The Crack of Doom Version 1.01 is Live

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
gylippos

Re: The Crack of Doom Version 1.01 is Live

Post by gylippos »

I too would like to attempt this. If you still visit here, could you please upload it to Nexus again. I didn't know that they got deleted.
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

Found mod!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qyYFEK ... JgLVH/view

Click blue-button 2 times.
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

Is someone playing it or finished it?
Badgert

Post by Badgert »

The mod is very good and very heavy!
On the Internet you can find a video of its passage.
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

I passed this mod on HARD mode and with a new group starting at level 1. The hardest in terms of combat I've played in a long time.

Total time: 28:50 hours (actually I think it was much more with the times I had to reload the game after dying, I'm the kind of person who forgets to save the game often).

Secrets: 70/80
Epic items: 21/23
Treasures: 4/5

I won't play it again because it's too long and hard (maybe in a few months), but if the creator puts a guide showing where are all the secrets, treasures and epic items I would look for the ones I missed from a saved game in the last level. Very nice new textures, new monsters and music.

Sadly, my biggest jam in the game was not because of a combat or a puzzle, it was in the level 650ft south, when killing a monster on an aerial magic platform a key fell and the key was not seen because it was TOTALLY camouflaged with the edge of that platform that was brown. I was stuck in that level not knowing what to do for 4 or 5 hours and thinking that the mod was bugged. By chance by clicking desperately the key appeared on the cursor, because I suspected that in that area should be the key because it was a strongly defended and hidden place. To prevent these things from happening it would be better if the really important objects were in chests, pedestals or niches, never in monsters that drop an object when they die.

I also got stuck a lot in mazes in levels that are several levels deep (water + three floors), I think I have a bad sense of direction in this kind of levels.

P.S.: With a lot of patience I killed absolutely all the monsters in all the levels, except for the spawns :D

Thank you very much for creating this mod!
Last edited by DonEmilio on Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

Upon further research I discovered:

Secrets: 80/80
Treasures: 5/5
Epic items: 23/23
Skulls: 12

Mission accomplished.

Creating gamplay of the whole mod on hard with all the secrets:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... KqnZqA9q1o
Scherer

Post by Scherer »

Really enjoying this one, although it gets really rough later on. If you don't mind
  • fighting 3 fire golems at once,
    fighting evil magicians plus 20 other monsters in one room (4x in one level),
    20 ogres in one level,
    starving crew members for hours because you won't find any food for 6-8 levels in a row.
    grinding for hours and hours
this one's probably for you.

I had to take breaks from this dungeon from time to time, because it got really frustrating.

On the pro side it has very nice level designs (although the first levels had been totally linear, later it gets more open), new monsters, epic fights and looots of gameplay.