Atmospheric ideas...

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
wssymes

Atmospheric ideas...

Post by wssymes »

Dear devs,

Just wanted to say thank you for creating this game! I think it is fantastic!

I do have a few thoughts and ideas for future atmospheric content. These are observations based on only reaching the end of the third floor. If this already appears in the game, please ignore ;)

1. Earthquakes: Add some dust and debris effects that falls from the ceiling when these occur. I have only run into one so far and I don't remember if this happens. If so ignore this comment :)

2. Smoke and dust effects. You have a stellar design concept already, but it would be neat to see dust particles when walking through the halls, or when certain doors open.

3. Adding mouse motions when pulling chains on certain doors. I keep wanting to click and drag the chain rather than just....eh, click.

I have some other ideas, but I need to explore the game further before telling them to you. Anyway, I am really happy that your team has found success with this game!
IndigoAK

Re: Atmospheric ideas...

Post by IndigoAK »

wssymes wrote:1. Earthquakes: Add some dust and debris effects that falls from the ceiling when these occur. I have only run into one so far and I don't remember if this happens. If so ignore this comment :)
This already happens actually. Dust will fall from the ceiling.

I agree it with the second idea as well.