Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Doridion

Re: Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Post by Doridion »

Jackard wrote:Also its letting me move through some of these thin walls, without using the console. Do walls need a solid tile for collision to work properly?
Seems to have two styles of "walls" in LoG2. First ones are just there for texture. Second ones are real walls.

Examples =>
- dungeon_wall_01 : Can pass through ( Wall component )
- dungeon_wall_02 : Can pass through ( Wall component )
- dungeon_wall_grating : Can NOT pass through ( Door component )
- forest_ruins_wall_01 : Can NOT pass through ( Door component )
- etc ...

Also, seems than "walls" definition in LoG2 have changed, and if you want a really thin wall, you must define it as a door ... you could re-define them and add colision compenent.
MrChoke

Post by MrChoke »

NutJob wrote:Q1: Is there a way to find entities(At) on another level? So far I can only use self or the calling object (be it a lever, the party, floor trigger, etc) with entitiesAt(x,y) and would love something like entitiesAt(level,x,y).

Q2: Is there a way to get the height of a tile? so far I have been using "self.go.map:getElevation(party.x, party.y)" but it's cumbersome.
A1) We know about Dungeon.getMap() now. So you could say Dungeon.getMap(2) let's say even though your party is on level 1. And with that map you can do the entitiesAt() call for whatever square you want on level 2.

A2) I think map:getElevation(x, y) is the only way I have seen. I am not following why you feel its cumbersome though.
Jackard

Post by Jackard »

Doridion wrote:Seems to have two styles of "walls" in LoG2. First ones are just there for texture. Second ones are real walls.

Examples =>
- dungeon_wall_01 : Can pass through
- dungeon_wall_02 : Can pass through

Also, seems than "walls" definition in LoG2 have changed, and if you want a really thin wall, you must define it as a door ... you could re-define them and add colision compenent.
What's the difference between dungeon_wall 1 and 2? I'm not seeing anything, and it seems like one of them should have collision .
GoldenShadowGS

Post by GoldenShadowGS »

I need help figuring out how to re-enable a lever that is self disabled.
I want to stop the levers to stop working until the puzzle is reset by another button
Doridion

Post by Doridion »

Jackard wrote:What's the difference between dungeon_wall 1 and 2? I'm not seeing anything, and it seems like one of them should have collision .
Graphical differences only, both haven't collision ( tested actually ^^ )
Jackard

Post by Jackard »

Cannot seem to add collision to these thin dungeon walls, what object would you recommend? Atm I can only use them as a facade for walls formed by terrain/elevation.
ScroLL

Post by ScroLL »

invisible_wall

there's also invisible_rocky_wall but I haven't played with that yet.
Karinas23

Post by Karinas23 »

The wall_fire asset...id like it burn continuously instead of lasting 3 seconds....i mean who doesnt love fire pits dotted about a boss fight ;p
GoldenShadowGS

Post by GoldenShadowGS »

I just discovered something. Those thin forest ruin walls are actually doors in the game engine. I think this means all "Wall" objects are solid throughout the entire square. But door objects block only between two tiles. This means if you want to make a thin dungeon wall, you can use your dungeon facades and put a forest ruin wall and turn off its model to make it solid. I just tested and it works.
Jackard

Post by Jackard »

ScroLL wrote:invisible_wall
I saw that, but looks like it takes the entire tile! Is there a thin version?
GoldenShadowGS wrote:I just discovered something. Those thin forest ruin walls are actually doors in the game engine. I think this means all "Wall" objects are solid throughout the entire square. But door objects block only between two tiles. This means if you want to make a thin dungeon wall, you can use your dungeon facades and put a forest ruin wall and turn off its model to make it solid. I just tested and it works.
Thanks very much, I can't test right now but this sounds like it solves the issue
Last edited by Jackard on Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.