[Mod] Crashed

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Shaf

Re: [Mod] Crashed

Post by Shaf »

I also have the Earth Essence problem in the Earth Cave with mod ver 0.92. I'm also having problems with the Gate/3 switch puzzle in the Sewers I thought the sequence was
SpoilerShow
1,2,3,1,5,3 which is the same as 1, 2,3, 1,2,3
but that doesn't work from either direction. A hint would be appreciated.

I love the fact that it is not linear and you need to switch areas to solve some puzzles. I've already endorsed it on the Nexus.
Curak

Post by Curak »

I'm very sorry that something is still wrong with the earth essence everyone, I will get on it right away.
Shaf wrote:I'm also having problems with the Gate/3 switch puzzle in the Sewers I thought the sequence was -snip- but that doesn't work from either direction. A hint would be appreciated.
I'm not sure which puzzle you are referring too, but if you mean the three buttons you needed keys to access
SpoilerShow
those control something in the zone above you
or if you mean the area near the maze/healing crystal
SpoilerShow
The order of the words must be followed, all four are used in the sequence
The two are unrelated, though it sounds like your using one as the hint for the other?

EDIT: Got a fix up for the earth essence in the earth cave, hoping this works for any new players. To everyone else, thank you so much for putting up with me! :p
pstair

Post by pstair »

Also for those who are just missing the final earth essence and don't feel like playing through the patched mod:
SpoilerShow
you may consider putting spawn("essence_earth") into console to get it. although, you arent really missing much from solving the "balance" riddle aside from a sense of completion :P
Shaf

Post by Shaf »

in the sewer area East if the room with the 3 Switches there is an area blocked bewteen 2 closed gates where I can see a walkway but no way to get to it. (It's West of the Garden area where the Torch puzzle is)
I don"t see any trapdoors above to fall into the area and no buttons on the wall or in the water to access it, what am I missing?
Curak

Post by Curak »

Shaf wrote:in the sewer area East if the room with the 3 Switches there is an area blocked bewteen 2 closed gates where I can see a walkway but no way to get to it. (It's West of the Garden area where the Torch puzzle is)
I don"t see any trapdoors above to fall into the area and no buttons on the wall or in the water to access it, what am I missing?
Here ya go
SpoilerShow
Using the three buttons in the sewers, leave the third trapdoor in the forest ruins open, and fall in.
Guardian82

Post by Guardian82 »

I have to say, those darn Earth Elementals are tough!

Also, despite not resting I'm starting to run low on food but despite that I enjoy your mod a lot, on par with Legend of Dwarf Kingdom if not more (since some riddles there were a stretch imo).

Many thanks once again, will come here when I'll get stuck.
Curak

Post by Curak »

@Guardian82

Try using elemental attacks such as special weapons or spells, the earth elementals have alot of physical armor. Also the game is pretty open so if your having a hard time you might explore elsewhere.

Food was a concern of mine, I added more in my last update, but some points in the game give you a ton and others are lacking. Its a bit of a ration system which is not the same as the base games steady inflow of food and I think it might mess some players up. Try exploring the Southlands if you can handle the larger wargs, they're a good source of meat.
Guardian82

Post by Guardian82 »

Curak wrote:@Guardian82

Try using elemental attacks such as special weapons or spells, the earth elementals have alot of physical armor. Also the game is pretty open so if your having a hard time you might explore elsewhere.

Food was a concern of mine, I added more in my last update, but some points in the game give you a ton and others are lacking. Its a bit of a ration system which is not the same as the base games steady inflow of food and I think it might mess some players up. Try exploring the Southlands if you can handle the larger wargs, they're a good source of meat.
Thanks, I've figured it out, there's nothing a bunch of shock bombs can't fix. :mrgreen:

As for the food I've managed, in the end I've went fishing and all was good (it was way after the Southlands, though I do agree that meat there was nice) ^^

Now, I've finished the mod on hard, great fun! (but wouldn't go Hard on Iron Man ;))

SpoilerShow
Took me 13 hours (no rushing ^^), finished with lvl12 party. Shame about the second earth essence, I was sort of expecting biiiig end boss fight and it wasn't there (the snakes guy was a snack only). Hardest fight imo was with Earth Rage when I've had to tank some of those golems in order to not get surrounded and the last undead guy - pretty insane xD

I've really liked the bit about the riddle blessings (one is essential to get the armor set) as well as need to come back to previous places (undead tombs/mines etc.). Riddles in general really nice, with a bit of twist here and there, challenging but fair.

P.S. Word of advice - try to keep equipment you don't wear anymore in more-less known places, you never know when it might come in handy ;)
Question about one riddle:
SpoilerShow
Care to enlighten me on the "armors sacred places and tribal test?" I didn't go into that thinking "oh well, I don't have two of each essences anyway" and now I'm curious.
So yes, many thanks once more Curak for all your hard work and hours of fun I've had with your mod. My son liked it too.

Endorsed, I look forward to your future works!
Curak

Post by Curak »

Question about one riddle:
SpoilerShow
Care to enlighten me on the "armors sacred places and tribal test?" I didn't go into that thinking "oh well, I don't have two of each essences anyway" and now I'm curious.
SpoilerShow
The tribal test in the maze is kinda complicated but: each of the four alters has a clue on it, and there are 4 pieces of tribal armor that become accessible once you start the puzzle, if you place all of them on the correct altars it gives a you reward and a quest compelte xp bonus (which in my mod is more xp than secret found or puzzle solved), nothing huge since the beach can be completed as your second zone.

The four pieces are the chest which is in a tidal pool behind a secret door that opens when you start the puzzle, the buckler which is guarded by a powerful warg in the warg maze area of the beach, the mask which is in the spider lair and the leggings which are buried right in front of their altar.

There are also 2 more secrets in that maze so it can be kind of misleading
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Hey man,
I've just downloaded it and have been playing for about an hour. After I downloaded from Nexus Mods, I installed it without any issues.

There aren't many Legend of Grimrock 2 Mods, however the ones that are available aren't to my liking. This mod is.
It's aesthetically pleasing, calming, and seems to be made with fun in mind. I like the way it introduces you to the mod in a subtle way.
Thank you for taking the time to create this mod as it must have taken you quite a long time.

I look forward to the rest of the game.