Princes of Pale Moon

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
eLPuSHeR

Re: Princes of Pale Moon

Post by eLPuSHeR »

I have just finished this AWESOME mod. I haven't encountered any bugs that I know of. Congratulations and two thumbs up.

The story and the setting is cool. I loved the ever dark forest and its surrounding lands. Difficulty is adequate too. I think you should put some more throwing/missile weapons here and there though.

Best regards.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Echoplex

Post by Echoplex »

Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad to read that you enjoyed the time spent with it.

On another note I totally forgot to do so but! I want to give a big shout out and thank you to the friendly crew over at the Grimrock 2 Mod Creation Forum as well as Skuggasveinn for his excellent tutorials! Without their wisdom and tutorial foundation I would not have been able to deliver the product I did. Thank you guys and gals!
BarryBGB

Post by BarryBGB »

DusnA wrote:What "so many hoops" are you talking about? it's a one click thing..
http://steamworkshopdownloader.com/
it's been posted already btw. :roll:
Ok, that link brings me to a page requiring me to install a Userscript, then it says I cannot unless I have greesemonkey or Tampermonkey installed.

The link on the first page brings me to the Steam page where I have subscribed but there is no download link there either.
I have no trouble getting a Nexus mod.

Not sure how to get this mod.

thanks
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

BarryBGB wrote:The link on the first page brings me to the Steam page where I have subscribed but there is no download link there either.

Access to mods on Steam Workshop require the Steam Client to subscribe and the Steam version of the game to get the download going. Without the Steam version of the game you can "subscribe" any mod but the client won't download them.
BarryBGB

Post by BarryBGB »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
BarryBGB wrote:The link on the first page brings me to the Steam page where I have subscribed but there is no download link there either.

Access to mods on Steam Workshop require the Steam Client to subscribe and the Steam version of the game to get the download going. Without the Steam version of the game you can "subscribe" any mod but the client won't download them.

Well, that's a shame. I have the Steam Client however I pre-ordered the game from GOG and don't intend to purchase it again.
I really wanted to play this mod but looks like I have to stick with the mods that the creator has made a download for Nexum or something else.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Nice mod, has some interesting boss fights and secrets. Took me 10:20 to finish and find everything (22/22 secrets, 5/5 treasures).

Yet here are some nitpicks:
- all tombstones show their backside so any inscription that might be there can't be read
- some secrets are required(!) to progress further which makes no sense
- food is a bit scarce; some fish/warg respawns might help
- the empty alcoves in the relic vault imply that all 6 parts of the valor set are around but it seems the shield is missing

About the first fight with Prince Alric: it might take the party a really long time but this fight can be won. I guess i spend over an hour whittling him down. If your intention is to have the player run from him i can think of a much better way then giving him several ten thousand health: let him heal back up to full once the player managed to deal more than 100 damage. In addition some HUD text might be of help. This way the player can tell very quick that he is not supposed to fight this fight.
Echoplex

Post by Echoplex »

Hey Dr.Disaster, thanks for the feedback.
Yet here are some nitpicks:
- all tombstones show their backside so any inscription that might be there can't be read Good Catch! Actually this was intended as I wanted them unmarked. If you face them correctly then you have an empty chat bubble.
- some secrets are required(!) to progress further which makes no sense I can only think of one area in particular that would require you to use your noodle and that was for one of the gems in the first level of the castle. I specifically tried to avoid this issue as I found it extremely annoying in the main campaign. Sorry you felt otherwise, I thought for the most part puzzles were NOT required.
- food is a bit scarce; some fish/warg respawns might help So I didnt anticipate players seeking out all the secrets. Ive recieved feedback for lack of food due to players spending more time than what was intended. I may end up adding food to some of the scarcer secrets to compensate you for the time spent. Thanks
- the empty alcoves in the relic vault imply that all 6 parts of the valor set are around but it seems the shield is missing So this is the second time someone brought this up and Im going to address it shortly. Basically there was a set of armor in there but then was moved to Joseph's tomb. I can see it adds confusion and it will be cleared up, thanks for the feedback.
About the first fight with Prince Alric: it might take the party a really long time but this fight can be won. I guess i spend over an hour whittling him down. If your intention is to have the player run from him i can think of a much better way then giving him several ten thousand health: let him heal back up to full once the player managed to deal more than 100 damage. In addition some HUD text might be of help. This way the player can tell very quick that he is not supposed to fight this fight.
I agree a self heal would probably be a better solution. I thought it was clear as it was stated in a nearby note they are powerful and should be avoided as well as a plaque indicating the solution to your predicament. Ill see about adjusting, thanks.

At any rate congratulations on finishing and seeking out all the secrets!
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Pale moon catacomb bug - after picking brass door, door closed and fight begins. when kill ghould door opened. When I palced something in the alcove and pick it door close again, which make you stucked forever.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Echoplex

Post by Echoplex »

Drakkan wrote:Pale moon catacomb bug - after picking brass door, door closed and fight begins. when kill ghould door opened. When I palced something in the alcove and pick it door close again, which make you stucked forever.
Hi Drakkan,

Thanks for commenting. Could you please maybe clear that up and be more specific with the events that cause the issue? I checked the editor and reviewed the catacombs specifically brass key doors. I don't see any place with an alcove that would trigger any functionality you're describing. Thanks
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Echoplex wrote:
Drakkan wrote:Pale moon catacomb bug - after picking brass door, door closed and fight begins. when kill ghould door opened. When I palced something in the alcove and pick it door close again, which make you stucked forever.
Hi Drakkan,

Thanks for commenting. Could you please maybe clear that up and be more specific with the events that cause the issue? I checked the editor and reviewed the catacombs specifically brass key doors. I don't see any place with an alcove that would trigger any functionality you're describing. Thanks
Hi, if I remember correctly - I placed rock in the alcove, picked up the brass key. Killed the ghoul. Picked up the rock. Door closed, no way to open it cause ghoul was dead already.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis