"Fighter's Challenge"

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
solarphases

Re: "Fighter's Challenge"

Post by solarphases »

Nerothos wrote:
Nerothos wrote:
solarphases wrote:I don't know if you NEED the sword of NEX, but if you do, then you also need something else, because i finished the first 9 levels (right before 10) and I have;

-the Sword of Nex,
-the Dismatler,
-the fire sword,
-4 treasures (crown,dragon,chalice, and deity figure,
-3 gems (two blue+one green (kept them all after I used them))
-passed the checkered room,
-passed the pillared hallway,
-pressed 2 buttons on 2 maps I have found that have the same logo as the fighter's challenge (one for the slime dungeon, and one for the Dismantler)

and the door is STILL closed at the bottom of the stairs...

*edit* just pressed the runic symbol near the maze of shadows, and another on level 6, for a total of 5, but it's still not open.

*edit* arghhh... I feel so stupid... I can confirm it's the sword a Nex, It just needs to be eqquipped. I already had better so I never bothered...
I'm in the same situation, except I'm not sure about the buttons. Tried entering the floor with sword of nex equipped, in my bag, dropped on the floor and nothig changes. The door is as closed as ever. Could you provide detailed instruction on how to find these buttons?
When I posted this three of my guys (2 warriors and a rogue) were level 11 and my mage was lvl 12, so it can't be about the level either. I'm starting to think my game really is glitched since it seems I've done the exact same thing as everyone else, yet the door doesn't open. I actually already gave up on this and continued on, just cleared lvl 10!
Yeah, I think those buttons just indicate it's an important secret.... I think...
I don't think they are interrelated, I just wrote them down to demonstrate that I tried everything. (except having the sword of Nex equipped apparently.)
eharper256 wrote:As far as I'm aware, its just that you can't enter the challenge until you've gone into the normal entrance of Level 7. Nothing else is required; its just you can't do it immediately.
Yeah, I cleared all the way to to level 10, but it remained closed, then I tried it with the Sword of Nex EQUIPPED, and it opened right in front of me. It was the only changed variable.
Draken

Post by Draken »

I dont know if either the Sword of Nex, the flame sword or having been on lvl 7 previously (by other means) are the triggers, but all those three things were done on my game even before i found the Fighter's Challenge... The door was shut when i got there.
SpoilerShow
But there was this other door (i cant remember where, in what level or what door) where the door is shut no matter what, and the only way to open it is just sit tight and wait. So i decided to do the same... I just stood there idly looking at the door... about 2~5 seconds later, shazzam! open... so i guess that's just my recommendation for this... Just stand there idly for a second or two, see if the door opens on its own after, dunno.. 10 secs. then go do something else, like equipping the sword of Nex or some other ritual you might have thought of.
haclya

Post by haclya »

been at lvl 7 and got the sword and the door is closed for me must be a bug that happens.
Draken

Post by Draken »

Just sit tight in the tile in front of the door for a few secs... nothing?
Icebird

Post by Icebird »

I have the same problem as many: I'm stuck in front of this stupid Fighter's challenge's door.
I have fully visited the level 7, I've found and equiped the Sword of Nex, all members of my team ar lvl 10, and I've been waiting in front of that door for more than 10 mins, and it still doesn't open.

However, there is something nagging me: I equiped the sword, but on a character that doesn't have the sword skill... Nobody in my team have the sword skill in fact. Could it be this point that prevent the access?

Could those who cannot enter check if they equiped the sword on someone who can use it?
Could those who can enter do the same?
Draken

Post by Draken »

My sword-woman was the one carying both the flaming and nex sword... but... wow seriously? if you're not skilled it doesnt open?
I really dont want to think that's the issue here.
Arty

Post by Arty »

I have a fighter, skilled in sword who has the sword of nex equipped and flame sword in inventory. Fully cleared floor 7, about half cleared floor 8, been to floor 9. Fighter door is still closed.
Nerothos

Post by Nerothos »

Icebird wrote:I have the same problem as many: I'm stuck in front of this stupid Fighter's challenge's door.
I have fully visited the level 7, I've found and equiped the Sword of Nex, all members of my team ar lvl 10, and I've been waiting in front of that door for more than 10 mins, and it still doesn't open.

However, there is something nagging me: I equiped the sword, but on a character that doesn't have the sword skill... Nobody in my team have the sword skill in fact. Could it be this point that prevent the access?

Could those who cannot enter check if they equiped the sword on someone who can use it?
Could those who can enter do the same?
Sword skill is not the issue, my fighter had around 30 swords when I was stuck there. Note that by saying was, I don't mean that I got the door open. I finnished my game never seeing the other side of that door. Now I'm replaying on an all lizardman, 2 rogues and 2 warriors team with mapping off and on hard difficulty (I'm not even drawing a map, I thought his could be interesting). Hopefully this time I'll get the door open.
Stalkingwolf

Post by Stalkingwolf »

on hard this challange is hard ... very hard :-)
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster
Ihmemies

Post by Ihmemies »

I could not get the door open when I found it 1st time, but after getting Nex the door opened for me. I think my sword skill was below 20 (since it's now 22). Ran into a corner and only lost one of my mages in the fight.