[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
marten_1992

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by marten_1992 »

the one you are looking for is on rocky coast, be careful with ur answers there, you might miss an item ...
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

ene wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:16 am
bongobeat wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:21 pm New version is up:
Full change details is on the nexus.

I've slightly reduced bonus of most mid and ending item.
I was thinking about this the other day, too much xp, stuff, etc.. The amount of xp you get in Pirate bastion (by exchanging epics items, weapons..) is insane. I don't mind the goodies, well why not, But i mean 50000, 150000, 200000xp, i honestly think it's beyond ridiculous. I don't want to sound rude (my english is so limited), but while the idea is interesting, that spoils the fun aterwards (i honestly think)

I mean I easily earnt about 10 levels here (and yet haven't found everything)

I realize that would be lot of work still - and that it's no easy task to do in anyway.

the door is just on the left.
bongobeat wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:21 pm
SpoilerShow
xaafi temple
which level? I only missed 2 secrets in underground since i only found a tiny area there (the riddle with the bow)

Also,

the power gem in the far south west..

then you have these 2 messages..

Is the the 1st one related to the sword near the forcefield? (at the top)?

@2nd message, i'd obviously think about some kind of fish, but no alcove around? pretty confusing if you ask me (but nobody does)
Well, its not particullary hard work, I can just remove the last digit of the amount of xp, like if you actually got 100k xp for a sword, you will then get only 10k, etc.. etc..

But a small question: if you think it's overpowered or too much xp, why don't you keep the item in your inventory, and never sacrifice them? Or at least not all of them. I made the possibility, but I thought that players who didn't want that it became too easy with the xp, wouldn't sacrifice all of them. That way you won't have lots of xp, and no bonus items.

Yes, it is there where you put the item.
That item is in xaafi temple, antichamber of Xar.

That gem is related to the sword in the surface, and the first wall text too.

The other wall text is related to an item that you can equip, it is not a fish, and to be put on the nearest pedestal. (not sure if it is a pedestal or an altar, but anyway, the support is close to the walltext)
2498billb wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:37 pm Hi stuck again
I have the book Obanyon, don't know who to see to open it as it asked for an educated man familiar with the runes, also I visited the Glacier Caves and found entrance into Obanyon but need a key to enter here somehow. Any help welcome.
You have to take that book to a lonely man, near the ocean.
He is
SpoilerShow
not far from mount khand
fairydude wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:03 pm Can I just sell the gems like Topaz/Adventurine or do I keep them for npcs/potions in the future? SInce I've seen letters/books mentioning that selling them to the dwarfs might be good or to use them in potions. (will probably keep 1 copy of all of them, just incase)

I have like 2 boxes full of gems that I just carry around with me all the time because I'm not sure what to do with them.

E: And as long as I haven't found the 2nd jean bart key, I have no reason to sell the rings, seeing as they are probably involved in a puzzle, too.
If you're in need of money, you can sell some of them. Note that it can only be sold in mount khand.
Otherwise, you may keep them, because later they will be of use to craft some potions.
Hum, If I am not mistaken, the rings of jean bart cannot be sold. There are destroyed each time you put one on the altar.
But they are not involved in any puzzle.
marten_1992 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:13 am a few more questions ....
in xaafi temple I am trying to get the mirror from under the turning statue but no iudea how to do that ..
read about lake rhun but never found a map labelled that way !? the argenite gem I have already found, it s supposed to be used there somewhere ? same is valid for the captain s key !? still have it in my inventory ...
am I right assuming that rocky coast map is only a very small area !?
still no luck with the battlehammer, dug nearly everywhere in deadmarch but no chest
can anything be done with the Tannhäuser Tor ?
the xaafi temple map is great and quite spooky with all these priests
currently I am trying to get into that crypt to be well prepared for the drakenland, is it worth that ?
one more, in obanyon I am stuck again, disabeling force fields did not work and I cannot open that - touched by darkness - door
one or two hints would be great
might have found a bug in blue mountains, there s a railing in the NW I can pass, the I fall down and cannot leave that field anymore, did I overlook something ??
For the mirror, you have to figure where it will be, when you walk around the statue, then click on the right area (the mirror is always hidden).
Arganite gem is used to open the entrance door in lake rhun, the door just next isle of rhun.
Also, a key is needed, which is in a secret in pirate bastion.

The captain key is for the next part, after the door.

Yes, rocky coast is a very small level, only there for a small shop with unique items and the NPC related to a few quests.

The chest coordinate are:
SpoilerShow
17,10, north of the outside fortress
The treasure map is in the underground of the fortress, under the pit puzzle. Behind the teleport.

I don't understand what you mean by tannhauser tor.

In the crypt (tannhauser's I assume), is the equipment of the dead hero, which grants debuff immunity for the character who wear all set, for the ending boss. The amulet is unique and prevent any curse, also its sword do more damage against undeads.
I can't say if it is recommended, but it can help. It depend of your "combat" skill in general, if you really need additional protection. Anyway I made the set specially for the ending boss fight.

