How big is the game?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Llevram

How big is the game?

Post by Llevram »

Sorry, I am late to the party and this has probably been covered somewhere, though I did try the forum search, feature ... it told me these words were ignored, because they are too common :lol: "big how game the is."

Anyhow, in one of the archived blogs I saw something about beta having 7 levels, 5 herbs added, x something added, ... I don't really feel like blog-crawing and doing a lot of math, so maybe this is a good time for a recap of how big the game is. Any idea how many of hours of game play it will take to complete? So, what's the total number of levels and what are their sizes (all basically the same, or some small, some large?) I do recall seeing that there were 15 monsters, which seemed a kind of low number (unless that was classes of monsters).
Sol_HSA

Re: How big is the game?

Post by Sol_HSA »

Yes, this has been covered lots of times.

One of the developers played the game through in about 10 hours.

For me, playing through the beta for the first time in easy difficulty took around 15 hours, but I didn't come close to finding all the secrets etc.

There's also the old school mode where you don't get the automap, which doubtlessly will make the game longer to finish, and there's various ways you can configure your party, so there's plenty of replayability there.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..