[Open / Signup] One Room Round Robin 3 - Calling All Modders

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
JohnWordsworth

[Open / Signup] One Room Round Robin 3 - Calling All Modders

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Overview
The One Room Round Robin mods for Grimrock 1 were a chance for mod-makers of all skill levels to come together and make an awesome mod - one room at a time. The idea is simple, we start a new mod and pass it around and each modder gets to add one room or small area. First time modders and seasonsed pros are all welcome to take part.

This is open to everybody - even if you have never modded before you are free to take part! Taking part is as simple as replying and saying you are interested.

Details
Most of the maps have been mocked up now, apart from the 'Dark Tower', as the floor plan depends on the number of modders we have. Most importantly, the overview shows you the general lay of the land...
SpoilerShow
You can see images of the floors in the map by Clicking Here

Each room will house an item (probably a gem, but not 100% sure yet). The player will need to collect 3 out of 4 items from an area/dungeon in order to "complete" that dungeon. If the players complete all 4 rooms, they will basically have a "left over key" they can trade for treasure. This means there is an incentive to do all of the rooms, but players can skip a hard one here and there and still finish the mod.

Rules
  • Just post your name and a room number below to claim it. Let me know if you want to go sooner or later too.
  • Each modder will have the file for 1 week. If your room will take longer, please mock it up in your own file before hand and use the week just to integrate it.
  • You do not have to fill the entire space assigned to your room if you don't want to (most rooms will be 2 or 3 floors, but you can use only 1).
  • The only real requirement is that you put the pre-requisite item in the room somewhere as a reward.
  • When it is your turn, I'll send you the file over Dropbox. Please add your changes and send it back.
  • Nothing is set in stone. If you pick an outside room but someone else really wants one for their idea - you are free to switch. Just let me know.
  • You can add whatever you like to the mod, but each designer is limited to 3Mb of custom content (sorry!). We need to be under 100Mb to fit on Steam. Exact space will depend on the number of modders.
  • Please, please, please export and test your dungeon before sending it back!
Guidelines Document: Click here to read the Room Designer Guidelines
Last edited by JohnWordsworth on Fri May 15, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
JohnWordsworth

Re: [Open / Signup] One Room Round Robin 3

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Room List

Room 1. Eleven Warrior - Graveyard (17x16x1) - One Floor / Outside Only.
Room 2. AdrTru - Catacombs (9x9x3) - All Underground.
Room 3. THOM - Catacombs (9x9x3) - All Underground.
Room 4. Azel - Catacombs (9x9x3) - All Underground.
Room 5. akroma222 - Catacombs (9x9x3) - All Underground.
Room 6. Leki - Town East (12x12x2) - Top Overground. Can be 9x9x3.
Room 7. Dhomochevsky - Town East (12x12x2) - Top Overground. Can be 9x9x3.
Room 8. Skuggasveinn - Town East (12x12x2) - Top Overground. Can be 9x9x3.
Room 9. FeMaiden (Maybe) - Asylum Dungeon (Labs) (9x9x3) - All underground.
Room 10. sps999 - Asylum Dungeon (Labs) (9x9x3) - All underground.
Room 11. John Wordsworth - Asylum Dungeon (9x9x3) - All underground.
Room 12. Aaneton - Asylum Dungeon (9x9x3) - All underground.
Room 13. Duncan1246 - Twisted Forest (9x16x2) - Top Overground.
Room 14. The cube - Twisted Forest (12x12x2) - Top Overground.
Room 15. Diarmuid - Twisted Forest (12x12x2) - Top Overground.
Room 16. oliacym - Dark Tower (9x9x3) - All Inside.
Room 17. lmaoboat - Dark Tower (9x9x3) - All Inside.
Room 18. [AVAILABLE] - Dark Tower (9x9x3) - All Inside.
Room 19. Jgwman - Dark Tower (9x9x3) - All Inside.
Room 20. [AVAILABLE] - Dark Tower (9x9x3) - All Inside.
Room 21. -- ROOM REMOVED --
Room 22. Isaac - Forbidden Bog (12x12x2) - Top Overground.
Room 23. Drakkan - Forbidden Bog (12x12x2) - Top Overground.
Room 24. Xanathar - Forbidden Bog (12x12x2) - Top Overground.
Room 25. Zo Kath Ra - Forbidden Bog (12x12x2) - Top Overground.

Progression

Here is an overview of how players will progress through the mod. Level estimates get less accurate in higher areas for obvious reasons.

Area 1. Cemetery - The player will be level 1-4 here and will need to beat some of this area to get into town.
Area 2. Town, Bog, Town East, Asylum (Open World). The Bog & Town East should be around 5-9 and the Asylum 8-11.
Area 3. Twisted Forest - Build up to the final area. Players will be around 11-13 here I guess.
Area 4. Dark Tower - Final area. Players will be around 13-15 or so (at a complete guess!).

Schedule

When you are ready to start your room (or close to it), please just post below and I'll add you to the schedule. Otherwise, I'll start prodding people in the rough order above if nobody has posted to say they are ready!

I'll try to list the next couple of people below to keep things moving.
  • Complete: Xanathar, AdrTru, ElevenWarrior, Azel, Aaneton, Duncan1246, Dhomochevsky, sps999, THOM, Diarmaid, Jgwman, TheCube, Skuggasveinn
  • Currently Editing: John W
  • November: Drakkan (end Nov).
Assets for Future Designers

If you would like a draft copy of some of the assets that will be available when your turn comes around, you can download the following file and integrate it into your own "work in progress" room before you integrate on your week. Note that everything in this file is a draft and could change (although, I doubt anything will be removed, just fixed, tweaked and added).

7-Zip - Zip

Instructions are included in the file for how to integrate in your sample dungeon. I'll periodically refresh this over time as things move along.
Last edited by JohnWordsworth on Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:18 am, edited 77 times in total.
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
THOM

Re: [Open / Signup] One Room Round Robin 3 - Calling All Mod

Post by THOM »

First! :mrgreen:

Room 2, 3, 4 or 5.

My idea is an easy (but funny) one so it would be okay, if my room would appear early in the game.

Question: "Cathacomb" doesn't mean, I have to deal with copse-alcoves, right?
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by minmay »

minmay
later
my room has no monsters or ways to take damage, hope that's okay
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Thanks both - rooms reserved!

@THOM: Catacombs just use the dungeon tile set with some ornaments (including corpse alcoves) in the general areas, but no need to have any of those in your actual room if you don't want them!
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Any Dark Tower if I may. 8-) (gut response)
But is there a theme or plot to the interior?

*Consider me with an alternate for the Forbidden Bog instead ~if available. The reason being that I've yet to decide on a theme, but my previous concepts seem more fitting for the bog.

I have to get cracking on ideas. (One or the other; as neither setting seems interchangeable.)
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

I have a twisted project, so the 13rd seems cool if it's free. Later is better.
Duncan
The Blue Monastery (LOG1)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/399/?

Finisterrae(LOG2)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/61/?
Azel

Post by Azel »

I'll take Room 4 - Catacombs. Or any other room you wanna toss me in :mrgreen:
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Woohooo. I'll take the last twisted forest tile I think, 15. What's the tileset below the forest?
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Are the tiles in the room fixed? (or changeable by the designer?)