Enough with the Spiders

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Arctor

Re: Enough with the Spiders

Post by Arctor »

e8hffff wrote:There is one spot on level three where you need to enter the room and the door closed behind you. In there are two spiders and no where to run around due to eggs making it a single corridor.
Ice Shards spell to the rescue... ;)
Arctor

Post by Arctor »

LastFootnote wrote: My advice: jump into every pit you find.
But be careful if you've already tricked/deposited creatures into the very same pit... they'll be waiting for you below! Then again, if you happen to drop onto their heads... ;)
spfiota

Post by spfiota »

Arctor wrote:
LastFootnote wrote: My advice: jump into every pit you find.
But be careful if you've already tricked/deposited creatures into the very same pit... they'll be waiting for you below! Then again, if you happen to drop onto their heads... ;)
I dropped on four of undead guards at the same time once. Glorious. I reloaded because I'm an XP whore.

Also, if you think spiders are bad, wait until you meet crabs. I feel sorry for those of you who only brought one mage.
e8hffff

Post by e8hffff »

Arctor wrote:
e8hffff wrote:There is one spot on level three where you need to enter the room and the door closed behind you. In there are two spiders and no where to run around due to eggs making it a single corridor.
Ice Shards spell to the rescue... ;)
I've only just made it through level 3 at character level 6 Mage. Mind you I'm only using one character. The others were killed off deliberately at start of game.

The spiders are nasty and I was dying real quickly if I tried to tank them.
Casey

Post by Casey »

@OP

Maybe you should try a different set of characters or attributes? I just got through the whole game on hard with two minotaur fighters and two human mages (One Ice and one Fire). Spiders were just annoying, not deadly.
EvoluZion3

Post by EvoluZion3 »

I don't mean to sound cruel, but perhaps the OP has never seen the words "GAME OVER" appear on the screen before :? You didn't plan, you didn't have an escape route, and you failed to avoid getting trapped, simple as! :roll: