Stuck in the archives / lexiconary / secret room

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
eispfogel

Stuck in the archives / lexiconary / secret room

Post by eispfogel »

So i digged some holes around the graveyard and decided it is time to go back and clear some secrets in the archive.
I entered a secret room with 3 maneating chests(how i hated them in Dark Souls..and here they are even more creepy).

After the fight i wanted to leave the room but for that i need a key.
I searched the whole room for a key or secret button - nothing.
I looked in my inventory - nothing
I bumped every wall - nothing

What am i missing? The only thing i found were some shoes and an old shirt. I hope the key did not fell down into the lava.
Is this a Bug or do i have to look harder? I just want to get out again.
Last edited by eispfogel on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr WILSOOOON look i MADE FIRE!
Thanks for the laugh Almost Human :)
endervoid

Re: Stuck in the archives

Post by endervoid »

SpoilerShow
one of the chests drops the key, search the floor :P
eispfogel

Post by eispfogel »

Thx for the reply.

Like i said - i searched the whole floor slowly and step by step - there is no key.
Well this is my first bug so far...i will reload. I shall find those chests again.
neondead

Post by neondead »

Same thing happened to me, no key. I guess I killed one of the mimics over a grate and the key fell down. :(
antti

Post by antti »

The key cannot fall down the grating since they are, in essence, just normal floors with decorations on them. But yeah, it would be good to know if there's an issue here so if you have a saved game where the problem has occurred, could you send it to feedback AT almosthumangames dot com? Thanks :)
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
eispfogel

Post by eispfogel »

I will revisit the area and when it happens again i send the savegame.
(when it does not happen again i will try it until it happens! but iam sooo afraid of those mimics..more then of spiders)
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

I got the ornate key from one of the mimics no problem, so if there's a bug it doesn't always happen.
eispfogel

Re: Stuck in the archives / lexiconary / secret room

Post by eispfogel »

Yes it doesn't always happen(which is good).
i tried 15 times now but the key always appeared. It sparkles so much that you can see it from across the room - so it really wasnt there the first time i entered.
I have a very old save game(from when i was 4 hours into the game) and are now working my way through the lexiconary again, but it will take some time to get there. I just want to reproduce what i did the first time.

Oh and when i send in the savegame, shall i also send the custom portraits? I dont know what happens when you load it up but dont have them.

Edit: I speedrunned again to the mimics and had a hefty fight with them(my party was weak at that time and only level 7) but the key always dropped.
Maybe...maybe the key was there and i did not look hard enough? If it was in a position like in this picture:

Chances are i really just did not see it. But i looked so hard - tile by tile and just couldnt get out. I will try again every once in a while but now i just want to eat some snakes ;)
antti

Post by antti »

Yeah, it's possible that the key ended up in a place where it was just difficult to spot but we'll keep our eyes open if other folks encounter the same issue.
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
Swordborn

Post by Swordborn »

Just saw this thread - I can confirm that I encountered the same issue. I entered the room and defeated the mimics twice - and like eispfogel I combed the room top to bottom - both times having to reload because I couldn't find anything.

Later on, I came back and attempted the secret again, when I was almost done with the whole complex, and the key dropped plain as day. Very easy to find, and I'm sure I didn't just miss it the first two times.