[MOD] - The Butcher of Many + LVL1 Walkthrough

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
zdenekhoub

Re: [MOD] - The Butcher of Many - Updated to v1.1!

Post by zdenekhoub »

lefthome wrote:Thanks for the info! I finally made my way down to the butcher's level. I haven't entered the final tomb yet. Just a few more questions.
SpoilerShow
Is there 9 skulls in the game? I've only managed to collect 7! I'm backtracking now but have had no luck. Bones count? Is there bones around?
No there are 8 skulls if I remember. But you can feed the demons head with bones also. One is close behind the secret wall one is in the kennel it the first forest. The rest may be in prison cells if I recall.
SpoilerShow
Is there any purpose to the garbage pit/well near the Toad Queen's altar in the sewers? It looks like there is a passage connected to it, but I cannot reach it as it is higher than the bottom of the watery pit.
No this was made just for the logic that Green Queen had some way to reach the sewers by the aqua passage you saw and not just lived there between empty walls. She could swim outside to some lake (not in the mod) from which the water is coming to the sewers. But you can't reach the passage from you side of the water pit.
SpoilerShow
I used some charges on the wand against those Fire Elementals. Was there a more strategic approach to killing them? I'm sure the pit with the spikes played into it somehow, but I kept falling in and they kept healing themselves above.
Any freezing spell or freeze bomb will kill them relatively easy. The pit is there to protect the tomb of the mage and also for the player so you can heal yourself in this encounter without too much stress from fire elementals.

I would love to see a fully annotated map after, just to see how much I missed. This mod is chock full of secrets it seems.
Yes it is :) the map will be in the walkthrough I will made one day, stay tuned ;)
matuto

Post by matuto »

Thanks again Zdenek. OK, I will refrain and go back to the other areas before facing the Butcher. I have already been at the cemetery, put the potions on the tables and found out the button on the wall. But the demon head "fires" me. What am I missing ? And where is the table to put the ogre and skeleton figurines ?
I have a lot of amulets and don't know if got that one lost by the thief in the sewers. What is the amulet's name (the one which makes the Butcher visible - let me guess: the Bone Amulet) ? And now, the main issue: what about the forest, the stone guardians and the venon cave ? After which event shall I have access to them, how and where ? I really wish to proceed. Many thanks.
zdenekhoub

Post by zdenekhoub »

matuto wrote:Thanks again Zdenek. OK, I will refrain and go back to the other areas before facing the Butcher. I have already been at the cemetery, put the potions on the tables and found out the button on the wall. But the demon head "fires" me. What am I missing ? And where is the table to put the ogre and skeleton figurines ?
I have a lot of amulets and don't know if got that one lost by the thief in the sewers. What is the amulet's name (the one which makes the Butcher visible - let me guess: the Bone Amulet) ? And now, the main issue: what about the forest, the stone guardians and the venon cave ? After which event shall I have access to them, how and where ? I really wish to proceed. Many thanks.
I guess u put on the altar normal potions not the small version of them. The small version is the one you will get when starting the mod.

Ogre and skeleton figurines - there are more of this riddles in the mod but if I remember - any of them does not use ogre+skeleton combination. So you keep these two figures for later. You will use them in combination with some other figurines you will find to get some reward.

The amulet's name is Warding glyph of Rae and you can't find it. It was lost long time ago when the thief dropped it into sewer waters.

You can go to the Cave of Poison after you open its secret passage which is located in the prison of Northern Keep. There is a keyhole close to the Spell Hold entrance. And the key for it is in the Old sewers - in the place you have to kill the Crab (under the broken bridge). There is a torso of some poor guard which was eaten by the crab and among his stuff on the ground lies the key to the Cave of Poison.
matuto

Post by matuto »

