Random Dungeon Layout?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
NoMaD

Random Dungeon Layout?

Post by NoMaD »

Hey Everyone,

First of all, I would like to say that I LOVE this kind of game. Ever since Dungeon Hack, I have wanted something to fill the void in this genre... The game seems to fit the bill very well, however, I cant seem to find out if it is possible to have random generated dungeon layouts? Dungeon Hack used to have a bunch of sliders that would generate a seed that would create the layout randomly every time you started a new game. I understand that the main quest had to be carefully constructed... but thought perhaps there was a "Random Mode" or something.

I'm not saying this would deter me from buying the game, it would give me ALL THE MORE reason to buy it and recommend to others with high replay value!

Thanks for reading!

NoMaD

P.S. Bravo to the Devs for assembling this game, and at such a reasonable price too!
Crashbanito

Re: Random Dungeon Layout?

Post by Crashbanito »

The Dev's have said it might be a possibility, but I would recommend it to you regardless. There is a map editor on the way, so there's something to look forward to.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
NoMaD

Re: Random Dungeon Layout?

Post by NoMaD »

:) Just bought it from their store!!

I dont care if there is no random right now, I am totally excited to play... and if they do have a level editor/random later on, I will be even happier!

I support these DEVS... Indie companies are very important to the game industry... I know, I work for a big game company, and I have to go to work now :P