[MOD] Journey To Justice v2.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
THOM

Re: [MOD] Journey To Justice v1.5

Post by THOM »

Oh ha - thank you. I will correct both of this issues with the next update I'm currently working on.
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by RacerX »

Great...

In regards to the throwing weapons issue, I think you need to look at throwing weapons and magic range weapons. It does strange different things on both ends of the corridor.
THOM

Post by THOM »

That's because there are invisible teleporters for the main puzzle of the level. But they don't have to teleport items - just spells.

If you cast a fireball at the same spots you will have a similar effect on the party...

Post by RacerX »

The fireball test

https://imgur.com/a/mm4Iu42

At the beginning of test just up from the ladder the fireball goes straight and then turns at the first corner to hit the slimes. it does not go south and off on a crazy path of rights. However, at the end of the testing the fireball makes a sharp right turn. So there is an inconsistency, This is key. There are only three squares affected the two at the corners and the one to the corridor south. The first one at the north is not affected because it goes straight at first. Also the fireball that goes all the way around to the north. does not turn into the corner into an endless loop it goes north.

The rule for the three appears to be it always turns right.
It stops at the northern most point because it can't turn right.
it stops at the southern most point it can't turn right again.

The fireball is the best to test to see the results, throwing weapons also turn right just not as far.
THOM

Post by THOM »

I'm not sure if I understand what you want to tell me.

There is an issue with that teleporters? Regarding items: yes.
There is a bug in the blob-spell puzzle? There is none. But it's quite complicate (and absolutely optional, by the way).

But I'm afraid, you have to explain a bit more, how I can help you.

Post by RacerX »

Ok

Archive of Wizardry

With this test was trying to understand the scope of the throwing weapons issue. The fireball reveled quite a lot.

If you move to the farthest east pathway and go north there is a ladder with an invisible bridge for the second upper level. If you move up the ladder the walk north one square you will see the blue button and to the right the path to the secret area with the 3 blobs. Lets call this Spot Exhibit A. Then to the east and you will see the corner that I had problems with throwing weapons. Lets call this spot Exhibit B. At this corner turn right and go south, the are three blobs. At the Corner we will call this Exhibit C. Turn right and pickup the crystal shard of healing. Move forward until you just before the intersection that you started on but up a level. This is Exhibit D. Move forward to the intersection and the bridge is gone so go two spaces west and then two spaces north there is another ladder with a secret bridge. Move south on the bridge one square there is a wall two spaces ahead. Lets call this Exhibit E. Shoot a fireball surprising it makes a left turn and then goes all the way to Exhibit C and it comes right back and explodes right before Exhibit E. When you are on Exhibit E and shoot a fireball to the west it explodes on that spot in your face.

From my fireball test
Lets start with Exhibit A it's fine
Then Exhibit B the corner with the throwing weapons issue. That not really the issue it moves the objects to the right around the corner.
Then Exhibit C it moves the fireball around the corner right and then at Exhibit D right around the corner again til it ends up at the North end of the path
Then Exhibit D it moves all objects to the right from both sides.

Exhibit A and Exhibit D look the same (Intersection) but in function they are very different. If you go up the other ladder to the upper level just south of Exhibit D the fireball will make a right turn and go south on the path till it ends.

Exhibit E turns left and and interacts with Exhibit C and it brings it right back.

Fireballs, throwing weapons, and even guns do not move around corners but they do at Exhibit B, Exhibit C, Exhibit D. Exhibit E
It's a bug..
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

A new throwing weapons bug. This time in Plunder Village.

https://imgur.com/a/0gSJJkx
THOM

Post by THOM »

Ah yes, this was a tricky one. Some of the custom wall-objects came with an useless ProjectileCollider component. Is fixed now.

You seem to make heavy use of throwing weapons...

Post by RacerX »

new bugs in thunder village

https://imgur.com/a/iUMm8dC
THOM

Post by THOM »

The two first issues came fom the same problem you have already reported.

The last one came from a remaining mistake made with the model of an invisible wall. Fixed now. Thanks for finding this!