Please provide a demo in the future.

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Halk

Re: Please provide a demo in the future.

Post by Halk »

FULLMETALJ wrote:You are trash.
Fucking trash.
Well, there goes the tone of the forums.
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

But.... they bought the game...
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
FULLMETALJ

Post by FULLMETALJ »

Crashbanito wrote:But.... they bought the game...
They bought that one.

What about the rest?
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

The rest of what?
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
FULLMETALJ

Post by FULLMETALJ »

The rest of the games they pirated.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Arctor wrote:So one merely needs to rationalize one's self interest to justify piracy?
It's a pretty sickening rational; scary to realize that it's not considered wrong (or even embarrassing) by so many. :(
Halk

Post by Halk »

Isaac wrote:
Arctor wrote:So one merely needs to rationalize one's self interest to justify piracy?
It's a pretty sickening rational; scary to realize that it's not considered wrong (or even embarrassing) by so many. :(
The other side of that coin is this... What if I buy a game and it's buggy and incomplete. It doesn't do what the developer says it does and it's an utter waste of money. Reviews aren't the answer either. Developers bribe and blackmail reviewers to write a good review. You can't trust a lot of reviews. So two choices are getting screwed by a corrupt, lying industry which has been screwing over consumers for a long time... or piracy. Neither of those options are ideal. Personally I don't pirate, nor do I feel it's morally right. However there's a whole lot worse goes wrong in the world than someone trying a game out with piracy and buying it when he finds it's good, and not buying it when he finds it's trash.

A mitigating factor here is that it's an independent publisher, and as things stand they're not a shoddy bunch of conmen like EA are. That said I've bought a game which was horribly bad, and demanded a refund and received one, but I don't think everybody is as successful.

FullmetalJ though, your full on attack was inappropriate and lowers the tone of the forums. I think you're completely out of order.
Thorgrey

Post by Thorgrey »

Woah dude, read my entire post. Stabilize your jimmies.
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

These guys wanted to see if this game was a dud. They liked it and bought it. Money went into the developers. Happy days for all.

Many people pirate games and love them. They don't pay for the game and continue to pirate in this fashion. They're the problem not these two.
Last edited by Crashbanito on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
FULLMETALJ

Post by FULLMETALJ »

I think the Jimquisition words what I think better than I can:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... omes-Theft

As for my attack, Halk, I did step out of line, but I think that stepping out of line was necessary. It triggers the necessary focus. I'm not apologizing, but yes, it was out of order.