Level 5 - Chamber of Pits - helper

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
FrameUp

Level 5 - Chamber of Pits - helper

Post by FrameUp »

Hey I had a lot of trouble wrapping my head around this one. Although it's straight forward, I had to resort to mapping it out to visualize the steps...
SpoilerShow
Here's a little helper map. Also helps to count in two's as you're stepping through.
x=first enter, o=switch, i=lever
Kanubis

Re: Level 5 - Chamber of Pits - helper

Post by Kanubis »

I got this last night,
SpoilerShow
worked it out but it was pretty tricky making you go around the upper right section a couple of times!
What I never figured out was how to get to the alcove south of pit 19 on your map. It looked like it had a bomb in it.
Myeka

Post by Myeka »

Kanubis wrote: What I never figured out was how to get to the alcove south of pit 19 on your map. It looked like it had a bomb in it.
Thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention, I've never noticed this alcove before (guess I was too focused on my footsteps :p). And the reward is waaaaayyyyyyy much better than a simply bomb :)
Hint:
SpoilerShow
Search for a hidden switch while you travel. This is a quite hard move though.
killington

Post by killington »

Myeka wrote:
Kanubis wrote: What I never figured out was how to get to the alcove south of pit 19 on your map. It looked like it had a bomb in it.
Thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention, I've never noticed this alcove before (guess I was too focused on my footsteps :p). And the reward is waaaaayyyyyyy much better than a simply bomb :)
Hint:
SpoilerShow
As for you thinking its worth it...
SpoilerShow
I refuse to equip it because of the food consumption thing. Not really worth it for 1 strength in my mind, but to each their own.
vorvek

Post by vorvek »

killington wrote:
Myeka wrote:
Hint:
SpoilerShow
As for you thinking its worth it...
SpoilerShow
I refuse to equip it because of the food consumption thing. Not really worth it for 1 strength in my mind, but to each their own.
SpoilerShow
I had it with my minotaur warrior with no Endurance. The 20% to health regeneration and extra damage and weight to carry proved to be so much better than consuming more of an almost unlimited resource in the game, that I even gave a second pair I found to my mage :p