[Spoilers] Atlas Compendium - Secrets, Items, & Equipment

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Dr.Disaster

Re: [Spoilers] Atlas Compendium - Secrets, Items, & Equipmen

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Check the east end.
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

Is there any chance of getting the weapon special attacks' stats posted along with the standard values? It's clear from some other threads that the special attacks have separate cooldown times, and it isn't always obvious what a given special attack does in game terms (double or triple damage? how many extra swings? is there a reduction to anything else in the process?) just from the name.
The Doppelgamer

Post by The Doppelgamer »

Neutronium Dragon wrote:Is there any chance of getting the weapon special attacks' stats posted along with the standard values? It's clear from some other threads that the special attacks have separate cooldown times, and it isn't always obvious what a given special attack does in game terms (double or triple damage? how many extra swings? is there a reduction to anything else in the process?) just from the name.
It has been months since I've played LoG2 and as a result also means I'm no longer working on this project, I've moved onto playing other games now. I do try to check this thread periodically for any new posts, so if you find any mistakes I've made in the original post then I'll do my best to fix those errors as soon as possible.

Unfortunately what you're asking for would take too much time testing for the exact values (especially since I'm not currently playing the game and don't even have it installed on my computer at the moment). However, if you know of another other thread or a wiki-page that already has this information, then please link it to me and I'll take the time to include that information in my original post.
Check out my LoG2 Atlas Compendium (All Secrets, Treasures, Items, Equipment, Zones/Maps, & More!)
Also check out my LoG2 Icon
minmay

Post by minmay »

Thrust: 1 second buildup, double attack power, +50 accuracy
Flurry of Slashes: 1 second buildup, half attack power, 3 attacks at 0.2 second intervals, 1.5x cooldown, +20 accuracy
Knockback: 1 second buildup, 1.5x attack power, 1.5x cooldown, knocks back
Throw: 0.1 second buildup, 1.5x attack power
Chop: 1 second buildup, 1.5x cooldown, 2x attack power
Bash: same as Chop but also +10 armour piercing
Stun: same as Chop but also 30% chance to stun
Cleave: 1 second buildup, 1.5x cooldown, 2.5x attack power, +10 armour piercing
Devastate: 1 second buildup, 2x cooldown, 2.5x attack power
Volley: 1 second buildup, 1.5x cooldown, 2 attacks at what seem to be approximately 0.2 second intervals (it's whatever the default repeatDelay is)

Yes, devastate is strictly worse than cleave.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Neutronium Dragon

That's perfect!

Actually, one small question: does "#x attack power" refer to the total normal damage or only one part of it (the weapon base or the ability modifier)?

Edit: And a second one! What about the "Harvest Time" special of the scythe?
minmay

Post by minmay »

Neutronium Dragon wrote:That's perfect!

Actually, one small question: does "#x attack power" refer to the total normal damage or only one part of it (the weapon base or the ability modifier)?
The base attack power of the weapon's default melee attack. Notice that I said "#x attack power" and not "#x damage".
Neutronium Dragon wrote:Edit: And a second one! What about the "Harvest Time" special of the scythe?
Harvest Time, Leech, Volley of Stars, Big Shot, Reload, etc. are not power attack templates, they are specific to the items that have them. You can view every detail of them in the item definitions in the asset pack.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Neutronium Dragon

Thank you. I didn't realize that those were available since I'd been looking on the Modding page and that still has the asset pack as "To Do". Going through it now.
The Doppelgamer

Update! I've included the stats of the special attacks for each weapon that uses Thrust, Flurry of Slashes, Knockback, Throw, Chop, Bash, Stun, Cleave, Devastate, & Volley. (Thank you minmay for providing the info)

I'm still missing the stats on some of the more unique special attacks, if someone could provide me with the stat info for them then I'll add it to the original post. The ones I'm still missing are...
Harvest Time, Bite, Leech, Power Throw, Sleep Dart, Repeat Fire, Reload, Big Shot, Volley of Stars, Spit, Meteor Storm, Fireball, Lightning Bolt, Shock Arrow, Lightning Ball, Shock, Poison Bolt, Dispel, & Cloud of Nightmare.

I would be most appreciative if someone could collect that information for me and try to keep it in a somewhat similar format as shown below. ^^
Stun: 1 second buildup, 1.5x cooldown, 2x attack power, 30% chance to stun
Check out my LoG2 Atlas Compendium (All Secrets, Treasures, Items, Equipment, Zones/Maps, & More!)
minmay

Post by minmay »

Like I said, those do not work like the power attack templates; they don't multiply the regular attacks' cooldown/attack power/etc. They are dedicated action components defined specifically for each weapon.

