Export game acts different

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
RayB

Export game acts different

Post by RayB »

I have included an illusion rock in my mod. I used a 'beach_rock_blocker' object to create the effect.

The idea is for the rock to appear there blocking the way but is really an illusion and he player can walk right through it.

I placed the 'beach_rock_blocker' in the party's path and simply selected it then unchecked the obstacle component.
It works perfectly in the dungeon editor but when I exported the mod and played it the beach rock still acts as an obstacle.

Can anyone explain what is going on?
minmay

Re: Export game acts different

Post by minmay »

That object has minimalSaveState, so when the game is saved and loaded, only its map position is preserved. Any changes you made to it, such as disabling Components, are lost.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
RayB

Re: Export game acts different

Post by RayB »

Thank you
Once again you have cleared up a mystery for me. And, I appreciate all the help you have given me in the past.