Any problem if i dont touch any crystal

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
userwords

Any problem if i dont touch any crystal

Post by userwords »

As long as i know blue crystal heal and resurrect your players but, what if i dont need it, and leave them behind.

Also i tried one and light went off, does that mean they only have one use, or they ligh again after a while.
Ugm

Re: Any problem if i dont touch any crystal

Post by Ugm »

userwords wrote:they ligh again after a while.
this

Oh, and not touching them is a bad idea. Resting makes you hungry. And it's really difficult down there... ;)
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

I've had this problem, I haven't bothered using the crystals much and consequently on level 4 I ran out of food completely... :shock:

I've managed to keep going and recently food some food, was getting tricky though!

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Ugm

Post by Ugm »

Daniel, did you play DM?

Because one thing I learned from it is that food is the most important supply ;) Starving party rushing through levels looking for some monsters to eat... great times ;) Screamers in a packs of 4 on dungeon level 3 or 4= FOOD!
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

I did! I was playing it up to this week actually. :D

In DM there seemed to be more food enemies and they respawned, by level 4 in DM I had so much food my bags were overflowing and I couldn't carry any more! LoG by comparison seems much tighter on the food.
SpoilerShow
I here there are respawning food enemies on level 6, so once I get there I'll be happy.
I think in Log I should have used the crystal more, also I slept LOADS to shrug of poison, which probably wasted food, besides solving puzzles takes me ages! :lol:

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Hissssa

Post by Hissssa »

Darklord wrote: besides solving puzzles takes me ages! :lol:

Daniel.
Save the game before a puzzle, try it a while and then load after you figure it out or you are really close!

With the exception of like two places the spiders can be kited in a 2x2 grid every time you see them. They usually come in pairs so burn one down quickly with your mage. Now then if you rested for the slimes that is a completely different story. I'd actually save them for later!