Sandbox mode?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
HeavyMetalMonk

Re: Sandbox mode?

Post by HeavyMetalMonk »

Yeah, you have absolutely no idea what a sandbox game is.
Arkhan

Post by Arkhan »

Stalkingwolf wrote:Image

?

I loled so hard.

That was me trying to beat Xeen and his dickhead pet dragon!

I don't see what the point would be to having god-mode for this game. You might as well just go stare at someones maps of the game, or that lets-play-video, lol
http://www.aetherbyte.com <<< For all kinds of goony retro game nonsense, on PCE, MSX, and stuff

HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR!
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

Please, keep this sort of game as it its. There are FAQs and walkthroughs a plenty if you're having so much trouble. Also, easy mode.
kitty

Post by kitty »

Yes, after long time. Game where u have to actually use brain and sometimes u do not know how to proceed. Im rly enjoying this!
tarasis

Post by tarasis »

That is perfect, I absolutely agree with that.
Jesus669

Post by Jesus669 »

The point is to have an option for players who would still enjoy this type of game, but at the same time can play and enjoy it at a level they are comfortable with. The game will still be just as hard for those who chose hard mode and don't turn on certain features, but grimrock could see more sales and more positive publicity if there were features for the more casual player.

I'm pretty sure those of you who like this game will want more down the road. Options to make it easier for a larger player base would put more cash in the pockets of Almost Human Games so they can keep making games.
synthetictruism

Post by synthetictruism »

?

^THIS

so very true!
Welcome back brave adventurers.
It is too bad you did not discover the true secret of the firestaff. Now that I have it I have no further need for you.
spreadsheets

Post by spreadsheets »

players are not required to eat
torches don't run out
restoration stones don't run out
poisons/diseases don't last *seemingly* forever
objects have no weight, so you can hold as many items as your inventory can hold
stats on map to show you how many secrets you have discovered (and how many there are) for each level
Most of those points are pretty much non-issues on normal.
Food, torches and ingredients for antidotes are plentiful and restoration stones recharge themselves.
What you would ever need all the slots your inventory has for I can not even begin to think of.

The only thing that could prove an "issue" is the not knowing how many secrets there are on each level.
I take distance from the term "issue" here because that kind of information is not something a game like Grimrock should be giving you in my opinion.

The auto attack and spell window changes you suggested fall into the same line of changes that would not improve upon the existing gameplay but completely change/warp it.
A significant amount of the fun and challenge combat in Grimrock offers (at least to me) is having to click all that stuff and be quick about it, asking for an auto attack here is like asking for the option to automatically macro in Starcraft 2.
DannyD

Post by DannyD »

?
totally agree :D
i00

Post by i00 »

Jesus669 wrote:The point is to have an option for players who would still enjoy this type of game, but at the same time can play and enjoy it at a level they are comfortable with. The game will still be just as hard for those who chose hard mode and don't turn on certain features, but grimrock could see more sales and more positive publicity if there were features for the more casual player.

I'm pretty sure those of you who like this game will want more down the road. Options to make it easier for a larger player base would put more cash in the pockets of Almost Human Games so they can keep making games.
Exactly i did say AN OPTION... i would personnally play hard with sandbox :)

Kris

Return to “Grimrock 1 Discussion”