Access Editor from outside the game?

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
CrEaToXx

Access Editor from outside the game?

Post by CrEaToXx »

Haven't found anything in SF. Is there a way to start the editor without entering the game first?

It's highly inconvenient to constantly being forced going into the game. Specially if you're testing your mods.
Last edited by CrEaToXx on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrEaToXx

Re: Access Editor from outside the game?

Post by CrEaToXx »

On top of that, would it be possible to somehow run two instances of the game?

Being forced to constantly exit editor, then go into the game for testing, then start up editor again to build the mod is extremely inconvenient as well... :!:
THOM

Post by THOM »

AFAIK there is no way to start the editor from outside the main menue.

In a quick test I could start more than one instances of the game - but I have absolutely no idea if you can run safely one mod in both instances. But why do you want to do this? The editor has a preview screen. You can see most changes from within the editor. And to have a controlling view on your game inside the main-engine it is enough to do it from time to time.
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by CrEaToXx »

THOM wrote:AFAIK there is no way to start the editor from outside the main menue.

In a quick test I could start more than one instances of the game - but I have absolutely no idea if you can run safely one mod in both instances. But why do you want to do this? The editor has a preview screen. You can see most changes from within the editor. And to have a controlling view on your game inside the main-engine it is enough to do it from time to time.
That may be true when building dungeons. But I'm making a mod for the base game to add more races. Which I can not create in the editor?