To those who have completed the game. [Major spoilers]

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
2Xmatch

Re: To those who have completed the game. [Major spoilers]

Post by 2Xmatch »

pruchel wrote:Sorry playing oldschool, but thanks for the offer ;)
But
SpoilerShow
it's inside the caverns area? I can't believe I've missed it. Been around the whole area like 10 times now checking each and every wall.
Damn just give a picture of the paper haha, all the walls look the same in this game =)
pruchel

Post by pruchel »

Treasure are just golden objects laying around here and there. No real use apart from the achievement I think, but hey they look good :P
I have 68/71 secrets now, guessing it'll be 69/71 when I eventually find the remains. I'm missing one treasure so that makes it 70/71 assuming that's a secret. That leaves one unknown secret I haven't found and have no clue how to find. :evil:
Devil

Post by Devil »

Map attached with 2 notes for Toorum
SpoilerShow
68/71 secrets found.... 7/7 treasures tho or 11/7 if we are counting gems too, they gotta be worth alot :p
pruchel

Post by pruchel »

Devil wrote:Map attached with 2 notes for Toorum
SpoilerShow
68/71 secrets found.... 7/7 treasures tho or 11/7 if we are counting gems too, they gotta be worth alot :p
THANKS! You're my favourite person in the world right now! If you tell me where the last treasure is I might just marry you!
SpoilerShow
I have the Crown, Chalice, Deity, Apparatus, Dragon and Globe
69! http://steamcommunity.com/id/araziel/sc ... 6743750502

I kept the gems too, gotta feed the family when I get out of this damn mountain!

Oh, I just remembered. I think I read somewhere that someone found 6 skulls. I only have 5. The last secret might be one with a skull. Humdidum. You don't happen to have 6 of those too :roll:
Devil

Post by Devil »

Prochel - I also only have 5 skulls, not that I took a cow man with me on my first play thru.

Regarding treasure:
SpoilerShow
Its found past the point of no return
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

Anyone think they kind of set up part of the backstory of Mount Grimrock, but didn't quite complete it? I get that it's supposed to be a prison for the murder cube, but is it the Cthulhu guys who are running it? And what was the cube saying about how he helped design it?
Mutman

Post by Mutman »

I was totally surprised when...
SpoilerShow
I discovered that main boss is huge fast cube which is trying to kill me :). It perfectly fits into this square theme :). I wonder how the story will continue and what will happen next, when I spotted that wheel with red middle in ending video. And WTF were those Cthulhu wizards? :D I loved them and hated them at the same time :). Another question is who was it? I'd love to see them more :).
Runebooks: http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/13/? for Legend of Grimrock 2
Runebooks and books: http://grimrock.nexusmods.com/mods/217/ for Legend of Grimrock 1
EvoluZion3

Post by EvoluZion3 »

To those of you who have completed the game - what levels did you get your party to? The reason I ask is because of skills - I tend to average out my points across the different categories instead of pushing for one or two particular ones.
sevtai

Post by sevtai »

I did the same, balanced points distribution instead of grinding one skills, namely, a protection skill, and a weapon skills, my main toon with the exp amulet got to 14, other 3 got to 13.
Yummy, more baked maggots ... bah, give them to the mage ...
Yadda

Post by Yadda »

My first thought? "What is this? Does it kill me in 1 hit?"
SpoilerShow
Yes. Yes it does.