Nvidia 3D Vision support ( 3dvision )

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
kanetsb

Nvidia 3D Vision support ( 3dvision )

Post by kanetsb »

Hello,

First of all - congrats on managing to capture the classic DC spirit. The game does feel like a proper crawler and it is very fun to play.

But it can use one final cherry. :)

Nvidia 3D Vision support. The game's dungeons look great with it as it is now. The bricks on the walls and floors pop-out, the beasts are right there, in your face, the weapon hits seem to come from behind you. But as usual with this engine - the lights and shadows are wrong. :( Some lights are different for each eye, shadows are completely wrong most of the time.

Please, please fix it! :cry:

Best Regards,
Enak
bartevil

Re: Nvidia 3D Vision support ( 3dvision )

Post by bartevil »

Hi,

I second that. 3D Vision support is a must !! :)
Anyway great game!

Regards,
Sylvain
Suleiman

Post by Suleiman »

I play with 3D Vision.... it's incredible!!!!
Crash

Post by Crash »

I hope that the shadows can be patched - this game looks amazing in 3D.
fish99

Post by fish99 »

Just wanted to add my support for this request. I know it's a lot to ask for a small indie dev team, but this game would look amazing in stereo 3D if the shadows could be fixed.

By the way can I also recommend the Grimrock devs pick themselves up a 120 Hz 3D Vision Ready LCD and some 3D Vision glasses and try a few games, including Grimrock, in stereo 3D. I think you'll be amazed just how much immersion is added to games by stereo 3D, and I think it may well give you the incentive needed to look into fixing the shadows.
Crash

Post by Crash »

I recommend the Planar SA2311W - 23" monitor - 1080p 3D Vision Ready with very low ghosting/crosstalk. It looks like this model was deactivated last month, but there seem to be some remaining in stock at various retailers for as low as $300, and the Nvidia 3D Vision kit is about $100. I'll donate $100 to Almost Human Games if they agree to take a crack at fixing the shadows.
andysonofbob

Post by andysonofbob »

Not bought this yet - but defo will if they sort out these issues!

I believe more than a few 3D gamers would be cool if the devs included the option to disable the problematic shadows/light effects - if that is easier...
Crash

Post by Crash »

andysonofbob wrote:I believe more than a few 3D gamers would be cool if the devs included the option to disable the problematic shadows/light effects - if that is easier...
I suspect that the light and shadow effect could be fixed, although this may not be the highest priority for the developers, even if 3D is the coolest way to play the game :p

The problem goes away if I remove all of the torches from the walls, so it is specific to the presence of certain light sources. I am guessing there are variables for the offsets that may be possible to adjust.

The same problem occurs in many games that have reflections on the surface of water.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

I bought the game instantly after watching 3dvision screenshots of the game.
Sadly, there weren't any shadows on these screenshots. :(

+1 for 3dvision support
Crash

Post by Crash »

Here are image examples. First the 2D screenshot, then the 3D shots for each eye. Notice how the lighting and shadows are in drastically different and incorrect positions on the 3D images.

2D screenshot

3D screenshot 1

3D screenshot 2