Komag's One Room Round Robin 3 Blind Playthrough

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Pompidom

Re: Komag's One Room Round Robin 3 Blind Playthrough

Post by Pompidom »

We can't all be blessed with patience and time :D
Especially when I can't find the solution in a room that I personally don't enjoy. Especially when I'm not in a good mood! Sorry!

My save file is now 8 hours in and I cleared 11 rooms. But I'm stuck now with the "twisted forest" rooms.
Hearing Komag play is basically the same as playing the mod. I guess that's why twitch streams are so popular these days :)

Just keep doing what you're doing Komag, it's appreciated. The hoarding of burned out torches is maybe a bit too much ;)
THOM

Post by THOM »

Oh, Komag. I feel really bad for confusing you so much with my comment.

minmay is right - I just wanted to draw your attention to having not finished all rooms you've visited.

Now you can stop hitting all that thickets...
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Komag

Post by Komag »

Haha, too funny, thanks guys!

Part 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhJYDqxWBKA
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
minmay

Post by minmay »

THOM wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:49 pm
Pompidom wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:37 pm I just rush through as fast as I can :)
...and then rail against your experience in the public...
Pompidom took the time to give specific and detailed criticism of the mod, and to keep playing it for a while in spite of the poor first impression it made. Personally, I'm grateful for it.

Aaaaanyway, fun fact about those breakable twigs that are on the same square as trees and other obstacles: saving and loading the game will change the order of the obstacles on the square, so you can break the first stage of the twigs, then save and reload, and then the game will let you break the second stage.

I like how you were surprised that Azel's room didn't lock you in, you really got conditioned by THOM's rooms!

You don't need to leave empty spaces in the alchemist's inventory; herbs grow into empty slots if empty slots are available (which is quite annoying), but if there aren't empty slots, they will simply increase the size of the existing stack.

And you finally looked at your trait tabs, thank you!
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

Isn't the skullcleave better than the machete? (It looks like you sometimes don't use a weapon when you see a red "requires ..." in its tooltip, but those are often only for the special secondary attack)
Komag

Post by Komag »

minmay

Post by minmay »

Backbiter and Venom Edge are indeed daggers, you can safely assume that any dexterity-based light weapon is a dagger, and any other weapon is not a dagger.

You can safely drop your spell scrolls; there's no use whatsoever for them after you've found them. You're right that we should've given them some kind of tome-of-health-like consumable bonus to prevent players hoarding them, sadly none of us were smart enough game designers to think of that.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Komag

Post by Komag »

Racial food?! I'll have to try that, thanks.

And minmay, I THINK I can sense biting sarcasm through the interwebs, but I'm not always right. ;)