The Crack of Doom Version 1.01 is Live

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
ByFstugan

Re: The Crack of Doom Version 1.01 is Live

Post by ByFstugan »

@ 700ft - Snake Charmers Altar - I'm stuck there, got no snake stuff (if I had I thrown them away I have no idea where). Is there a solution here that doesn't involve me to go back to all levels above and search all areas for crap?
Lord_Foul

Post by Lord_Foul »

re snake charmer altar
SpoilerShow
this requires the flute located on that map. Flute is uptop in area requiring 3 brass keys to open -- this area also leads down to the rainbow furnace.
ByFstugan

Post by ByFstugan »

Lord_Foul wrote:re snake charmer altar
SpoilerShow
this requires the flute located on that map. Flute is uptop in area requiring 3 brass keys to open -- this area also leads down to the rainbow furnace.
Nice... thx for a really fast answer... I got the keys... I bet I just missed the keyholes... I guess they are in the area where you teleport in then? EDIT: Yes, they were ^^
ByFstugan

Post by ByFstugan »

Hmm... I got the Power Gem, but don't get what to do with it or the Rainbow Furnace... I've opened all four gates, but what are the shelfs for? Also, I took the flute with me after taking the gem, does that ruin something or is it just unnecessary (or can I use it more)?

EDIT #1: I first asked how to get "The Golden Fleece" here aswell as what the "blue glowing button" was for since I didn't see any use for it first. Evidently since there where no sound or graphical indication that you switched something on or off I clicked it the first times just back AND FORTH before I was lucky to leave it in the "closed trapdoors" position. There should be a sound and preferly also a graphical indication that you've pushed it (as a lever down show you it's been triggered). Also, since the button and the trapdoors are so very far away from eachother there should be a sign giving a hint to what the button triggers.
Just something to think about.

EDIT #2:
I found another person asking about this and saw the solution. I think this also is something that should have had some sign giving a hint to it. The signs that were there ("Rainbow furnace") indicated something with different colors or something with fire - instead the solution was same color and ice. The tapestry isn't something one often think has meaning, since it usally doesn't.

EDIT #1b:
I just realized the tapestry was the clue here - I must pay more attention to those it seems :p

BTW... I loved the giant knight with maces, whatever you call them - nicelly done :)
ByFstugan

Post by ByFstugan »

@ 800ft - The "House of Fables" - a VERY good riddle with a supernice graphical solution :D
Lord_Foul

Post by Lord_Foul »

edit#1

the fleece is not required in any way for game completion. the lack of sound etc is part of the difficulty in aquiring this very powerful item. Most puzzly stuff in COD is for extra goodies.
SpoilerShow
in the case of the fleece a visual puzzle is used. An ancient greece style tapestry depicting the fleece itself is located near the fleece and next to the button to get at the fleece. These are the only 2 instances of that tapestry in all of COD.
SpoilerShow
Only 2 puzzles in the entire dungeon prevent progression one at 100ft and the other on the final level b4 pope doom.
as for the rest it seems you have hammered through it so bravo
and i hope you had many hours of fun:)
ByFstugan

Post by ByFstugan »

Lord_Foul wrote:as for the rest it seems you have hammered through it so bravo
and i hope you had many hours of fun:)
Is pope Doom the final boss? I'm there now. It's silly hard :o :o

Is it forever spawning or is it an end to it? I managed to kill the etherals, some Minotaurs and now the Pope came with a bounch of snakes-in-robes, medusas and some flying things. VERY hard not to get trapped. I took a brake because I couldn't handle the pressure :shock:

EDIT:
SpoilerShow
I just saw a youtube-video of the end and realized there was a stair that one might use to hide at... then I at least can make more potions without having to run and fight at the same time :P
EDIT #2:
SpoilerShow
I just realized that you can kill the end boss by jumping in his head and so finish the game - isn't it possible to make the squares where that is possible to be "forbidden squares" for Mr. Doom to walk on so that exploit isn't possible?
EDIT #3: It seems as the spawn of new monsters stopped after a while, but for a bit I had like 15 "Master of the Island" and ALOT other critter :o
ukdouble1

Post by ukdouble1 »

On the third level (45 feet), I felt myself stupid. I cant solve anyone puzzle. I cant open "equipment" chest, cant lower the grate in front of the one-eyed monster and cant enter into the center of the crystal garden. Maybe, I dont understand how to use a pick-axe. Perhaps the solution is on another level?
Lord_Foul

Post by Lord_Foul »

hey m8
zip file contains a txt file with hints etc
read when needed.
no spoilers in that file.
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

Lord_Foul wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:09 am hey m8
zip file contains a txt file with hints etc