[Spoilers] Special Armor Set Compendium v1.5

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Klezzon

[Spoilers] Special Armor Set Compendium v1.5

Post by Klezzon »

Ok, since i see A LOT of "where is that armor" thread, i decided to make a single thread with all the special armor in the game.

Feel free to help by adding any armor piece you know with a reply. Please be 100% sure of it.

EMBALMER SET:
Each part is +2 Protection, +1 Vitality [FULL SET BONUS] None
SpoilerShow
  • HEAD:
  • Embalmer's Headpiece - Piramid of Umas, Tomb of The Forgotten. In a small alcove with 3 sarcophagus. ???
    TORSO:
  • Embalmer's Robe - Buried Chest - Buried over the tree in front of the Crystal in Shipwreck Beach
    LEG:
  • Embalmer's Pants - Actually not in game
    FEET:
  • Embalmer's Shoes - Twigroot Forest, right behind the Fire temple, on the right.
    HANDS:
  • ---
    SHIELD:
  • ---
ARCHMAGE SET:
Each part is +3 Protection, +1 Willpower, +10 Resist All [FULL SET BONUS] +50 Energy
SpoilerShow
  • HEAD:
  • ArchMage's Cap - Sewers, south east, secret button near stairs on follow the leader ???
    TORSO:
  • ArchMage's Scapular - Pyramid of Umas, Tomb of Rites. In a room with a fire spitting face and a bunch of teleporters, there is a secret button on the western wall. ???
    LEG:
  • ArchMage's Mantle - Gold Key Needed - The Cache, Conjurer's Cache.
    FEET:
  • ArchMage's Loafers - Crystal Mines, Little statue shooting opens/closes all those ground hatches. Underneath those ground hatches there is a spiked area. ???
    HANDS:
  • ---
    SHIELD:
  • ---
ROGUE SET:
Each part is +5 Protection, +1 Dexterity [FULL SET BONUS] None
SpoilerShow
  • HEAD:
  • Rogue Hood - Forgotten River, East of the Crystal after a door opened by an hidden switch near the fountain.
    TORSO:
  • Rogue Vest - Twigroot Tunnels, secret door inside the easternmost warg den in the Nest. ???
    LEG:
  • Rogue Pants - Archives, reached by one of the 6 pitfall in the NW of the Ruin of Desarune.
    FEET:
  • Rogue Boots - Gold Key Needed - Hamlet of Stormbreach, House of Needle, north side.
    HANDS:
  • Rogue Gloves - Forgotten River, W-SW, right after the Shrine of Entanglement there is a 5 tiles structure with a hidden button, press it to reach a new place with a locked chest.
    SHIELD:
  • ---
-------------------
LIGHT ARMORS
-------------------

MAKESHIFT SET:
Each part is +3 Protection, +5 Energy [FULL SET BONUS] None
SpoilerShow
  • HEAD:
  • Thraelm Tribal Mask - Shipwreck Beach, Hidden Beach. In the Dead Sailor Cave press the hidden switch in the southern corner.
    TORSO:
  • Thraelm Tribal Chestplate - Forgotten River, 2 tiles south of the Shrine of Pain.
    LEG:
  • Thraelm Tribal Legplates - Forgotten River, W-SW, right after the Shrine of Entanglement there is a 5 tiles structure with a hidden button, press it to reach a new place with a locked chest.
    FEET:
  • ---
    HANDS:
  • ---
    SHIELD:
  • Thraelm Tribal Buckler [+2 Evasion, +5 Energy, No Light armor needed] - ???
REED SET:
Each part is +4 Protection, +2 Evasion [FULL SET BONUS] None
SpoilerShow
  • HEAD:
  • Reed Helmet - Twigroot Tunnel, NW, in the room where you get the Brass key you need to press an hidden switchon the left.
    TORSO:
  • Reed Cuirass - Twigroot Tunnels, secret switch in the room with the exit stairs open a door in the same room.
    LEG:
  • Reed Legmail - Forgotten River, under Southern Bridge, underwater on the northerd side there is a lever that open the passage from the southern side.
    FEET:
  • Reed Sabatous - Buried Chest - 4 step in front of Cache entrance, look right and dig.
    HANDS:
  • Reed Gauntlets - ???
    SHIELD:
  • ---
MIRROR SET:
Each part is +8 Protection, +5 Resist All [FULL SET BONUS] None
SpoilerShow
  • HEAD:
  • Mirror Tagelmust - Piramid of Umas, In the rooms controlling the pitfalls of the near the tombs of the forgotten and highborn. In the western (Forgotten side) pit room there is a secret button on the south side next to the torch. This opens a hidden room on the eastern pit room (Highborn side) north wall. ???
    TORSO:
  • Mirror Chestplate - Lexiconary "secret that opens with a round key", hidden area to the south. Location 254 on this map. http://www.corsual.com/l/legend-of-grim ... RulrtH.jpg ???
    LEG:
  • Mirror Cuisse - Sleet Island, North West under the underwater skyway, there are an hidden switch left of piramid entrance and another one on a wall with some ivy.
    FEET:
  • Mirror Greaves - Piramid of Umas, Tomb of The Forgotten.
    Puzzle involving the light shooter that opens the gate to the key.???
    HANDS:
  • Mirror Gauntles - pyramid on level 1 in an alcove ???
    SHIELD:
  • Buckler [+2 Evasion, No Light armor needed, Can be weared as Armband] - Twigroot Forest, SouthEst of the Fire Temple, accesible after Twigroot Tunnels
-------------------
HEAVY ARMORS
-------------------

