Asset Pack v1

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
petri

Re: Asset Pack v1

Post by petri »

QuintinStone wrote:petri, what do we have to do to get the global shootProjectile() function to work?
shootProjectile() is a left over from LoG1. Any object can be a projectile in Grimrock 2. Just add a Projectile component to the object. For example look at the spell projectile definition for how to setup a projectile component.
QuintinStone

Post by QuintinStone »

Ah, that was the common belief. But many of us have run into this "isn't flying" error:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8265#p84441
Crypt of Zulfar
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Thankyou Petri (and AH) !!! :D
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Could you please tell me how the animation node for the secret buttons is called? In LoG1 it was button_mesh, but that's not the case anymore apparently. I also tried button, but that doesn't work either.

EDIT: And how is the fade to black effect on the exterior castle stairs done? As far as I could see it's some kind of slightly transparent black plane stretching towards the lower part of the stairs. Could you tell me the material it uses?
Last edited by Phitt on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrChoke

Post by MrChoke »

Getting back on topic for this thread.. I would like to ask if there is a chance for release of more of the asset pack before Christmas. Specifically the materials. Yes, shame on me for asking this is what some are thinking. It is just the holiday is coming up and a lot of people have time off to work on their dungeons. For me, I am quickly getting to the point that I really need the materials. All I want to do is modify colors of existing models, nothing more. However, correct if I am wrong but we really cannot do that unless we can modify the colors of material files. I don't think we can get them out of grimrock2.dat either like we can the models.

I did not mod Grimorck 1 so I have no idea how long it took for the asset pack to come out nor do I know what is required before it can be released. Anyway, this is my request.

Thanks
minmay

Post by minmay »

MrChoke wrote:I don't think we can get them out of grimrock2.dat either like we can the models.
You can get them from grimrock2.dat with the same method. Not that I'm endorsing that, or anything...
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
MrChoke

Post by MrChoke »

minmay wrote:
MrChoke wrote:I don't think we can get them out of grimrock2.dat either like we can the models.
You can get them from grimrock2.dat with the same method. Not that I'm endorsing that, or anything...
We can? I know we can use Blender for the models but I don't recall reading anything on how to extract the materials.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Blender doesn't extract the models from grimrock2.dat. bitcpy's script does.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
MrChoke

Post by MrChoke »

minmay wrote:Blender doesn't extract the models from grimrock2.dat. bitcpy's script does.
Ok... yeah and what runs the script? Blender.

So my question remains if you want to answer it. What script/program/magic is used to extract the material files from the .dat file?
rovaira

Post by rovaira »

Hello.

I'm brand new to modding for this game, and created my first mod last night on Steam called Everaction. My question is what exactly is this? I'm a little confused. Thank you.