Komag's One Room Round Robin 3 Blind Playthrough

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Komag

Re: Komag's One Room Round Robin 3 Blind Playthrough

Post by Komag »

Often I've already recorded the next segment before some forum posts show up, so it can take a couple segments before I acknowledge things (such as the cheese).

I'll have to look again at the fireworks book!

Good to know about Lonely Light.

I was going to play at 4k but the FRAPS recording filesize was ridiculous, around 7GB/minute, plus there was some stuttering in the recording. 1440p was better but there were still issues, so I settled on 1080p, and it's working well, and everything looks fine with font sizes.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

7 GB per minute? Wow!

Stop using Fraps. It sucks on all fronts compared to GPU-specific recording software.
Both NVidia (shadowplay) and AMD (reLive) are just superior in every way. Especially when it comes down to size/quality/performance loss.

The best thing, it's already installed on your computer and it's super easy to use.

Fraps is cpu-heavy causing stutters. The average size of your output file is like 10x in filesize compared to the gpu based recorders for practically the same graphical settings.

Fraps has become obsolete several years ago.

Even during intense moments with Relive, you're looking at roughly 0,2 GB / minute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kw3mHM7o0Y

And this was played/recorded on a 8 year old computer.
Komag

Post by Komag »

Hmm, I was wondering if there are better solutions, since FRAPS hasn't been updated in a few years. But it's been working for me thus far so I was just going with it. Thanks for the tip. I have a Radeon card so I'll look into Relive, but I think I need to download something since it doesn't seem to be anywhere in my Radeon Settings currently.

Part 9:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HetVSh6IH24
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Unless you haven't updated your drivers in the past 2 years and have at least a AMD GPU from the year 2012+ it should be there.
(starting with 7000 series - Rx 200 series)

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-023

Follow this guide to enable reLive. I forgot to mention that you have to enable the feature manually.

Rx 400 series and newer even allow h.265 encoding for even better quality/smaller filesize.
Older cards like mine are stuck with h.264 encoding.
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Pompidom wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:09 pm Just out of curiosity, can you use that code you have implemented to increase the character panels? + inventory/stats panel?
I'm afraid not, because it uses GrimTK.
https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/23/
minmay

Post by minmay »

oof, that's another thing we all forgot about: we didn't put the alchemy recipes anywhere in the mod, but of course players that aren't familiar with Isle of Nex aren't going to know the alchemy recipes...

edit 1: The light spell is placed fairly late in the game, you should just use Wind Rider for lighting purposes instead.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Komag

Post by Komag »

I guess I'll have to look up the alchemy formulas, and thanks for the lighting tip. (But is it a sound game design decision to withhold light spell for so long?)

Part 10:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps1ktOewYLo
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

Yeah you'll find the light spell in Thom's room in the asylum. I guess this was meant to make things "hard", but I also disagree with this, we should move it earlier in an update of the mod. Also I just realized a spell scroll disappeared from the mod: copycat.
If you wish you could type this in the console : spawn("scroll_copycat"). But it won't be that useful since you play only one caster and 3 melees !
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

AndakRainor wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:10 am Also I just realized a spell scroll disappeared from the mod: copycat.
It didn't. I found it and use it rather frequent.
THOM

Post by THOM »

AndakRainor wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:10 am Yeah you'll find the light spell in Thom's room in the asylum. I guess this was meant to make things "hard"
Not hard, but challenging. Playing by myself once again now I think too that it comes too late. And nobody realizes that during the testing period.
THOM formaly known as tschrage