Thanks a lot. I figured out the problem with the tables at the cemetery. What has confused me was the fact that the table near the demon head glows in blue and the other, near the funeral entrance, shines red. I've put both small red and blue potions on the first one and voilà ! The red table receives the figures (skeleton and pffffff ice_guardian, impossible to wonder). Voilà again. Man, just trial and error. Please give best hints and clues. But that's ok. Now I will search the key and head to the prison. Thank you so much.
zdenekhoub

Post by zdenekhoub »

matuto wrote:Thanks a lot. I figured out the problem with the tables at the cemetery. What has confused me was the fact that the table near the demon head glows in blue and the other, near the funeral entrance, shines red. I've put both small red and blue potions on the first one and voilà ! The red table receives the figures (skeleton and pffffff ice_guardian, impossible to wonder). Voilà again. Man, just trial and error. Please give best hints and clues. But that's ok. Now I will search the key and head to the prison. Thank you so much.
Aaah I see... one table glows blue that's right but the other one glows purple on my monitor not red :) Not pickable Skeleton and Ice Guardian figurines are right under the very same table as a hint what figures must be put on this table :) You are welcome, now kill the Butcher and thank you too!
zdenekhoub

Post by zdenekhoub »

zdenekhoub wrote:
matuto wrote:Thanks a lot. I figured out the problem with the tables at the cemetery. What has confused me was the fact that the table near the demon head glows in blue and the other, near the funeral entrance, shines red. I've put both small red and blue potions on the first one and voilà ! The red table receives the figures (skeleton and pffffff ice_guardian, impossible to wonder). Voilà again. Man, just trial and error. Please give best hints and clues. But that's ok. Now I will search the key and head to the prison. Thank you so much.
Aaah I see... one table glows blue that's right but the other one glows purple on my monitor not red :) Not pickable Skeleton and Ice Guardian figurines are right under the very same table as a hint what figures must be put on this table. You are welcome and thank you too, now it's time to kill the Butcher!
matuto

Post by matuto »

Ooops, prison ? Spell Hold ? Lost again. Please locate me in the maps. Thanks.
zdenekhoub

Post by zdenekhoub »

matuto wrote:Ooops, prison ? Spell Hold ? Lost again. Please locate me in the maps. Thanks.
Prison is located in the Northern Keep map, close to the door you have entered the Keep with the golden key. There is a sign on the wall "Prison Cells" and Spell Hold is at the end of this prison where a mage is held.
matuto

Post by matuto »

Hi Zdenek, a very interesting issue - I managed to recover the staff at the earth temple, first it worked when I tested it but did not work during the battle with the earth elements. The mouse attack button pressed did not bring its special desintegrate attack. I use an old windows xp sp3 machine to play all LG1 and 2 mods, everything runs well with low settings. This time all sets low with music and sounds off. I even removed the torches thinking about the frames. No way. So I spawned some ancient claymores and bingo. They worked to bash the earth elements. Any technical explanation would be appreciated. By the way, can't figure out how to put the near chest down. Maybe it is just scenary ... I will go back to the cave with the earth essence but don't know what to do next.
zdenekhoub

Post by zdenekhoub »

matuto wrote:Hi Zdenek, a very interesting issue - I managed to recover the staff at the earth temple, first it worked when I tested it but did not work during the battle with the earth elements. The mouse attack button pressed did not bring its special desintegrate attack. I use an old windows xp sp3 machine to play all LG1 and 2 mods, everything runs well with low settings. This time all sets low with music and sounds off. I even removed the torches thinking about the frames. No way. So I spawned some ancient claymores and bingo. They worked to bash the earth elements. Any technical explanation would be appreciated. By the way, can't figure out how to put the near chest down. Maybe it is just scenary ... I will go back to the cave with the earth essence but don't know what to do next.
Hello matuto, the chest can be brought down to pick up your reward - look for the lever quite hidden in the mushrooms under the forest statue nearby.
The staff has only very few attacks and you must then refill its powers with crystal. The Elementals are VERY tough to be beaten by normal fight (they have 999 hit points). Best way is to use the staff and then recharge it. It is a best move to do.
Last edited by zdenekhoub on Tue May 02, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.