Do you mean the door next to the entrance stairs where you get a success? If yes, you have to cast
SpoilerShow
the darkness spell in front of the closed door.
If not I don't remember something about another darkness door, can you be more specific, in which level?

That's corrected now, I forgot to put a "blocker" there, also there is another area on the map, where it is the same issue, this one is more near on the way of the closed pass, that's after the boss area.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
ene

Post by ene »

bongobeat wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:47 am But a small question: if you think it's overpowered or too much xp, why don't you keep the item in your inventory, and never sacrifice them? Or at least not all of them. I made the possibility, but I thought that players who didn't want that it became too easy with the xp, wouldn't sacrifice all of them. That way you won't have lots of xp, and no bonus items.
i kind of agree, but hey, you have offered the player to swap item against xp.. so i follow the rules. I actually think it's a good idea, but what i'm just saying is that the amount of xp you obtain in exchange is disproportionate.

You could keep the same amount of xp if you want , but why not against 5,6, 7 or even more epic items?
The other solution would indeed to reduce the gain.

Just my though. I don't want to impose anything, but please at least consider my suggestion. For me, this part ruins the fun afterwards, you become something like a semi-god.

Of course, I could also ignore the process, yeah, but it's just that.. in some other hand i can't help myself to give everything :lol: this is beyond my will :D
bongobeat wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:47 am Yes, it is there where you put the item.
That item is in xaafi temple, antichamber of Xar.

gem of the architecte? no! I thought i put everything in the alcove? I found all the secrets in xaffi.. another gem perharps?
bongobeat wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:47 am The other wall text is related to an item that you can equip, it is not a fish, and to be put on the nearest pedestal. (not sure if it is a pedestal or an altar, but anyway, the support is close to the walltext)
hmm, seen, thanks, will check that out
ene

Post by ene »

I think i did eveything i could by my own in obanyon, but i'm afraid i have reached my limits :cry:

this temple is very very hard i think (yet very interesting, too).

Anyway..

I think i have at least 2 survival key (perharps 3). I saw that you need 4 or them to open a certain door.

1) In, level 2, NE, I just don't know what to do to disable this forcefield (with a key inside)..
Is it related to the 'Sky is my kingdom' riddle? (i found a fake wall nearby)

2) still in level 2, in the south i found a vault key, but I don't know where to use it. Also, what does the 'Blocking bars' button do? Which level is it needed for?

3) in Obanyon Deep, again a button mentionning the vault (it disables its forcefield).. but i don't see where the vault area could be?

this area is very demanding, nervoulsly-wise, i've been there for 3 days. So far, only found 4/6 secrets in core, 3/5 in level 1, 1/2 in level 2, 1/3 in deep

i'd very like to end it now, by far the most difficult part of the game for me (even regarding the secrets)

I'm sure i forgot a lot but would be great to have these answers already
ene

Post by ene »

marten_1992 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:13 am one more, in obanyon I am stuck again, disabeling force fields did not work and I cannot open that - touched by darkness - door
one or two hints would be great
might have found a bug in blue mountains, there s a railing in the NW I can pass, the I fall down and cannot leave that field anymore, did I overlook something ??
do you mean the door near the 'Victory leads to hope...' riddle ? (talks about darkness too)

If so, look at the ground, and click only on the 2 black buttons (just before the door)..

EDIT-- oh, is it about the forcefield? sorry :mrgreen: it is disabled from the the other side (with a switch), coming from level 1 through some stairs. This forcefield bothered me a lot too, but it's just that simple in the end

The blue montain level is meant to be removed, if i'm not mistaken
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

ene wrote:
ene wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:21 pm
gem of the architecte? no! I thought i put everything in the alcove? I found all the secrets in xaffi.. another gem perharps?
No, I mean the power gem, aren't you talking about the power gem in the south west corner?
That power gem is related to the sword, I mean you have to use
SpoilerShow
the sword somewhere to get the gem.

ene wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:49 pm I think i did eveything i could by my own in obanyon, but i'm afraid i have reached my limits :cry:

this temple is very very hard i think (yet very interesting, too).

Anyway..

I think i have at least 2 survival key (perharps 3). I saw that you need 4 or them to open a certain door.

1) In, level 2, NE, I just don't know what to do to disable this forcefield (with a key inside)..
Is it related to the 'Sky is my kingdom' riddle? (i found a fake wall nearby)

2) still in level 2, in the south i found a vault key, but I don't know where to use it. Also, what does the 'Blocking bars' button do? Which level is it needed for?

3) in Obanyon Deep, again a button mentionning the vault (it disables its forcefield).. but i don't see where the vault area could be?

this area is very demanding, nervoulsly-wise, i've been there for 3 days. So far, only found 4/6 secrets in core, 3/5 in level 1, 1/2 in level 2, 1/3 in deep

i'd very like to end it now, by far the most difficult part of the game for me (even regarding the secrets)

I'm sure i forgot a lot but would be great to have these answers already
1) Yes that's the thing with the lightning bolt on the "rainbow" console nearby the wall text, that seems to be not working with the lightning bolt. You can try to throw a shock bomb if the lightning bolt don't work or use that console command to disable the force field:
SpoilerShow

Code: Select all

obanyon_force_field_27.controller:deactivate()
The fake wall is a secret.

