1.1.4 Patch Progress

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Ihmemies

Re: 1.1.4 Patch Progress

Post by Ihmemies »

Yes, I found about the feature at level 9. Maybe the tutorial should have mentioned about it (or a tip in automapper or something) >_>

About antialiasing, since traditional methods can't seemingly be implemented, what about FXAA or similar, which does "antialiasing" in post processing? Some games like World of Tanks have it and it works fine on Nvidia&AMD cards.
mondo84

Post by mondo84 »

petri wrote:
mondo84 wrote:I think an interesting feature would be the ability to add text notes to the in game map. You click a spot on the grid, you type in a note, then later when you look at the map you'll see a symbol in each place you typed a note. It would be helpful to remember items you dropped, switches whose function you haven't figured out yet, etc.
Have you tried clicking on the map? ;)
Mind = blown!

Nevermind! Haha awesome.
mrmike49

Post by mrmike49 »

How about a Quick Save/ Quick Load function with F5/F9 - and NO confirmation for using either function key, please
Kairuku

Post by Kairuku »

There's a very small bug I've found:

Turning to the left or right (i.e. with the q or e keys) right after going down stairs will cause you to do up the stairs sideways. The same happens in reverse.
quester99

Post by quester99 »

raf68 wrote:I am expecting that sales were good,
Pétri matter in the future you will continue to make games in the same style dungeon ???
Yes!! Of course polish up the product to fix bugs, but keep the core gameplay the same. I hope there is not the temptation to feature-bloat in future iterations.

This is the style us old Dungeon Master fiends wanted so bad. You have nailed it. I hope the core stays the same in the future, but with changing scenarios.
quester99

Post by quester99 »

Dandy wrote:
petri wrote:Hi there!

Work in progress:
- What next? Let's see..
Legend of Grimrock 2 (Son of Grimrock)
Yea do it!

btw, I keep calling this game Grimlock instead of Grimrock :lol: haha.

80s freaks will know what I am talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R1m9fjdwjI
agris

Post by agris »

petri-

Assuming you have the art assets at a higher fidelity than found in the game- would you consider adding an ultra-high resolution pack (via bittorrent so it isn't a bandwidth cost) for LoG? I completely understanding working out bugs, taking a well-deserved break etc, so think of this as a longer-term question. Aside from the time required to export the graphics from photoshop (gimp?), it wouldn't cost you guys anything and would be nice for those of us playing at a high resolution.

Thoughts?

by the way, Grimrock ROCKS! Never played the old DM / EotB series but I'm loving the focus on puzzles and all around loot-whoring.
quester99

Post by quester99 »

Skagi wrote:Could you add an option to turn Motion Blur off ? Some of us (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=594) believe it may cause headaches to certain players (like myself) and unable us to play the game :(
Wow, yea man, if this is causing discomfort to players, it would be very good to just add the option to turn it off. Like on the Nintendo 3DS you can turn off the 3D effect if it is causing illness. These modern special effects are not for everyone that is very clear. Personally I love them and am glad they are there but if it was giving me headaches I would expect an option to turn it off. Sounds reasonable.
quester99

Post by quester99 »

Ice wrote:Is the Esc closing inventory going to be a bindable key? I think this would be the best choice.

I'd still like a key to quickly pause the game for me, and I think having the key bindable would be the best idea.
Yes, I would like a key to close the character inventory, but also I like having 'esc' quickly pause the game.

I think we need some keys for both things. Maybe 'esc' and 'tilde' can be used in some way.
quester99

Post by quester99 »

Nwardezir wrote:Another request for more replayability : randomize items.
Suggestion pulled from this topic : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=831
Ugh! PLEASE DON'T. This is not Baldur's Gate or Diablo. This is a Dungeon Master derivative. Plain and simple.

Solving puzzles and finding the great secret item is so rewarding. Random items are not relevant to this paradigm.

There will be a map editor for adding replayability. Hopefully graphics mods too someday.

But this distinct type of gameplay is what Dungeon Master fans like me have been missing for so long.

Yes it is old school BUT THAT IS THE POINT hahaha. Hopefully the sales reflect people's desire for this type of gameplay. Please don't change it.
Last edited by quester99 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.