[MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Dartaen

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by Dartaen »

Zo Kath Ra wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:40 pm
Dartaen wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:35 pm I just cannot find the right combination for some reason. According to my notes, the required potions should be
SpoilerShow
Healing, Poignant, Antivenom, Antidote and Resurrection, right? But which on goes where?
I thought I tried all combinations by now.
Hint:
SpoilerShow
You have to put the notes (= recipes) on the beds (= altars), not the potions.
I couldn't figure this out by myself, either.
I suggested giving the player a better hint, but the others on the ORRR3 team thought it wasn't necessary.
Solution:
SpoilerShow
Symptoms:
Pain, No Bleeding
Results:
Potion had no effect
= cure_disease

Symptoms:
Bleeding
Results:
Potion cured bleeding
= healing

Symptoms:
Already Dead
Results:
= resurrection

Symptoms:
Fever, Nausea
Results:
Potion had no effect
= cure_poison

He used the wrong potions on the poisoned and diseased patients.
OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. I would have never figured out to
SpoilerShow
use the recipes instead of the potions

Thank you.
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Dartaen wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:23 pm OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. I would have never figured out to
SpoilerShow

Thank you.
Do you have an idea for a hint we could use in this puzzle?
Dartaen

Post by Dartaen »

Zo Kath Ra wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:31 pm
Dartaen wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:23 pm OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. I would have never figured out to
SpoilerShow

Thank you.
Well,
SpoilerShow
parchments are usually not used as quest items in Grimrock mods. Most player will likely think the parchments are just there to tell you how to mix the potions.

I'd recommend replacing the parchments with differently coloured empty potion bottles. Then include something like "contains traces of blood drop cap and mudworth" or "looks like two blackmoss were used as ingredients" in the item description. Unique flasks are much easier to spot as a quest item.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

SpoilerShow

Thank you.
Another? The lab tech note that sets up the task clearly mentions the recipes are wanted, not the potions.
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:33 pm And now some fun with Xszark. Those 150 rounds of Arena fights should pay off, right?
So beautiful :D
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:37 pm
SpoilerShow

Thank you.
Another? The lab tech note that sets up the task clearly mentions the recipes are wanted, not the potions.
I made the same mistake every time I played the mod :P
Allowing matching potions in addition to recipes in a future version sounds like a good idea!
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

AndakRainor wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:14 pm I made the same mistake every time I played the mod :P
Allowing matching potions in addition to recipes in a future version sounds like a good idea!
So I'm not "the only one who is confused about that"...
There are at least two others; looks like a pattern is starting to emerge :)
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Wasn't confused what to do there, I simply didn't bother solving it as I found the puzzle lackluster to begin with and I had already enough ores to proceed to the woods. Cryptic description where ultimately it leaves you to bruteforcing a bit as well in case you're a little dense and impatient like me when it comes to descriptions.

Complainy pants on:
It certainly doesn't help that you have to place the recipes on the altar glitching through the corpses. It looks like shit. And probably adds to teh confusion. It could use some improvement on the technical and aesthetic front. This is just amateur hour. Place 4 recipes on 4 altars to open a door and call it a day. No offence, but that's just a room that was built under an hour. And I wouldn't even call it a puzzle.

Also, don't leave notes on the ground anywhere. This applies for the entire mod. They glitch halfway through the ground and are too easily missed. Put them on clear surfaces, tables, alcoves or in a bag. Even komag missed one of the early notes this way.

constructive suggestion:
Placing the potion + recipe with the help of some worldposition coordinates and destroy item command + .model:enable() + some feedback effects for placing anything correctly on a shelf/alcove/custom surface would make it look more appealing/obvious.

Or change the puzzle into a custom alchemy table where you place ingredients on and actually craft potions without the need for leveling up your alchemy skill on would have looked 10x better. That in combination with a quicktime event where you have to craft potions and feed them to cursed/live patients before they die would probably the approach how I would have made this room. Could even have made it funny with silly diseases and custom object potions where a patient bursts into flames by spontaneous combustion and needs a bottle of water, or a spontaneous laughter disease where the patient starts laughing uncontrollably just as a few examples "Theme Hospital" style. Since they are all afflicted by zarthax's curse going insane, but with different effects. It would even fit the story.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

QuickTime event huh? Image

Misnomer aside, I thought those were almost universally despised, or is that just me?
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Isaac wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:25 pm QuickTime event huh? Image

Misnomer aside, I thought those were almost universally despised, or is that just me?
Press Q to Pay Respects to Qinea