the original secret (object) too, that's why it sounds twice and print the text twice. A second secret is spawned over the first one.
I'm afraid it may now increase the total number of secret by +1. But maybe the game didn't add it, as that "double" secret has one spawned after the loading of the dungeon.
poqwer11 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:19 pm bongobeat! In the riddle "What has a head and a tail but no body?" the sound signal is amplified each time if the desired item is placed one at a time! What should this tell me???
Well, I got to look at that, thanks!

Don't go brainstorming now about the timepiece.
Actually this only advance time, by 25 min I think, I'm not sure of that value, but it is not important. The action of the timepiece is important for an event, but it is very far in the mod.

Edit:
I've looked for that amplifying sound, and it does it if you put more and more of the corresponding item. Note that, once the good items are put twice, any other item activate the sound too.
That's not really an error, it acts as expected with the script. The script plays the same sound for each item in the alcove.
Last edited by bongobeat on Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
poqwer11

Post by poqwer11 »

Hello grimrock lovers!!!
1. I seem to be missing something in "Redwood Forest" and can't get to the chest on the high ground, which is visible from the teleportation point! Can anyone figure it out???
2. I also lost one secret in "Castle Hardabar East Gate", maybe the secret is related to the fire, but I could not do anything with it, except burn my heels!
3. Only I do not have access to the southern part of the starting location "Castle Hardabar" (a potion is visible through the grate of the second tier) ???

I would appreciate any hint!!!

Dear bongobeat. I got to Greyfish Swamp, I still can't access the kingdom of thieves in Underground Tombs, or am I missing something!???

Thank you all in advance!
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

poqwer11 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:35 am Hello grimrock lovers!!!
1. I seem to be missing something in "Redwood Forest" and can't get to the chest on the high ground, which is visible from the teleportation point! Can anyone figure it out???
2. I also lost one secret in "Castle Hardabar East Gate", maybe the secret is related to the fire, but I could not do anything with it, except burn my heels!
3. Only I do not have access to the southern part of the starting location "Castle Hardabar" (a potion is visible through the grate of the second tier) ???

I would appreciate any hint!!!

Dear bongobeat. I got to Greyfish Swamp, I still can't access the kingdom of thieves in Underground Tombs, or am I missing something!???

Thank you all in advance!
1) The high ground's chest is reached by the high ground way. Did you miss the wall text?
2) By fire do you mean the smal campment that gives a look of the castle and around? If yes, this is not likely related to a secret, but from there
SpoilerShow
you can see the location of a secret, located by a structure that looks close.
3) Is it the closed gate in the library? This is simply opened by coming back from one stairs of the Castle 1st Stairs level.

Kingdom of the Thieves: You should have find everything related to that when leaving the castle by the eastern gate. The event is occuring in the level East Gate. Try to explore more of that level.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505