2) Well, vault key is for the vault. Keep searching for it. But first of all, you will need to disable the vault forcefield too. That's the forcefield you mentionned in your 3)
"Blockings bars" are the doors that are "randomly" closing/opening themselves. That button open them forever.

3) That button will disable the forcefield vault, now you just need to find the vault.

Secrets: for the first levels, I can't realy tell, but for the deep, I suppose you have found the unique waterfountain. The 2 last secrets are in
SpoilerShow
the survival chambers.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
ene

Post by ene »

bongobeat wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:00 pm No, I mean the power gem, aren't you talking about the power gem in the south west corner?
That power gem is related to the sword, I mean you have to use
SpoilerShow
the sword somewhere to get the gem.
I did use that sword.. hmm, probably not in the right place. I think i tried that alcove in the sw corner. Wrting this down, ty
bongobeat wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:00 pm 1) Yes that's the thing with the lightning bolt on the "rainbow" console nearby the wall text, that seems to be not working with the lightning bolt. You can try to throw a shock bomb if the lightning bolt don't work or use that console command to disable the force field:
SpoilerShow

Code: Select all

obanyon_force_field_27.controller:deactivate()
I'm pretty sure that i did disable this forcefield, maybe by throwing a bomb, casting a spell towards the console, so i mean maybe i didn't dream in the end, was not my fault :P how am i supposing to escape a buggy temple in the 1st place? :lol: :D

cheers for the code. I can confirm something is wrong with the script then

EDIT... If it has to be lightning bolt only, then the script is ok, it works fine (i didn't think about that spell tbh, when i was casting about everything :| ) but, [greater] lightning bomb doesn't work, that's for sure
[/edit...]

bongobeat wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:00 pm "Blockings bars" are the doors that are "randomly" closing/opening themselves. That button open them forever.
oohh thanks thanhs :lol: 1st thing i'm gonna do for sure.. wish i knew this before

bongobeat wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:00 pm 3) That button will disable the forcefield vault, now you just need to find the vault.

Secrets: for the first levels, I can't realy tell, but for the deep, I suppose you have found the unique waterfountain. The 2 last secrets are in
SpoilerShow
the survival chambers.
ahh.. ok i have 3 survival keys.

5/6 secret in l1 now with the armor key. Also found an 'unidentified item'.. pff this is hard, i don't see the end of it
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

thx bongobeat :D
that indeed did help me a lot, found the battlehammer finally, unfortunately I am still missing the moonstone, mixed it with gem of the moon, will keep looking
the airship is only a faster way of transportation to skycity I think !?
in the western rhun island map there s an invisible rock, that s supposed to be that way ??
and I am not able to follow the den of thieves quest, talked to the rat in the palace and got the hint from the ogre about nightly activities but though I did wait in different places through the night nothing happened, did I miss something ?
will the intendant s office be reacheable later in the game ?
thx again for making this great mod bongobeat :D :D :D
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
ene

Post by ene »

hhm peharps i can give my 2 cents here..

the airship is just another way to get to sky city (i think the teleporter is just fine, though)
Rhun island? i'm guessing you talk about the way to access rhun island west? (by chopping plants)?
den of thieves, after you talked to the ogre..
SpoilerShow
go to the warehouse shop, once upstairs, turn left, go to the far end, left again, someone should show up there. Note that after this meeting you will still need to find 2 more people

i'm utterly stuck in obanyon, i really don't know what went wrong? I checked all places again but strugglling to find the vault area :oops: i have disabled the forcefield in 'Deep' but no way for me to find the place.

Perharps i found it but didn't notice for some reason?

in Core, near the magic stones, a secret nearby, but don't how to reveal it.. With the magic stones again peharps? or not at all?

In level 1, 2 secrets in this area.. for the life of me, i'm not able to reach either of these :oops: :cry:

What are we supposed to do with the control device and the explosives?

I found 3 survival keys at first but managed to lost 1 :| now only 2 left, things are getting better & better,i am doomed here forever i think

ah yes, something to do with the head saying (roughly) 'fatality or you have missed something' ?

And finally, still in l1, nw, can't find the key for this corridor. It says in the corner area, but no, ccliclclickclick gives nothing (okok i also tried other stuff), utterly depressed i shall say

it can't be that difficult in the end, there's something i should but cannot see. can't say i'm proud of my journey so far
ene

Post by ene »

it seems in the end i only found 2 survival key. I reload an old save, only seeking keys in obanyon..

- 4 (or 3) treasures keys
- 3 engraved keys
- 2 survival keys
- 1 vault key

s.ks that i found:
SpoilerShow
level 2, in the long corridor with the beam lasers, 'core', southpart, in the little room with cross-like shape
I realise that i need the 4x survival keys to access the vault, but was able to find only 2 of them it seems (was convinced to have found at least 3).

hmhm, very average in the end