Level 9 Pillered Hallway

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
idrathernot

Re: Level 9 Pillered Hallway

Post by idrathernot »

After the hallway, and you pick up the tome.... Where do you go from there? I have the golden key from the dino and the ornate key from the outer sanctum.
Ihmemies

Post by Ihmemies »

Same problem here too. I've been looking for Waldo for ages now but can't figoure out where to go.

A map of the areas I've covered at level 9: http://hakkarainen.kuvat.fi/tempo/spam2 ... evel_9.jpg

I have ornate & gold keys but no locks, no waldos, no puzzles, nothing at all to go forward.

Is this a bug?

E: Finally found an answer. All the alcoves must be EMPTY, nothing at all can be in any alcove (north, east, south). I had left a chest full of stuff on northern alcove and the script letting player forward didn't work.
MrAtrion

Post by MrAtrion »

For anyone still stuck in the room called Checkered (the one with pressing floorpanels). The answer has been already given by Breogan. The tip in the scroll is very confusing (and perhaps should be applied somewhere else). The biggest tip is the name of the room, which means simply the chessboard. So place items like this:

first row left and right
second row in the middle
third row left and right
forth row in the middle (leave an item or the gate will close again)
Tabutask

Post by Tabutask »

Arech wrote:
SpoilerShow
w w d w a w d w w w a w w w w d w a w d w w w a w w

that's the key combination to get through it.
How can I do that, if we have just square 4x3 maybe U mean 's' some times ?
I can't open =(
MrAtrion

Post by MrAtrion »

Tabutask wrote:
Arech wrote:
SpoilerShow

I can't open =(
This hint is for another place. The one with plates of the floor is called Checkered and I wrote how to solve this puzzle.
Tabutask

Post by Tabutask »

MrAtrion wrote:
Tabutask wrote:
Arech wrote:
SpoilerShow

I can't open =(
This hint is for another place. The one with plates of the floor is called Checkered and I wrote how to solve this puzzle.
Thx. Now I understand =)
But not Understand How to open this room 3 to 4, I pressed all the plates by my things, but did not open =( Why ? Maybe some plates must be not pressed ?
EvoluZion3

Post by EvoluZion3 »

Thx. Now I understand =)
But not Understand How to open this room 3 to 4, I pressed all the plates by my things, but did not open =( Why ? Maybe some plates must be not pressed ?
SpoilerShow
if you still mean the Checkered room, then the plates need to be pressed in the form of a chequered flag (spelling!), i.e. on, off, on, off. this leads to two possible combinations, one which is right one which is wrong.
VisualDeadlock

Post by VisualDeadlock »

This hallway is really a stupid puzzle.

Thaks for the guy who posted the picture, I got through it with that, but it didn't seem to follow the scrolls instructions properly.

Left measn turn and face left or strafe left? Becasue lets say you move into the room leftx2, then strafe right one, (facign the wall northwards), you strafe left, go so far that follows the picture, but then 3 right? Picutre shows going 1 squares south, then forward one then up one and then 3 sqaures further into the room? WTF???
Runean

Post by Runean »

Just a note to the devs:
It's a great game, I love it and hope for more!
2 things about lvl 9:
1) I'd never figured the checkered room out without looking at this forum (as I didn't know checkered meant something about chess - not a native english speaker)
2) I couldn't see through the pillared hall puzzle either (I could perhaps have given that one more time, but it just didn't make any sense to me even though I tried using the puzzle-note in various ways)

Aside from those 2, the puzzles and combat-difficulty are spot-on!
Drax

Post by Drax »

VisualDeadlock wrote:This hallway is really a stupid puzzle.

Thaks for the guy who posted the picture, I got through it with that, but it didn't seem to follow the scrolls instructions properly.

Left measn turn and face left or strafe left? Becasue lets say you move into the room leftx2, then strafe right one, (facign the wall northwards), you strafe left, go so far that follows the picture, but then 3 right? Picutre shows going 1 squares south, then forward one then up one and then 3 sqaures further into the room? WTF???
I believe it's left and right side of the corridor as you're facing down it.