Custom Editor Icons

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
vanblam

Custom Editor Icons

Post by vanblam » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:27 pm

I was just wondering if there was a way to add more icons for the dungeon editor. Sometimes I wish I had a different icon for the model or asset that I create :P ( besides the ones they provide).. I have a feeling tho, that it is hard coded.

Thanks

Duncan1246

Re: Custom Editor Icons

Post by Duncan1246 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:11 am

vanblam wrote:I was just wondering if there was a way to add more icons for the dungeon editor. Sometimes I wish I had a different icon for the model or asset that I create :P ( besides the ones they provide).. I have a feeling tho, that it is hard coded.

Thanks
You have to give a look to the asset pack of LG2, in textures/gui you will found the icones atlas . In the same way, see the thread of Akroma: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8058#p81471.
The Blue Monastery (LOG1)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/399/?

Finisterrae(LOG2)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/61/?

vanblam

Post by vanblam » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:41 pm

I think you might have misunderstood my question. I'm talking about the actual icons you see in the " Dungeon Editor" for example I want to add an Icon in the editor for a skeleton. This way I have a better understanding on whats going on in the editor. It can get very cluttered with the same icons representing many different models/obstacles. Or do I simply create another dungeon_editor_icons.dds like "dungeon_editor_icons2.dds"? If so how would I call it from a script?

minmay

Post by minmay » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:32 pm

cant be done without modifying grimrock2.dat
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.

vanblam

Post by vanblam » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:11 am

ahh darn that's what I figured :P .. thanks for your reply's tho :)