Console won't open

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
santaclaus

Console won't open

Post by santaclaus »

I have changed the config files to console = true and consolekey = 192 but I see nothing when I press the tilde key I have played the game through a few times and never had issues with it. Any hints how to get into the console? Do I need a modding addon?

The only thing diff is I am playing in 4k but I dont see how that can effect console, :x
Isaac

Re: Console won't open

Post by Isaac »

santaclaus wrote:I have changed the config files to console = true and consolekey = 192 but I see nothing when I press the tilde key I have played the game through a few times and never had issues with it. Any hints how to get into the console? Do I need a modding addon?

The only thing diff is I am playing in 4k but I dont see how that can effect console, :x
Perhaps your keyboard/WindowsOS(?) is set to a local language? (with different scan-codes)

You can always try a different key. For mine, I set the key to the backslash " \ " (for some unknown reason years back); the one above the enter/return key. (It has the silly side effect of not allowing me to type escapes in the console, but I've never bothered to change it.)

My config setting is:

Code: Select all

console = true
consoleKey = 220
santaclaus

Post by santaclaus »

Well that worked!! Thanks for the help. But I have no idea why it didnt work before, I did cut and paste your text so it might of been a typo or something.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Was going to say I remember the thread for this.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.