Worth it to restart?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
xyeggs

Worth it to restart?

Post by xyeggs »

Is it worth it to restart? I mean I feel like I sorta gimped my characters and skipped on a bunch of secrets. The problem is that I'm already about 8 hours into the game. Any thoughts?
DJK

Re: Worth it to restart?

Post by DJK »

You can always return to get the secrets :)
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

This game is all about replayability, so go ahead. Just make an extra save if you're not quite sure.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
Point08

Post by Point08 »

xyeggs wrote:Is it worth it to restart? I mean I feel like I sorta gimped my characters and skipped on a bunch of secrets. The problem is that I'm already about 8 hours into the game. Any thoughts?
Im of two minds on this. I restarted after level 2 because my maps were in need of a better map legend. When i restarted i picked different traits to reflect what I had learned. That being said....I don't like to min/max since part of the fun of the challange is to guess what you'll need on the coming levels. If you feel you're in an unwinnable situation then restart....otherwise just keep track of how you'd like to set up your next team for your next play through.
Archfiend

Post by Archfiend »

I restarted on level four after getting frustrated with the default heroes and the choices I had made.

Working through again with a little more experience and having picked my own characters is much more rewarding.
Qoojo

Post by Qoojo »

I am thinking of restarting because I thought pits were something to avoid at the start.
Nachtfischer

Post by Nachtfischer »

Qoojo wrote:I am thinking of restarting because I thought pits were something to avoid at the start.
Aren't most of them? Oh! :D