Isle of the Deranged - Revision 1.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Slayer82

Re: Isle of the Deranged (Nexus Mods & ModDB)

Post by Slayer82 »

I'm looking into it now.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Azel

Post by Azel »

False alarm, sorry! My download just got jacked up somehow from nexus mods. I deleted everything and re-downloaded. Everything is good now. Created my new party and game is going!
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Hmm, not sure if I'm the only one with this problem, but I can't load it. It took a few tries to get the 7z file extracted properly from the Nexus Mods download. But Grimrock crashes as soon as I try to start the Mod.
Thanks for the heart attack, man! <Lol>
I was trying it out on two other machines, plus re-downloading it etc. But I'm glad it's working for you.
I hope you enjoy it!
Torst

Post by Torst »

Thx for this mod.Enjoy it.
andyroosta

Post by andyroosta »

Thanks a lot for making this mod Slayer82. Cheers.
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

A lovely effort.... Thank you! I'm enjoying this mod to no end. ;)

Cheers!
Regards,

RMariano
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Issues -

1. In the Southern Zhaoze, the player may become stuck if they defeat the Slime Bosses BEFORE they have unlocked a force field in the boss area. If at first you journeyed south and solved the Daemon head puzzle, before the boss fight, then there shouldn't be a problem. However, if you decided to fight the boss first, then you will become trapped there and must reload or even start the mod from the beginning.

2. Upon entering Ktalak's Domain, you must first find a hidden switch, which opens a tomb grate door allowing access to Ktalak's tomb area. If you solve the pressure pad puzzle, and take the spawned teleporter, then you will be stuck inside the tomb area without a means of escape. If you found the small button then solved the pressure plate puzzle, then you can continue playing as normal.

I have uploaded a fix called 'Isle of the Deranged - Bonus Add-On' to both ModDb and Nexus Mods. There are a few minor tweaks and some added extras too.

The old saves might work with the new patch upload, but if not, then I'm really sorry. It annoys me when people don't play test their mods well enough, and unfortunately I have become one of those people.
Although I spent days play testing it, I obviously missed some vital errors that needed fixing.

If you find any issues, please feel free to message me here, or on ModDb/Nexus Mods.

Apologises.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Thank you all for the support regarding the mod.
Due to all the curiosity and support, Isle of the Deranged is on the front page at ModDb - something I didn't expect.

If anyone has finished Isle of the Deranged, would you be able to leave some information regarding play-length, secret found, and issues.
It's not important, however I am curious on people's experience.

In a few weeks, I might commence my new mod. For it, I want to attempt a heavy role-playing interactive modification that incorporates quests.
Azel

Post by Azel »

I'd be interested to read a review from someone who completes this Mod; it definitely has some fun potential!

Due to committing time to finishing my own Mod I haven't been able to do much gaming. However, I did spend about 1 hour playing the Isle of the Deranged. Hardly enough time to give proper feedback but there are a few things I thought I'd mentioned.

First, when the game starts the group is trapped inside a cage. They cannot walk forward due to the barred door being closed, but apparently they can walk through either the left or right bars. Was this intentional? Being able to walk through steal bars seemed a bit odd.

Exploring was fun and actually had a bit of a fear element to it (similar to the actual Grimrock campaign); which is awesome. After some time I did end up in a room where I had to fight the Skeleton Commander boss. Unfortunately, I was only armed with a few rocks, a torch, and some bombs. I was using the import party that defeated the main campaign, but unless I really committed to some lengthy square-dancing in order to hand slap the boss to death, I was pretty much defeated. I have yet to reload the game to see what I did wrong. Are there weapons in this boss room that can be found? Or did I miss an equipment room?
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

I should have let you play test it before release. I didn't want to spoil it for you and other players, but it really needed to be tested by others.

I didn't even realise you can move left and right as I just assumed the prison cage walls were blockers. I have fixed that now, but it is yet another mistake.
The Crypt Master (Skeleton Commander) boss fight is an end of level boss. There is a sign by the lever indicating that it is a ‘master’, which is supposed to be a deterrent. The reason the door is lever activated is so you are able to choose when you wish to battle it. The player should go there last.

Once it is killed, then you can explore the surface - the main beach is where the game really opens.
A few hours is fine, but I'm not a fan of spending all my time in a single dungeon, which is why I like the Grimrock 2 assets and locations more than the first.
Oh, and you’re supposed to use a new party too! High-level characters would make it easy.

Azel, thanks for the feedback.
Last edited by Slayer82 on Tue May 19, 2015 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.