Level 5 - The archives

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
NorternWolf

Level 5 - The archives

Post by NorternWolf »

I have founded all the scrolls and putted them in right places, also some hidden stuff and managed to open the metal door. However I cannot figure out how to countinue to hallways :?:

Also, one of the teleport mist (Time and Tide), there from beginning you can turn left and then you will see a book and teleport mist behind the iron bars. How to get there?

The armor room aint accessible this level I have understood!
Fugu

Re: Level 5 - The archives

Post by Fugu »

NorternWolf wrote: Also, one of the teleport mist (Time and Tide), there from beginning you can turn left and then you will see a book and teleport mist behind the iron bars. How to get there?

As for the book you can see through the bars:
SpoilerShow
The teleporter that you use at the very beginning of time and tide to throw a dagger through on the switch. Use a stone to activate it, rather than standing on the plate and teleport yourself. You'll be in the room with the book. It allows you to give the character holding it to gain 5 skill points when used. You really really want that!
The armor room? Do you mean the special room that is on every level with nice stuff in it? You can open it.
SpoilerShow
Go to trails of thought. When you've done the pressure plate puzzles you will be in a hallway that leads to the big room where the scrolls are. In the hallway leading to that giant room there is one field to the right. Search for a loose rock there. This will close the two trapdoors in the giant room to your left. There is another switch in the wall, this one deactivates the teleporter in the middle and opens the trapdoor. Fall down the trapdoor and you're in a room in the lower level with the key for the treasure room.
You have to do this pretty fast as the trapdoors close again. I suggest you save the game before.
[insert quote by popular deceased person you read somewhere]
NorternWolf

Post by NorternWolf »

Fugu wrote:
NorternWolf wrote: Also, one of the teleport mist (Time and Tide), there from beginning you can turn left and then you will see a book and teleport mist behind the iron bars. How to get there?

As for the book you can see through the bars:
SpoilerShow
The teleporter that you use at the very beginning of time and tide to throw a dagger through on the switch. Use a stone to activate it, rather than standing on the plate and teleport yourself. You'll be in the room with the book. It allows you to give the character holding it to gain 5 skill points when used. You really really want that!
Thanks

The armor room? Do you mean the special room that is on every level with nice stuff in it? You can open it.
SpoilerShow
Go to trails of thought. When you've done the pressure plate puzzles you will be in a hallway that leads to the big room where the scrolls are. In the hallway leading to that giant room there is one field to the right. Search for a loose rock there. This will close the two trapdoors in the giant room to your left. There is another switch in the wall, this one deactivates the teleporter in the middle and opens the trapdoor. Fall down the trapdoor and you're in a room in the lower level with the key for the treasure room.
You have to do this pretty fast as the trapdoors close again. I suggest you save the game before.
Already done it! I meant the place where you can see a plate armor lying on the ground, its on the same level where you get the key for the metal door room!

This is what I meant http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57895 ... C82BCE6AE/
Myeka

Post by Myeka »

SpoilerShow
You can't access here for now, you'll have towait until level 6 to go up and reach this zone.