Harvest Time (Scythe): 1 second buildup, energy cost 40, attack power 23, critical chance +10%, critical multiplier 10, cooldown 3.5
Bite (Venomfang Pick): 1 second buildup, energy cost 30, attack power 10, pure poison damage, no stat bonus to damage, accuracy +50, causes poison status, cooldown 4.5, sucks
Leech (Backbiter): 1 second buildup, energy cost 25, attack power 20, accuracy +20, cooldown 4.5
Leech (Boneblade): 1 second buildup, energy cost 25, attack power 35, accuracy +20, cooldown 4.5
- Both Leech attacks, upon hitting a monster, heal the champion for 70% (Backbiter) or 50% (Boneblade) of the damage done if the monster is not a construct, elemental, or undead. If the monster is undead, the champion is damaged for 70% (both weapons) of the damage done ("Backlash"). If the monster is a construct or elemental, nothing happens. The monster is always damaged normally.
Power Throw (Throwing Axe): 1 second buildup, energy cost 30, attack power 36, armour pierce 10, cooldown 5
- If you have throwing master, the offhand weapon is thrown normally (it doesn't benefit from the power throw).
Sleep Dart (Blowpipe): 1 second buildup, energy cost 25, attack power 5, cooldown 6, fires sleep dart
- If a sleep dart hits a monster it will set the value of its "sleep" condition to 20 (seconds), regardless of its current value.
- Sleeping monsters do not act, but damaging them will remove the condition.
Repeat Fire (Repeater): 1 second buildup, energy cost 30, attack power 17, 6 attacks at 0.15 second intervals, jam chance 15%, cooldown 6
Reload (Dragonbreath Revolver): 1 second buildup, energy cost 0, sets loaded ammo count to 6 (consuming as many pellets as necessary)
Big Shot (Hand Cannon): 1 second buildup, energy cost 50, attack power 120, backfire chance 15%, cooldown 6
- Upon attacking, if the party is not moving, they will be knocked backwards 1 square. This can be used to move in mid-air on levels with multiple elevations, and even cross gaps (but not pits).
- If this knockback causes them to hit a wall, or anything else prevents them from moving, the back two party members will take 1d5 damage each.
Volley of Stars (shuriken): 1 second buildup, energy cost 30, attack power 14 (that's not a typo, it really is 1 higher than the regular attack power), 3 attacks at default repeat interval (0.2 seconds?), spread of 0.4 (whatever that means)
Spit (Serpent Staff): 1 second buildup, energy cost 15, cooldown 4, casts Open Serpent Door at power level 1
- Bonus fun fact: The Serpent Staff's regular melee attack has a 20% chance to poison monsters it hits. Nobody knows this.
Meteor Storm (Meteor Hammer): 1 second buildup, energy cost 50, charges 9, cooldown 10, casts Meteor Storm at power level 5
Fireball (Fireblade): 1 second buildup, energy cost 25, charges 9, cooldown 5, casts Fireball at power level 4
Lightning Bolt (Lightning Blade): 1 second buildup, energy cost 25, charges 9, cooldown 5, casts Lightning Bolt at power level 4
Lightning Bolt (Stormseed Orb): 1 second buildup, energy cost 25, charges 9, cooldown 0, casts Lightning Bolt at power level 1
Shock Arrow (Lightning Bow): 1 second buildup, energy cost 30, attack power 30, pure shock damage, cooldown 4.5
Shock (Lightning Rod): 1 second buildup, energy cost 25, charges 9, cooldown 5, casts Shock at power level 3
Poison Bolt (Venom Edge): 1 second buildup, energy cost 25, charges 9, cooldown 5, casts Poison Bolt at power level 3
Poison Bolt (Shaman Staff): 1 second buildup, energy cost 25, cooldown 5, casts Poison Bolt at power level 3
Dispel (Acolyte Staff): 1 second buildup, energy cost 40, cooldown 0, casts Dispel at power level 3
Cloud of Nightmares (Wand of Fear): 1 second buildup, energy cost 30, cooldown 5, casts Cause Fear at default power
Heal (Crystal Shield): 2 second buildup, energy cost 50, charges 9, cooldown 0, casts Heal at default power
Fire Shield (Meteor Shield): 2 second buildup, energy cost 30, charges 9, cooldown 0, casts Fire Shield at default power
Light (Orb of Radiance): 1 second buildup, energy cost 25, cooldown 0, casts Light at default power
Invisibility (Silver Scepter of Isochronos): 1 second buildup, energy cost 40, cooldown 0, casts Invisibility at default power
Force Field (Jeweled Scepter of Ruling): 1 second buildup, energy cost 35, charges 5, cooldown 0, casts Force Field at power level 9
Disintegrate (Wizard's Virge): 1 second buildup, energy cost 80, cooldown 0, casts Disintegrate at default power

Again, ignore the item's regular attack when thinking of these. Harvest Time does not have +15% critical chance total, it has +10% critical chance. Bite has no armour piercing. And so on.

I don't know of any ability called Lightning Ball.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
The Doppelgamer

Update!
I've finished adding the stats of all special attacks to each weapon in the item index section in the original post!
Example: Harvest Time (Requires Heavy Weapons 4, Critical 2) Damage is separate from the weapons base stats, 1 second buildup, energy cost 40, attack power 23, critical chance +10%, critical multiplier 10, cooldown 3.5
Thank you again minmay for supplying all the stats for each special attack, much appreciated ^^

Also, I added some graphics in the original post for a few different things, example below.
ImageImage
ImageImage
I'm actually quite happy with how they came out ^^

minmay wrote:I don't know of any ability called Lightning Ball.
That was a typo I made in the original post which I've corrected (was supposed to be lightning bolt).

Speaking of which, due to the massive amount of typing I needed to do to make this "Atlas Compendium" there is still likely a few typos I may have missed (though I have proof read it several several times now and it is becoming near impossible to spot any now). If anyone finds a typo, ANY typo, please let me know and I'll fix it as soon as possible! The reason why I want to fix ANY/ALL typos is so that anyone can use CTRL+F to search for anything in the original post (don't forget to expand the spoilers) and not miss anything due to a typo. Thanks in advance! ^^