For ppl Who are Further in -- How Hard is Hard?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
sage2

For ppl Who are Further in -- How Hard is Hard?

Post by sage2 »

I'm looking for a good challenge with the combat, but not a frustrating one. How hard is "Hard"?
Crashbanito

Re: For ppl Who are Further in -- How Hard is Hard?

Post by Crashbanito »

The enemies can really take a beating. You have to rely on rest and strategic moves to beat them. Never take more than one group on at once.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
Sirushimo

Post by Sirushimo »

Im playing hard before trying on normal mode, and i must say that mobs are like 50% harder :D, they have faster attacks, double damage, and more. I love it ^^
Aro

Post by Aro »

sage2 wrote:I'm looking for a good challenge with the combat, but not a frustrating one. How hard is "Hard"?
It's quite challenging. You must lure the enemy one by one - all traps are deadly (so you must figure out how to trigger the trap without entering it - i mostly use rock) also you need to know how to use narrow corridors when outnumbered...
I think Hard mode is great for me... didn't try easy or normal, thou :-) these difficulties are for kids
sage2

Post by sage2 »

well party wipe on lvl 2 on hard...
Hissssa

Post by Hissssa »

Hard is completely easy if you fight 1 monster in a 2x2 space or larger. You can fight two monsters with the same ease in a 3x3 area.

Strafe click click, strafe click...../repeat.

Ice magic makes things a little easier as you can often freeze an enemy (seems to lower their defenses when frozen so they take extra damage and they can't fight back).
xlaZuRelx

Post by xlaZuRelx »

It get significantly harder at level 5, especially end of level 4... Strafing is your friend! Best any form of defense...
Millaren

Post by Millaren »

how anyone play hard on the last floor. think it 12. because on normal that was a nightmare i would like to know if anyone has been there on hard.
Poomermon

Post by Poomermon »

Millaren wrote:how anyone play hard on the last floor. think it 12. because on normal that was a nightmare i would like to know if anyone has been there on hard.
I assume you mean after the boss has been awakened. I try not to fight the never-ending monsters. I let the boss squash most of the critters and lure it to a safe corner. After the boss has been made vulnerable I just spam bombs at him until it dies. If things get hairy you can always jump into a pit and use the resurrection stone below. To be honest I died a bajillion times there but those monsters have no answer to save/reload spell.
Feyn

Post by Feyn »

You have to kinda pray in hard mode
SpoilerShow
Kill these damn flying bugs as fast as possible and in a lesser extent the crab like bugs you can let the boss take care of the others one if they attack you .after that if I find a large space without pit or wall to attack the boss and if needed i fall in a pit to sleep and save but you have to take care of all the mobs again .Oh and I didn't know there was a crystal in our safe spot....Oh well i know it for the next time .