** SOS - URGENT Help Needed With Bloodwych Mod **

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
wagtunes

Re: ** SOS - URGENT Help Needed With Bloodwych Mod **

Post by wagtunes »

HypnoToad wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:48 am
wagtunes wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 7:37 pm
Dr.Disaster wrote:I'd try finding a walkthru of the original game "Bloodwych".
I doubt it will help as the engines are totally different. In fact, the room layouts are different because the two games are so different. For example, The Chaos Tower Level 5 is actually level 33 in this game. There is no way to know for certain that accessing each level is the same for each game as there is no 1 to 1 correlation between the levels.

Aside from that, I have mapped out every single level of this game with the exception of Zendik's Tower (which I assume I access once I have the 4 figures and the 3 crystals) and there is nothing left to find. Every key has been accounted for. In addition to that, there is no way to reaccess the Moon Tower. Once you leave, there is no way back in as the gems no longer trigger the portals. So if I have missed something in that tower, it's lost for good and I will have to start over from the beginning, which I'm not doing.

I just want to know where the 4 figures are (I've found 2 of them) so I can then determine if it even makes sense to try to retrieve them. Right now, I am literally walking around an empty dungeon. I've killed everything. My party is at level 27. There is nothing left to do until I find the last 2 figures.
I've started playing this game and found the maps that I got from the link for the game on Nexus are the same as the game. For example I am in Serpent Tower Level 2 (Grimrock level 13), it says Serpent Tower Level 2 at the top of the ingame map and as far as I can see it's identical to the downloaded map. Of course Grimrock has each level one on top of the other so that's why level 33 would be The Chaos Tower level 5 but would say this on the top of the ingame map.

http://www.alanchapman.org/bloodwych/maps.html

One thing I am doing that makes the game way easier is mapping all the Pillars as it was driving me nuts at the start, because you couldn't go where you thought you could. I just put a map notation with "Blocker" in it where they are. Now you can see in an instant how to get from A to B.

If and when I come across those figures I will let you know.
Thanks for the response. Got through the game back in May as I posted. Have played it a few times since. Probably my favorite since EoB.
HypnoToad

Post by HypnoToad »

I have done the main tower, the Serpent Tower, the Moon Tower and now the Dragon Tower, I have the Serpent, Moon and Dragon gems, they are all at the top of those towers in wall sockets, as well as three gold statues, which were also at the top of each tower. Getting ready to start the Chaos tower so I'm guessing that the Chaos gem and another gold statue is at the top of that tower.

Having a rest as killing all those dragons was time consuming and kept me on my toes.
Return of the Dark Lord - V3.5 Download:
https://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods ... escription
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

HypnoToad wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:25 am I have done the main tower, the Serpent Tower, the Moon Tower and now the Dragon Tower, I have the Serpent, Moon and Dragon gems, they are all at the top of those towers in wall sockets, as well as three gold statues, which were also at the top of each tower. Getting ready to start the Chaos tower so I'm guessing that the Chaos gem and another gold statue is at the top of that tower.

Having a rest as killing all those dragons was time consuming and kept me on my toes.
The Chaos Tower is one wild ride. Probably the toughest puzzles in the whole game. This one took me the longest to get through. Good luck.
HypnoToad

Post by HypnoToad »

Accursed Bloodwych! We shall meet again..

Finished it, the end level was a little different to the original I think but well worth the effort.

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in it and to fazzasx for all the work he put into it.
Return of the Dark Lord - V3.5 Download:
https://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods ... escription