CRYSTAL SET:
Each part is +15 Protection, +5 Health [FULL SET BONUS] +75 Health
SpoilerShow
  • HEAD:
  • Crystal Helmet - Wormbound Catacombs, SE, in the room with the fireballs, follow the fireball until the path end, watching the wall you'll se a secret switch, activate it and walk backward 4 tiles and right 1. You'll also find the "ice guardian statue".
    TORSO:
  • Crystal Cuirass - Flooded Dungeon, NE part there is a 2x1 dead end, on the 1st tile there is a secret switch that opens a secret room on the 2nd tile
    LEG:
  • Crystal Greaves - Crystal Mine, dropping from top floor ???
    FEET:
  • Crystal Boots - Crystal Mines ???
    HANDS:
  • Crystal Gauntles - Sewers, North, solve "tetris puzzle". ???
    SHIELD:
  • Crystal Shield [+10 Evasion, Wearer is Immune to petrify, Heal (Concentration 2)] - Sewers, follow est underwater path. Gold Key Needed
METEOR SET:
Each part is +18 Protection [FULL SET BONUS] 100% Fire resistance
SpoilerShow
  • HEAD:
  • Meteor Helm - Crystal Mines, Near Little statue shooting opens/closes all those ground hatches, just sitting on a shelf. ???
    TORSO:
  • Meteor Plate - Dropped by one of the golems in the desert.
    LEG:
  • Meteor Legplate - Pyramid of Umas, Ceremonial chambers, room with 4 telepoerters and a fireball flying between them.???
    FEET:
  • Meteor Greaves - Wormbound Catabombs, NE, after the boss fight against Xarant. Gold Key Needed
    HANDS:
  • Meteor Gauntles - Crystal mines ???
    SHIELD:
  • Meteor Shield [+7 Evasion, +10 Fire Resistance] - Sewers, in an alcove in a 3x3 room ???
Last edited by Klezzon on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Chiller

Re: [Spoilers] Special Armor Set Compendium v1.0

Post by Chiller »

You forgot the Reed set!

Meteor chestpiece dropped off one of the golems in the desert.
Rogue hood was in a chest in the Forgotten River area, in a secret area SE (near the crystal and fountain). See this thread for more about the set http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7336.
Mirror gauntlets are in the pyramid on level 1 in an alcove (inside a secret area I think).
The Archmage legpiece is from the Thief's Cache (caster). That's probably one of the better known locations :)
The Archmage hat is in the sewers in a secret area.
The Crystal Shield is in the sewers in a secret area which can be accessed by going under water in the NW part of the level. It also requires a gold key.

I'll edit this with more info when I get it. Probably on second playthrough.
sergregor

Post by sergregor »

Embalmer's Robe is in a buried treasure chest beside the tree opposite the healing crystal in the beach. You can get it immediately after you get the shovel.
iwcuforever

Post by iwcuforever »

Meteor gauntlets is in the Crystal Mine Entrance.
You will need put the hide button on the wall and a lockpick.It's a secret chest.

Meteor Gauntlets:
protection+18
evasion-10 without heavy armor proficiency
weight:2.5 kg
Last edited by iwcuforever on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
iwcuforever

Post by iwcuforever »

Crystal Boots is in the Crystal Mine Entrance.
You need to solve a puzzle to get it.

Crystal Boots:
protection+15
Health+5
evasion-10 without heavy armor proficiency
weight:2.6 kg
Last edited by iwcuforever on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Saice

Post by Saice »

Wow I'm really sad to see most of the sets have no global bonus for completing them.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
billythegreat

Post by billythegreat »

Meteor leggings in Pyramid level 3, area with 2 fireballs.
Klezzon

Post by Klezzon »

Chiller wrote:You forgot the Reed set!
Ops ! :o
I used it for a very little time ! :p
Chiller wrote: Meteor chestpiece dropped off one of the golems in the desert.
Rogue hood was in a chest in the Forgotten River area, in a secret area SE (near the crystal and fountain). See this thread for more about the set http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7336.
Mirror gauntlets are in the pyramid on level 1 in an alcove (inside a secret area I think).
The Archmage legpiece is from the Thief's Cache (caster). That's probably one of the better known locations :)
The Archmage hat is in the sewers in a secret area.
The Crystal Shield is in the sewers in a secret area which can be accessed by going under water in the NW part of the level. It also requires a gold key.
K, updating in progress... more info on location please ?
sergregor wrote:Embalmer's Robe is in a buried treasure chest beside the tree opposite the healing crystal in the beach. You can get it immediately after you get the shovel.
Actually, i belive that buried treasure are random... so i think i'll put a generic "Buried Treasure" then
iwcuforever wrote: [...]
Actually i already wrote thing like status bonus and malus, and i belive weight to be un-important.
What i could need is more precision on the spot.
billythegreat wrote:Meteor leggings in Pyramid level 3, area with 2 fireballs.
Direction on map ? [NW, E, S. etc.] Actual map name ?
Last edited by Klezzon on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ribkage

Post by Ribkage »

Crystal Helmet is in South East Wormbound Catacombs after solving a puzzle . It's right next to the "ice guardian statue" which is used to solve a nearby riddle/puzzle.

Meteor Greaves are in North Wormbound Catabombs, need gold key to access.
iwcuforever

Re: [Spoilers] Special Armor Set Compendium v1.1

Post by iwcuforever »

One Crystal armor just add 5 point health.

Crystal Cuirass is in the Flooded Dungeon which is in the Sleet Island.
It's a secret.