Akroma GUI Pack [Abandoned]

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Pompidom

Re: [WIP] Legacy of Lies

Post by Pompidom »

And I just remembered why I didn't play Labyrinth of Lies yet.

In the very first level on my first playthrough I got genuinely stuck as in completely trapped depending from what side you can place objects on the pressure plates. Since I didn't bother to save, I had to restart.

Then I stumbled on an infinite experience loop. Couldn't open the door at the wisp teleport.

Decided to follow Akroma's playthrough step by step, still stumbled on the infinite experience loop. And the door still wouldn't open.
All on level 1 version 3.6

That's 3 gamebreaking bugs in the first level where I decided not to stick around.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

When looking at the editor map, I can't even find anything remotely connected to the closed AmadaciaDoor1.

So it's no wonder I can't continue. Teleported a bit around in the maps, was pleasantly surprised with the Ultima Underworld 2 music tracks :)
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

Honestly dont know how you got stuck and never encountered the infinite experience loop.

Shame tho. You re missing out on alot ... labyrinth of lies is a masterpiece in my opinion.

Will watch the playthrough later. To see what you mean. Because its been a long time since I finished lab of lies.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

I have teleported a bit around in the editor file and for a log 1 mod I'm sure it's great :)
It's definitely much better than the default campaign :)
So probably will play it a bit longer. But no point now as long I'm stuck.

You can get permanently stuck depending in which direction you have placed items on a pressure plate. If you can't reach the item when standing on the other side of the grating that's keeping the pressure plate down, you can get stuck. I was just haphazardly running around, dropping stones and torches and picking them up again on the pressure plates to unlock everything until i got stuck.

Then I had this small mushroom spawning in every 40 seconds at the same place over and over again, so I figured that I had to trap the mushroom on the middle pressure plate since that was the only pressure plate that didn't trigger from items, but then it turns out it didn't react to the mushroom.

I had found every single secret and item before I even looked at the youtube tutorial.
Then finally looking at the map editor file I simply can't find the trigger that opens the amadaciadoor1 so either I'm missing something having a brainfart or I'm genuinely bugged. Who knows?
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Sorry folks, short reply just for now....

Firstly, Pompidom - I apologize sincerely for being overly defensive in my last reply...
I will address your points / suggestions in full shortly, but for now - sorry buddy :oops: :roll:
Pompidom wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:04 pm When looking at the editor map, I can't even find anything remotely connected to the closed AmadaciaDoor1.
You need to place :
SpoilerShow
an amethyst gem into the dragon statues mouth - near the flooded / tentacle area.....
this then activates a function (below) in a Script entity named "townlightsScript" (24x, 20y, level 3) :
SpoilerShow

Code: Select all

function openDurinDoor()
	local itemFound = nil
	local c = party:getChampion(1)
	local dragon = findEntity("entryDragonAlcove")

for i in dragon:containedItems() do
		if i.name == "red_gem" or i.name == "blue_gem" or i.name == "green_gem" then
			hudPrint(""..c:getName()..": Errrm nothing happened.... Maybe we need a different gem??")
			return false
		elseif i.name == "amethyst_gem" then
			itemFound = i.id
		end
	end

if itemFound ~= nil then
		findEntity("amadaciaDoor1"):open()
		party:shakeCamera(0.2, 10)
		hudPrint(""..c:getName()..": The Door to Central Amadacia should be open now! Let's get a move on!")
		local gem = findEntity(itemFound)
		gem:destroy()
		local dragon = findEntity("entryDragonAlcove")
		dragon:addItem(spawn("fake_gem_amethyst"),nil, nil, nil, nil)
		playSound("avalanche")
		for i = -1,1 do
			for j = -1,1 do
				spawn("fx", party.level, party.x + i, party.y + j, party.facing)
        			:setParticleSystem("earthquake_dust")
			end
		end
	end
end
Pompidom wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:32 pm In the very first level on my first playthrough I got genuinely stuck as in completely trapped depending from what side you can place objects on the pressure plates. Since I didn't bother to save, I had to restart.
Where exactly did you get stuck? Send me the co-ordinates? Ive not had any players report getting stuck on this level.... maybe you have picked up a bug the rest of us didnt? :? :?:
(EDIT: I will take as look at the puzzle in the next few days and see if I can replicate getting stuck ;) ... curious - did you get past that puzzle? Sounds like you got stuck and stopped there, then teleported around to check out this n that..?)
Then I stumbled on an infinite experience loop. Couldn't open the door at the wisp teleport.
Are you referring to the small herder in the middle of the Gate & Plate puzzle? (EDIT: yes you are)
I left that open on purpose so if players wanted to level up their champs a few levels then they could (as there is some potentially very tough fights -and fireball traps- in the first level). If people really had nothing else better to do than kill small herders over and over, thats up to them - but they would quickly realize it would take quite an increasingly long time between each level up - I'm not worried :P

On the 4th level (actually level 6) "Below the Pits" ... you will come across the spell "Wispshift"
This spell allows you to interact with the wisp portals (you can do some back tracking - to where you have found the first portal -
to complete some nice secrets/loot)
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

No I basically solved and found everything myself up until the adamacia door.

When I was stuck, I had to restart all over again because I didn't save. It basically involves poor placement of objects on the pressure plates when standing on them away from gratings, so that you can't lift them off anymore when standing next to it behind a grating. It was basically a freak accident.

I didn't know that the dragon statues could hold gems so that explains everything. I only know the dragon statues from a custom asset pack in log2 as ordinary statues. And I considered the whole fountain area with the dragon statue as an additional secret area.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Good stuff so far.
Slightly annoyed at the +20 earth magic requirement for portals when I have 0 points invested in earth magic.
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Pompidom wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:40 am Good stuff so far.
Slightly annoyed at the +20 earth magic requirement for portals when I have 0 points invested in earth magic.
Good to hear ;)
You've got plenty of labyrinth ahead of you, you can pump Earth Magic to 20 and leave it there so you at least have access to:
SpoilerShow
the secret level, Yggdrassil
Other magic skills (Spellcraft, Air Magic, Staff Defence) have similar spells (with "takes you to a secret level effect"), but the requirements for those are much higher, around 40 - 50 skill pnts.
I would say quite confidently, unless you want to watch and play through the mod exactly as shown in my walkthrough videos... you are going to come across things... secrets, equipment or even entire levels that you will not be able to access, either straight away or at all. There is just that much stuff. I understand the desire to -find all the things & do all the stuff- we all do.... but you may need ease your sights on that goal. It would pain me to hear you wanting to restart and rebuild your party :cry: :|

Again a short reply for now, will chat more soon...
Im very glad you are giving my mod another shot, flattered sir.
And kelly111, cheers for twisting Pompidom's arm a little 8-) ;)
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

Good t hear you are enjoying it pompidom ;)
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Hey All,
here is a quick video demonstrating the basics of a custom Rune Panel ive been working on... Please note,
I still need to redo the tool tips for spell scrolls to show the spells' required runes
There is also a pesky bug with clicking through the runepanel into the vanilla weapon swap tabs
Pls ignore the obvious weapon set issues, I will detail the problem further along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9CCwttprOM

** more to come... **
Akroma
Last edited by akroma222 on Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:17 am, edited 4 times in total.