[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
marten_1992

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by marten_1992 »

new question
finally found out what to do with the obanyon book, currently searching for the library entrance, what does give it time mean ??
tries to wait and manipulate th surrounding with the clock but to no avail ...
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
alois

Post by alois »

marten_1992 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:16 am new question
finally found out what to do with the obanyon book, currently searching for the library entrance, what does give it time mean ??
tries to wait and manipulate th surrounding with the clock but to no avail ...
Wait patiently for a sound...

Alois :)
ene

Post by ene »

progress is very slow..

half part only of xaffi desert explored and have just reached xaffe temple level 3.

Good fun with priests (but then you can always count on them to add that litlle touch of mood in a temple, it's just their trademark :lol: ). Serioulsy, it reminds me of the good old days of toorum manor. I wish there were more moments like that.

As for the temple itself, it's a bit tough to get into at the beginning since there are many puzzles, but i think it's well designed. Really good fun overall.

Since all secrets were found :mrgreen: (but i won't survive it), anyway, a little error here i guess:

in the 1st level (SE), a fake wall, then a switch on a wall but it doesn't seem to make any change (i checked afterwards so i'm pretty sure).

Actually it adds some kind of forcefield at the top of the ladder, but i don't see what would be its purpose?

2498billb wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:52 pm Hi Stuck in Xaafi Temple,
1. The green, red, yellow buttons, I see someone else had same problem - what flooded area is a clue?
2. There are gold locks what do not seem to click when trying any key, what do I need?
these are near/in the endless corridor.
3. What does the message mean about 'and when the light shines in the dark, Hope suddenly raises.'
Ignore question 2 I found master key.
1. there's a message on a wall in the north-est part of the temple that will give you the combination (you need the xaffi key to acces there )
2. you have found the key, so it's all good
3. hmm i'd just say don't pay too much attention to the messages scattered around, actually i found that only 2 of them help you to solve .. guess what, 2 riddles (the 3 colorful buttons, and the wheels to deactivate the forcefields before the stairs, abit later).
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

another question, searching for the obanyon, judging by the maps it seems to be somewhere in the northern part of the blue mountains, am I right ?
my first thought was it might be accessed from the iron temple but the key does not fit there
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
alois

Post by alois »

marten_1992 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:06 am another question, searching for the obanyon, judging by the maps it seems to be somewhere in the northern part of the blue mountains, am I right ?
my first thought was it might be accessed from the iron temple but the key does not fit there
If you remember, there is a pass which is blocked by an avalanche: look around there...

Alois :)
2498billb

Post by 2498billb »

ene wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:43 am progress is very slow..

half part only of xaffi desert explored and have just reached xaffe temple level 3.

Good fun with priests (but then you can always count on them to add that litlle touch of mood in a temple, it's just their trademark :lol: ). Serioulsy, it reminds me of the good old days of toorum manor. I wish there were more moments like that.

As for the temple itself, it's a bit tough to get into at the beginning since there are many puzzles, but i think it's well designed. Really good fun overall.

Since all secrets were found :mrgreen: (but i won't survive it), anyway, a little error here i guess:

in the 1st level (SE), a fake wall, then a switch on a wall but it doesn't seem to make any change (i checked afterwards so i'm pretty sure).

Actually it adds some kind of forcefield at the top of the ladder, but i don't see what would be its purpose?

2498billb wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:52 pm Hi Stuck in Xaafi Temple,
1. The green, red, yellow buttons, I see someone else had same problem - what flooded area is a clue?
2. There are gold locks what do not seem to click when trying any key, what do I need?
these are near/in the endless corridor.
3. What does the message mean about 'and when the light shines in the dark, Hope suddenly raises.'
Ignore question 2 I found master key.
1. there's a message on a wall in the north-est part of the temple that will give you the combination (you need the xaffi key to acces there )
2. you have found the key, so it's all good
3. hmm i'd just say don't pay too much attention to the messages scattered around, actually i found that only 2 of them help you to solve .. guess what, 2 riddles (the 3 colorful buttons, and the wheels to deactivate the forcefields before the stairs, abit later).
Hi ene Question 1 is the message on the wall related to 'The Black Peak' letters at end of message? I have tried putting them at the coloured buttons sequence but nothing happens?
fairydude

Post by fairydude »

I don't like it when puzzles involve "light" in their description, even though a ton of items ingame shine in the darkness/have light around them. Like having to use a plant because there are glowing fireflies around it when you put it on the ground.

"A light in the dark" could also mean a million things or items. Like casting darkness, using a torch while it's dark or just putting random glowing items on the ground. Even just the light spell should count as a light in the dark, since you are summoning a glowing ball (invisible to your party) behind you.

Btw, I do find it kinda funny that my highest dps right now is a random staff (greater lightning rod) which deals more damage than all my other party members.
ene

Post by ene »

2498billb wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:37 pm Hi ene Question 1 is the message on the wall related to 'The Black Peak' letters at end of message? I have tried putting them at the coloured buttons sequence but nothing happens?
Yes, that's the one.

I don't get it? There's something like: GGYR...... at the end of the message, I mean you cannot miss it.

Maybe the combination has been removed since some more recent versions (updates) ? I still playing withe version from january, with plenty bugs & crashes :mrgreen: since i didn't want to start a new game (just want to finish this damn thing once for all)

Since Bongobeat doesn't seem vacant these days, sould i put the answer? I don't see the point you're still getting stucked because of 1 riddle, i know how it feels..

hmm
SpoilerShow
Should be pretty clear (G=green, R=red..), if it doesn't work, then i'm afraid the combination has changed

Adn to avoid any misunderstanding, where the message is found (n-e as already stated)..
SpoilerShow
I cannot do more!
ene

Post by ene »

fairydude wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:51 pm I don't like it when puzzles involve "light" in their description, even though a ton of items ingame shine in the darkness/have light around them. Like having to use a plant because there are glowing fireflies around it when you put it on the ground.

"A light in the dark" could also mean a million things or items. Like casting darkness, using a torch while it's dark or just putting random glowing items on the ground. Even just the light spell should count as a light in the dark, since you are summoning a glowing ball (invisible to your party) behind you.

Btw, I do find it kinda funny that my highest dps right now is a random staff (greater lightning rod) which deals more damage than all my other party members.
depends in wich context 'light' is used, no? BG's english is pretty bad tbh, i mean it's not a scoop :mrgreen: but i mean try to use that into context.. (which place you are, the items you have, and so on)

(my english is 100 times worse than his btw, as everyone can see)

to be honest, except one or 2 puzzles, the riddles are pretty fair in general

@bg
SpoilerShow
my deepest apologizes :D

:lol:
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

2498billb wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:37 pm Hi ene Question 1 is the message on the wall related to 'The Black Peak' letters at end of message? I have tried putting them at the coloured buttons sequence but nothing happens?
If you did not make any mistake yourself this could happen because of the script used by Bongobeat to check the sequence. In the current version of the mod there could also be a problem with activating the mithril forge in the dwarven city because of the same reason.

My advice is to press the red button twice (to reset the puzzle for sure) and then try the correct sequence.