Anyone else try all mages?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Saetia

Anyone else try all mages?

Post by Saetia »

I just got to the 5th floor I think. (the one where the walls FINALLY CHANGE. Oh how exciting that was.) Oh man, a painful trip it has been haha. I'm doing hard mode too. All I can say is if my front two insectoids couldn't get that protection bonus trait then I would of been screwed! It is fun, but the only real draw back is the lack of equipment that is useful to them. Oh well, maybe later on in the game?
Krotch ScroteGuzzle

Re: Anyone else try all mages?

Post by Krotch ScroteGuzzle »

Mouse clicking all those spells must be a chore though. :(
Saetia

Post by Saetia »

It really is sometimes haha. The worst part is I always get stressed out and miss the runes! At least I will be pro at when I do my normal party. There is a lot of running around enemies while I set up spells and a lot of experimenting with finding spells before I get the scrolls. I don't know when you are supposed to get lightning bolt, but i'm sure glad I found it out on my own.
spfiota

Post by spfiota »

I haven't gotten lightning bolt yet, but ice bolt is excellent. Nothing better than stopping a charging ogre dead in its tracks, walking behind it for backstab damage, and then freezing it with another ice bolt after it runs headlong into the wall.
Saetia

Post by Saetia »

One more level until ice bolt! That one is going to rule. I have one mage for each element, but the front two have some points in staff defense since they are in the front of course. One of them being the ice guy so he is a little behind ;_;. I am actually at the first ogre and well...ice bolt would be nice haha.